New album never

new album never

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/70927-lcd-soundsystem-still-working-on-new-album-itll-be-done-soon/
vanityfair.com/news/2008/01/suicides200801
bermanexposed.org/
youtu.be/QUpE0ljmWg0
youtu.be/RNwAE4grxp4
trulia.com/homes/New_York/New_York/sold/21638815-225-W-13th-St-New-York-NY-10011
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yea wtf happened with that he had that whole post about it and shit

Damn Steve Bannon isn't looking too good these days

How fucking old is he? Is he living in Siberia or what?

Does anyone know why DFA Records was being run out of a $16 million dollar townhouse in Greenwich Village?

Super shady.

What was up with that?

Eh, he released This is Happening, he can do what he wants, or doesn't want to, forever and I'm sanguine about it.

that neck beard is some next level shit

He owns a wine bar in my neighborhood.

Something off about the dude.

lmao i came here to make the same joke

Well so long as he's not serial killer/rapist "off" I'm still not arsed.

you mean about trying to make a living?

He's running a restaurant, what's shady about that?

The fact that he came seemingly out of nowhere, shot right to the top of the industry, was running a supposely independent record label out of a $16 million house, then disappeared as quickly as he came and got out of the industry entirely.

Sorry dude, but that's a little strange.

How?

How is that strange? Don't be daft user.

came out of nowhere?

He was a producer working with DFA and had a surprise hit with "losing my edge", which was a joke song. After that, he decided to give music a shot and it worked out because he was doing something in electronic music that NO ONE else was doing. At this point, he's in his 30's, mingling with p4k darlings who are much younger. I don't know bout you, but I wouldn't want to be around those fools who are just living up the drug dream, so the guy invests in a coffee shop, and wine bar. Seems like an adult move.

The $16 million housing situation, well if you owned a house before the up in pricing, it isn't youre fault that it went up, but a societal demand to live in a desired area. Let's also remember that the guy is a recluse who does not enjoy the public limelight.

Dubs of trooof

>The $16 million housing situation, well if you owned a house before the up in pricing, it isn't youre fault that it went up, b
naw dude. I've lived in the city a long time. That house was millions of dollars even 20 years ago. Less than .01% of the population could afford such a ting, then or now.

Little about the James Murphy story makes sense.

And 'recluses' don't start bands/restaurants etc. They're, you know, reclusive.

Something is definitely off.

What do you suspect?

>naw dude. I've lived in the city a long time. That house was millions of dollars even 20 years ago. Less than .01% of the population could afford such a ting, then or now.
Yeah, whose house was it even? Very strange.

Maybe a worthwhile investigation for you user.

Would be interesting to see if the guy has a dark past, but I'm going to assume Murphy is a pretty normal dude trying to make it by while living as an indie super star.

Name ONE genius that aint crazy

Don't know. I know for sure that there was someone VERY wealthy behind DFA Records. Something is very strange about the whole thing. And I know several artists who were on the label personally.

j-just...

No one's questioning his mental state.

remember that murphy was a pitchbork puppet. Probably had something to do with his connections. He may not be a bad dude, but the ppl he's w/ are probs

I kind of believe that were powers that helped him become successful.

There are credible people who have suggested that indie rock was purposefully co-opted.

>Don't know. I know for sure that there was someone VERY wealthy behind DFA Records. Something is very strange about the whole thing. And I know several artists who were on the label personally.

DFA is a front for the illoominaty.

well.....

literally who???????

James Murphy conspiracy? I dig this thread

>Goldsworthy

well well well

>And 'recluses' don't start bands/restaurants etc. They're, you know, reclusive.
I'm reclusive and I haven't left my room for years unless I'm dragged out by the few people left who still care about me. But I've managed to alienate them as well so I've mostly been a shut-in other than going to work. That being said I have been slowly building a one man band using a looper a drum machine and a synthesizer and i'm just about to start playing gigs. It happens. People change.

I've done a lot of thinking in these lonely years.

Wow....didn't know that. (((Goldsworthy))).....the plot thickens.

>There are credible people who have suggested that indie rock was purposefully co-opted.
*cough*David Berman*cough*

James murphy seems like the kid me and my friends would make fun of in school for being a chubby faggot in chorus but I like his music anyway

Outside of his involvement with Mo Wax/Unkle, does anyone know anything about the background of Tim Goldsworthy?

