Football season is here and i bet a lot of experts are browsing right now...

football season is here and i bet a lot of experts are browsing right now. i was hoping one of you guys could help me out and please explain what happened here? does anybody know?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XVT07Avfr0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wilson madden'd it, by that I mean he didn't read his other receivers he just followed the play exactly by the book. he even had room to dive it in but he was caught up in the moment and obviously very nervous.

what would have happened if he dove it in or tried another receiver and they scored? would that have been a big deal?

he could have thrown to lynch pretty easily and scored. and yeah, this was the championship game.

A great play call ruined by a garbage Wilson pass that lead his receiver far too much.

Pause webm at 0:09. Throwing behind him is either a completion for a TD from momentum or an incomplete pass. Or he could throw to the one single spot the corner can get it.

LMfao. Wilson is garbage.

wow the championship game and this lost it? the play in the webm?

That's wrong though. The entire play was designed to only have 1 option. The other receivers not named Lockette were not ever meant to catch the ball. Scrambling also was not an option.

It was a pick play where one of the receivers gets in picks up both defenders on one side leaving the intended receiver open. Malcolm Butler didn't fall for it though.

Honestly if Russel threw it lower and on target the worst case would be an incompletion. Instead he lead Lockette too far and put the ball in harm's way. It also didn't help that Lockette fucked up the route angle, even if he caught it he would've been stopped short.

was this a memorable play?

there's always an option. lynch was wide open and wilson had room to dive. it was nerves.

The superb owl is rigged. The players flawlessly executed the script.

What was Sup Forums like when this happen?

No there wasn't. Lynch was open only for the first second then covered so by the time Russel makes all his reads and gets to Lynch there would be nothing there or he would've been sacked by then. There was also no room to run it in himself as clearly all the rush lanes were covered by the dline if you see the webm. Of course none of this matters because again all the other receivers were playing decoy and it was a designed play where Wilson had 2 options: if Lockette was 1 on 1 or open then throw it to him, otherwise throw it away. In the end it was an awful throw that cost then the SB but not who he threw to. This is all pretty much confirmed by the Seahawks team and all the redundant ESPN """analysis""" on the play that happened after the game.

Pretty sure it was a shit play call.

It was 2nd and goal near the end of the game, meaning at that point they could still run 3 quick plays (about 25 seconds left).

Pretty much the only way they turn the ball over is by passing, and that's exactly what they did.

They should have just run the ball 3 times. They were only like the 1 yard line. It's a very high percentage that you can run for 1 yard in 3 plays, and a much lower percentage to turn the ball over than with a passing play.

Should have been down and away so only his receiver had a play on the ball.

Instead he threw it high and lead the receiver, giving the d-back a play on it.

Decent play call, not executed as a short yardage play. He threw it like he was trying to hit him in stride, which was unnecessary.

no he was open for at least two seconds he smoked his defender and russell should have considered him first because throwing into traffic on the goal line is stupid. a veteran would not have thrown to lockette there.

>Pretty much the only way they turn the ball over is by passing, and that's exactly what they did.

>much lower percentage to turn the ball over than with a passing play.

Bullshit.

>Plays from the 1 yard line, year prior to the play (2015)
Pass - 44% TD, 2% TO
Run - 52% TD, 3% TO

>Plays from the 1 yard line, 5 years prior to the play (2011-2015)
Pass - 50% TD, 2.1% TO
Run - 55.1% TD, 2.2% TO

The turnover percentage is pretty much the same. The TD% is higher for the run, but pass-run-run gives you a 90% chance of scoring a TD and only running two plays gives you 80%, and no they wouldn't have time to run three plays.

but you also must consider the specific play they called, picks and fades are the two most predictable goal line passes in the game.

The only reason people say "he shoulda run" is because of hindsight. Betcha if they scored on that play nobody would have complained, fucking stupid.

The Seahawks could have won the game if they handed off to Lynch. Problem with Lynch is, he does not speak to the press. Do you remember the press conference where Lynch answered every question with "I'm just here so I don't get fined."

The men upstairs would not allow Lynch to win and become the face of the NFL. He would have been detrimental to the league.

Didn't they call that play the next season on like 4th down but instead ran it and they got stuffed?

That's the thing. It's not like they know if a play is gonna work 100%, you just run it and hope everyone does their job and the guys on the other side don't.
Sometimes things don't go your way, sometimes a guy that worked at Popeye's destroys your hopes for a dynasty, it happens.

Look how far away Malcom is as Wilson is just getting the ball off.

Wilson's target at this point is wide the fuck open, he just didn't count on Malcolm making literally the biggest play of the century.

Wilson didn't throw it low & in front.

Not a horrible pass, just not a 'Owl winning one. That & Belichick baited Carroll like a master.

