Silicon Valley

How could they not explain the platform on the website before hand? Why not a "How It Works" page on the site and app?

> Say that it makes your files smaller so that there barley any megabytes on your files compared before compression

> Files are store everywhere across platforms that you can only access

> More files you process and more files other users process makes getting the files faster on your device

Now they are in shit because of Richard's engineering egotism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6U16XShROI8
youtube.com/watch?v=4e31fzretU0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP you my dude and all but they literally explain why like 8 times in this episode.

It's because everyone that developed it just gets this shit. Like, they don't put instructions on shoelaces because they figure you already know to tie your shoes. Well, the engineers didn't put instructions in pied Piper because they figure you already know how it works.

I feel like shit after watching this ep.I really want them to succeed

me too. this episode was horribly depressing and the ending just sets it all up for complete disaster.

I'm still suspicious of cloud storage, so it works for me as being a realistic situation.

Yeah.Richard is fucking autistic but I like him and I like other guys too and seeing that ending rly hit me hard.
I hope that they make it somehow

Drag and drop, wtf Pied Piper>!>!>!!>1?!

Just wait until Bernice becomes a Pied Piper advocate and saves the company. You just fucking KNOW it's going to happen.

>I hope that they make it somehow
Then you're watching the wrong show.

Can they sue Huli for THE BOX

N-nooo!!

Ending was such a fucking nut punch.

Got genuinely psyched for the team when the numbers picked up, figured it was gonna poke fun of casual's for actually liking the talking Pipe, but that Jared reveal just brought me down to my knee's.

He's doing what he thinks is best for Richard and the company but damn, still hurt.

Imagine the season finale.

This is not going to end well for us for a year

Why are you guys worried about this? You don't seriously think they're going to end the series with Pied Piper failing right? You can't be that fucking stupid. In the finale Pied Piper will come out on top, and the series will end on a high note.

Is season 4 confirmed?

Not the end of the series
Before the first ep of this season even aired.

And when in new season starting?

same time all the other sunday stuff it airs with starts up again next year.

>next year

O shit :(

Unless it's number go down and they air it on a different night.

But either way, The show is one of those series that has the fortune of being renewed before the new seasons even hit the air, so at least it's guaranteed another 10 episodes of laughs, and sucker punchs.

>Pipey, the Pied Piper piper

>"and it's only six clicks away"

No wonder it sucks. Dumb it down to baby level and hide 90% in the advanced options tab, make it 1 click ready with autochecking the best possible settings for the regular user. I mean the interface looks solid, just tweak it a bit.

You can fly in an airplane as passanger without knowing how to operate the damn thing, because that's the pilot's job.

>More files you process and more files other users process makes getting the files faster on your device
blockchain
Bitcoin 5.0

Is the Mexican going to freak out about his virginity and buy a gun?

Why can they into criticism ?

Shit, costumer feedback is supposed to be jared's job.
The CEO fucked them royally by not listening to the paki or his soon to be GF.

This is what I was thinking. Isn't that what every application does? Hide all the useful shit and make a one-click button for all the retards? Though it seems most people have an issue with the lack of memory usage too

The VC company is pretty shit, they should have people on top of this sort of thing. PP does the building, VC does the bringing to market stuff that engineers don't know about.

>Jian Yang isn't in the episode

I don't see why they don't just put a tutorial vid on the site

not if the box is a shit product, which is likely gonna be the case. Even pied piper's box was supposed to be genius

Just add a download button you stupid fucks.

>It's an Urlich does nothing so prepare for misery episode

Okay, this right here is driving me fucking insane. It's literally the simpleist fix. Everything you see here, JUST PUT A BUTTON ON THE WEBSITE THAT SAYS "ADVANCES OPTIONS" AND MAKE A FUCKING USER FRIENDLY STANDARD DEFAULT SETTINGS POINT AND CLICK COMPRESSION TOOL.

IT WOULD TAKE A FEW HOURS AND EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE

well considering it what Jack wanted to make millions off of even if its shit its still worth it. And it was developed by Pied Piper. They might have intellectual property over it OR they can roll out their own box that they already have that uses their platform doing two things. 1) Crush Hoolis product. 2) Heavily increase the number of users on platform.

Literally this, have a big button that says "compress" with standard settings, then one that says "advanced options" for the geeks who know what they're doing.

But I guess the issue with Richard is that the neural network thing won't optimize and improve itself it everyone keeps using a default preset?

Richard is just a pretentious dick who thinks dumbing things down will compromise his vision.

CONSIDER THE BLOBFISH

That fucking Gavin and his animals

I wonder what Gavin is going to do to the board members.

Not necessarily; turking users isn't only done by failed or failing apps.

I was sad watching this, hope for a nice ending next week

What's the box ?
Just some external hard drive that isn't connected to anything ?

And why didn't they hire somebody to do all the promotion ? Doesn't Richard realize that he's too autistic for that ? I mean he did the whole electron analogy on live tv even though it clearly didn't work with the focus group.

it will be like every season, everything turns out great again for pied piper and in the last 30 seconds some cliffhanger bullshit happens

>ADVANCES OPTIONS
Pajeet, please

I don't know, maybe it ends really bad this season and everything is fine first episode next season

>DUDE PEOPLE ARE STUPID LMAO
Bullshit. If anyone created miraculous program that allows you to store infinite data IRL nobody except few paranoids would give a fuck how it works. This show is really running out of "how do we ruin Richard's day" ideas

Pied Piper was originally a revolutionary compression algorithm. Simple, right?