They got fucked by Belichick. They thought Belichick was going to call the timeout because if he doesn't and the Seahawks score it's game over, but Belichick saw they weren't ready to run a play so he let the clock run. If he calls the timwout, they would've run 3 times, but now they don't have enough time for 3 run plays and they can't call timeout either because too much time has gone by and they have to pass the ball on 2nd or 3rd down. So they decide to go for a safe pass play that they had prepared for this situation, except the Patriots play it perfectly and Wilson fucks up. He lead the receiver too much, Browner stuffed the pick and Butler makes a great play on the ball. If he throws the ball to the back shoulder we're all making fun of the Patriots for losing another Superbowl.

Clear defensive pass interference that wasn't called because it was part of a quid pro quo between the front office and the patriots that the Refs would call things in their favor if Brady would quietly take his punishment for tampering with equipment.

Brady, being a baby ruined the deal by fighting it and dragging it out which forced the leauge, and the higher courts to prove that Brady himself is a cheater, which taints all 4 of his rings now.

The Patriots cheated because they are jealous of Us 12s

they're moving faster than it looks, tv doesn't do it justice. he led him a little too much but if he threw at his shoulder it would have sailed into the photographers. an incompletion doesn't sound so bad but then everyone in the stadium knows what's coming next.

do you hear yourself right now
everything you said is retarded

It wouldn't have been too big of a deal because the expectations were that the Hawks were going to win just because of their proximity to the end zone.

It was much more surprising and much bigger of a deal that they blew the game with a pick when there victory was almost assumed at this moment.

The banter was off the charts

He needed to throw it low to take Butler out of the play, but in front to let him make a play on the ball.

You're fucking stupid if you don't think scrambling, taking a sack or throwing it away weren't options.

Either everyone became a patriots fan, or all the lurking Patriots fans decided to make their first posts.

this is the correct answer

So glad this thread is here, I've been meaning to make the defining moment of this game into a webm since the game aired. Pic related.

Nah the CB deserve all the credit. He read that play so fucking fast. The ball placement was fine.

Must have felt so good, both of his 2 owl losses were on a count of his defense breaking down like a cheap plastic toy. To finally see them come through for him must have felt pretty gud.

interesting i've had this webm since that night care to explain this discrepancy

Yeah, it was such an amazing moment to watch as well. It's pretty unimaginable to think what they must have been going through on the field.

no fanboy, super bowl 42 loss was on account of the greatest offense of all time only scoring two TDs.

If you watch the Do Your Job Pats 2014 Season recap you'll see footage from practice during SB week. Butler got burned on an almost identical play, only from about the 5. Not only did he get the route Collins, Hightower, and I believe Logan Ryan did as well. The only time the Pats ran that defensive set during the 2014/15 season was that play. Goal Line D with 3 corners. No one preps better than BB and Ernie "Pink Stripes" Adams. I've watched this play probably 500 times and it still gives me goosebumps. Consider how much was on the line during that play. Pats "Old" dynasty vs Sea "new" dynasty. Brady being 4-2 in SBs instead of 3-3 (and 0 for his last 3), BBs D losing yet again on a 2 minute drill w/a retarded catch that shouldn't have happened. In my mind it's the greatest play in football history.

Someone else made the exact same sequence? :)

Brandon Browner also deserves credit. He made sure the pick didn't even come close to working by jamming the receiver immediately. Not to mention Hightowers TD saving tackle the play before, where he bench presses Okung off of him, then made an unreal tackle by throwing his shoulder (with a torn labrum) at Lynchs knees. What a fucking game.

That Giants defensive line was unstoppable by that time. Yet Brady still drove the field & put them ahead late in the 4th quarter.

Ok.

Anyone got a 720p or 1080p stream link to the Broncos game?

I KNOW there's a video of this from the sideline looking behind him, I can't find it

I would argue Joe Montana never faced such a quality defense in whole of his super bowl wins.

It was a pretty busy night with everyone piling into the salty Seahawk 12th manners and what not.

>Be me and my friends about 4 years ago
>10 of us drafting at my house
>9 white kids, 1 inner city black kid (very Uncle Tom ish tho)
>white friend on the clock, taking forever
>someone says just take Lynch dude
>Verbatim he says "I don't want Lynch, he's a fucking nigger"
>room goes silent
>everyone sweating
>no idea what to do
>black friend doesn't say a word the rest of the draft
>leaves without saying good bye to anyone (after draft was thru)
Still have the same people in the league (blackie still in league), and anytime I wanna say nigger I just replace it with Marshawn Lynch.

carrol and goodell wanted that cornball brotha wilson to be the hero and not that troublemaking nig lynch. it blew up in their faces in the most spectacular way

too little too late. they should have had that game won by halftime.

how does paul allen not just kill everyone in that room who are laughing and joking and "aw shucks" about it
that's why the Super Bowl has a lame crowd, it's just a bunch of rick fucks who don't give a shit about who win, they just want to be there because it's a status symbol
Conference Championship games have better atmospheres

lynch wasnt even open. should have thrown it away or better yet audibled to a run

Ah, that sequence is taken from 3 plays before where the Seahawks had just done a silly play. I'll cap the actual play in a sec if no ones got it to hand. It lead the this reaction from Brady.

Maroney was found out by that late in the season.

Smart money was on the Giants.

dont act like you know what youre talking about

How can one man be so GOAT?

Not sure why people keep saying hur dur throw it to Lynch. That's not how football works. The play was designed to go right, if he's not open Wilson would've scrambled and tried to make something happen. Lynch was nothing more than a safety valve. At the time of the throw Lockette looked wide open. Butler just made the play of the century

A great coaching play by belicheck

First, he refused to call a timeout while the hawks were lining up because he bet they wouldn't call a run play. And he was completely right

Then, his players recognized the formation and were able to completely jump the pass

This is why bill is my vote for greatest Coach of all time.

>theres always an option
this aint madden nigga

Aww that'd be great

super bowl 49 is the greatest super bowl ever played

might wanna take a look at the odds again. the pats were styling on their playoff opponents then they came screeching to a halt. C-H-O-K-E

Here it is.
youtube.com/watch?v=XVT07Avfr0Y

exactly this. Butler got beat on that exact play in practice. BB did the same thing to the Ravens in 12 when he cucked Billy Cundiff because he saw the Ravens were in disarray before getting the kick team set up. He barely even got the kick off

can you even read you ignorant fuck? i never said throw it to lynch

This on top of this with a side of this and extra this. No game has ever been more of an emotional roller coaster in history. I mean regular season games rarely come down to the final play on the goal line, let alone the super bowl.

>discussion about the moment I got sent to the shadow realm
C-can I get 1 year late (you)s?

Thank you for this.

Gambling is immoral.

Oh my coming from a fellow gambler that is fucking brutal. Who you taking tonight? I'm thinking Denver and maybe the under, but I'm not feeling too confident in Semian against that Carolina D.

you're blind, he was chillen on 10 acres. left is always right.

Only bet with monopoly money now, using strange sites like ibetnfl now
But I'd take Denver and the under as well, feels like a trap game though ask /bet/

Do they post about anything other than soccer? Whenever I go into a thread I can't figure out what the fuck anyone is talking about. The trap bet is definitely Carolina, 74% of the public is on them and the house always wins

That Giants team was ragging hot & gave the Pats a great game in regular.

i wish i could kill russel wilshit

god i fucking hate him

Its mostly random, sometimes (and most of the time) it is about obscure Indonesian u18 soccer matches. There are a few Canadians and Americans that bet on other stuff like hockey/baseball/college football
And I saw the public favoring Carolina as well, Vegas isn't always right in these situations though
A lot of people picking the under as well for today's game

you dont know shit m8

How is this a reception?

Other times they call an incomplete pass when a receiver juggles the ball even slightly.

why not?

have you ever watched football before today?

im guessing lack of experience combined with an undeserved ego. dunning kruger in full effect

Because he's too busy getting killed by Patrick bateman

Thanks bud I appreciate it.

Yes. I've seen this called pass interference as well.

The officiating in NFL is too inconsistent.

no i mean specifically what don't i know.

incidental contact with both defenders trying for the ball. maybe 1% of the time an undeserved flag will get thrown.
the kearse catch is a clear reception. receiver is in bounds and the ball never touched the ground.
these are both very clear i find it hard to believe you watched football more than a few times

While I agree, I don't see a better way to officiate the game. That Super Bowl was almost perfectly officiated IMO. They let them play, which refs tend to do when the stakes are that high. They're flag happy in the reg season, then let the players play in the playoffs. While I like that they're more lenient in the playoffs, I wish they'd be that way all season. It's just tough to eliminate error with the penalties being on a persons judgement.

Aww man thanks, that's a great shot.

Carrying on the replay of the silly play. For some season this one took a while to encode and then I set the bitrate wrong twice

Butler had as much of a right to make a play on the ball as Lockette did. Butler just put him in his back pocket. In no way was that PI. You could maybe make an argument Edelman pushed off for the GW TD tho.

you specifically dont know that lynch was not a target on that play and that even if he was he was covered

Superbowl XLIX what probably the best officiated playoff game of the last 5 years

so you think i don't know what a pick play is, you're wrong and still blind. a veteran would have seen the corner coming and wouldn't have thrown before the route was complete.

>Sup Forums
>experts

Pick one