Now they had to make it complicated as fuck just to have the company hit another roadblock. Piss poor writing. What is Pied Piper even supposed to be now? Some weird peer-to-peer storage solution. What does that have to do with compression?

Just let them be successful already.

reminder that Jared has now committed fraud, thus opening up him going to prison in later seasons

Sweet, I didn't know this show was back on the air and now I have 9 whole episodes to watch.

I love it when this happens.

Remember when they had a super successful 4K livestream using their compression? What ever happened to that? Making it a glorified dropbox is so boring to the consumer, and they could be making so much more bank with streaming and Dinesh's Skype

Link to the live thread?

I lost it when they started playing GSYBE

The problem is that a compression algorithm is something that would be integrated as a feature of the OS. The user doesn't need to interact with it directly because why would they? It's something that makes your files take up less space on your device.

But there's no drama in that, so they had to turn it into an end-user oriented "platform" which makes little sense.

>that CGI elephant

Actually groaned at how bad it looked.

I'M THE PIED PIIIIPER, FOLLOW MEEEEE

do you think Richard is going to sell out Jared in the finale? The preview made it seem like he did some cold shit.

this

link pls

>Well, his name is Pipey the Pied Piper piper

It's obvious by now that the show is all about coming up with weird hurdles for the protagonists to jump over. They pretty much stopped making sense a long time ago. It's still an enjoyable show if you can look past that. What would happen IRL is that every major tech company would be paying to use their algorithm for a long time now, normies would have no clue other than having to learn to say "pied piper file" or whatever instead of "zip" and there would be no "app" in the making (except maybe for livestreaming or such) and the crew would be making billions.

It's like traditional cloud storage but faster. Your files are compressed, encrypted, and distributed across all Pied Piper users so that you can quickly access them anytime.

Was that so hard? I mean the interface is still a clusterfuck, but at least users would get the point.

I can't find it in the archives lads

they didn't hire promotion people because they had 600,00 dollars left. He went to the firm that did his Tables advirtisement, and with the money he had left they made him Pipey.

The black guy and Action Jack violated NDAs right? Please tell me Jared had them both sign NDAs.

This is a truly well written show. Mike Judge outdid himself this time.

hunt them for sport

they had more than 600K left not 600 m8

>start new episode
>gathering storm by gybe is playing

holy fuck mike judge i love you so much

Life is suffering

youtube.com/watch?v=6U16XShROI8

my sides

What really hurt me is that Richard had totally given up. It's just been a brutal onslaught of crisis after crisis and this was the one that broke the camel's back.

What really killed me was Jared being the unyielding optimist of the show. He had to walk the left hand path to save PP. Fuck, Jared. ;_;

It's called AUTISM.

Kek didn't realise it was a reference. This kind of shit might have flied in 2012 tho

this show is so fucking good

>people think this is a facebook reference

more like a shitty marketing referenc

How the fuck is it NOT poking fun at the Facebook ad? while at the same time making fun of shitting marketing

>Chairs are used by people to sit on
>Tables are used by people to sit at

>That's why chairs are like facebook
>That's why tables are like Pied Piper

Go back to your umpteenth GoT thread.

The CGI elephant was shit.

kek it was terrible

but i love how gavin tricked the board into hearing another one of his animal metaphors

stop treating a comedy show like a drama

Didn't even realize it was CGI. Why can't they afford an elephant?

I love how he oscillates from being a conniving sociopath to a total sperglord. Literally REEEEEEEEE the character

"no"

>richard explaining pied piper

It's retarded. The issue isn't that "people don't understand how it works", it's that the UI is fucking terrible and created for tech-individuals.

How the show missed this is completely beyond me. Your normalfag retard won't stop using a program just because "he/she doesn't understand how it works".

Idk. Richard said on Conan that the horse fucking scene was also CGI.

can`t wait to see how he will take revenge on gentelmen and lady of Hooli board

Really? Didn't he just mean that he and Jack were standing in front of a green screen? The horses couldn't have been CGI, could they have?

>"now, if you'll just imagine jerking off two dudes at the same time..."

The guy you are talking to is retarded.

The horse sex scene was greenscreen, not CG.

I'm not so sure, I can see Richard taking some moderate deal where he makes enough money to pay the guys or maybe he goes into academia or something. Maybe he walks away, maybe he decides that a Silicon Valley tech company is not the only way in the world he can be happy or some shit.

Tho it's more likely that they'll run the series into the ground and end with a montage of Richard throwing money around.

Yeah, green screen. Richard and Jack were CGI onto the scene with the horses fucking.

I think they ended up with jerking 4 dudes with 2 hands simultaneously. Progress, bitch

pls kill yourself retard

Preview
youtube.com/watch?v=4e31fzretU0
who`s the guy who called Richard prick

Thank you

Jared is such a god damn bro, I really don't want him to get fired when what he did inevitably gets out :(

Yeah, but as the show has repeatedly shown us, Richard doesn't know how to run a fucking company. He's an engineer surrounded by engineers, Barker was a better businessman, and would have made everybody rich. If Richard wanted to "change the world", he could have written an RFC on his algorithm and gone into research, but he wants to be rich.

that's the Hooli/Endframe guy who made fun of him in the first episode, who's always been a recurring character.

Yeah, I put shit in a zip file if I need to, I don't know how compression works. I don't need to know how AI works to upload a file.

After the show I'm honestly not sure if it's a UI or usability thing or they are trying to do this weird "we are so ahead of our time that our magical skynet app boggles the mind so much people hate it". It should be the former, but it seems like the latter, and that doesn't really make much sense

wow rude

>it's a feet episode