Why is Murphy suing DFA for 93k, while the label is operating out of a $16mil house?

Something is definitely off.

Hardly seems worth the lawyer fees.

>Jonathan Galkin shudders as he recalls his first impression of the room we’re sitting in.

>“It was, like, not romantic,” the DFA Records co-founder recalls dryly, nodding toward the four corners of this small but sunny loft in Greenwich Village. “Literally, there was a bottle of whiskey there, a big table against that wall, an air mattress and a stereo.”

>Such was the way James Murphy, future LCD Soundsystem frontman and Brooklyn hipster deity, lived in 2001, the year Galkin befriended him and they launched a scrappy indie label in the space. Today, it still serves as DFA headquarters,

The bohemian 'loft' (pic related)

James Murphy, known as the guy behind LCD Soundsystem. Done some pretty good stuff tbqh you should check him out.

>New York's the greatest if you get someone to pay the rent.

>Jonathan Galkin is a former child actor who appeared on the Nickelodeon sitcom Hey Dude, where he played Jake Decker, as well as the short-lived preteen show Way Cool.

Take this thread down right now.

We should start a /jamesmurphy/ daily until we get to the bottom of this. Sup Forums this could be our big break

Ok, ""James"" if that's even what your given name is.

>*cough*David Berman*cough*
also 'retired' under strange circumstances.

/jamesmurphy/ official thread LAUNCH

Understanding the hidden threads of new york's hottest indie dj businessman p4k shill

L-L-leave James alone!!!

dan schneider?

sauce?

>what is google?

pitchfork.com/news/70927-lcd-soundsystem-still-working-on-new-album-itll-be-done-soon/
>inb4 p4k

>also 'retired' under strange circumstances.
see also: Fugazi

there was nothing strange about it

Yeah there was. Notice one of the names in this article:

vanityfair.com/news/2008/01/suicides200801

>David Berman
>On the same day, he made another post on the message board revealing that he is the son of lobbyist Richard Berman.[5] The two have been estranged since about 2006, when David demanded that his father halt his work supporting guns, alcohol, union-busting and other industries of the like, or else he would sever their relationship. Richard refused, and the two have not spoken since. In the message board entry, he called his father "evil," a "human molestor," an "exploiter," a "scoundrel," and "a world historical motherfucking son of a bitch."[5] Berman ended his post by saying, "I am the son of a demon come to make good the damage."[5]

very strange choice of words

his father: bermanexposed.org/

Sounds like Berman read all the pamphlets and watched the tapes.

>Ian Svenonius

youtu.be/QUpE0ljmWg0

Listen to the very strange story he tells:

youtu.be/RNwAE4grxp4

I got all confused when he mixed up the dates.

I mean a jet flying in and a polygraph over stolen 'popcorn'?

Also notice 'eyes without a face' was playing before they came out.

>CIA
>IMF
>Monsanto

etc.

>I mean a jet flying in and a polygraph over stolen 'popcorn'
Christ. I've been quoting LCD Soundsystem. I don't care about your mental conspiracy theories.

>nothing to see here. Conspiracy. Tin foil. That's the ticket.

what the fuck is this thread?

He was a rich Jewish kid in New York with all the connections he could have wanted. He was almost a writer for Seinfeld through nothing but nepotism. It's not some conspiracy.

james murphy is suspicious as fuck

Bullshit. He's from NJ.

Literally how

Conspiracy theories are usually made by connecting points of evidence with wild theories, but there aren't any "points of evidence" to this one

read the fucking thread lazy cuck

not sure if

>reading comprehension

or you don't know anything about New Jersey

Shit. Thought he was born in New York. He just went to college there. The rest stands.

Um there are quite a few. Including some blatant mistruths.

And a still as yet to be explained multi-million dollar townhouse.

Anyone even vaguely familiar with the finances of an indie record label knows there has to be more to this story.

Who is this man, can someone give me a quick rundown?

I live in NYC shill.

Princeton, NJ and a public highschool don't equal townhouse in the village.

>don't equal townhouse in the village.
Did anyone say that? OP only said:

>a rich Jewish kid in New York

He went to NYU.

I'm inclined to believe this as well.

I don't think Murphy is necessary a bad guy, but there is definitely something fishy behind the story of DFA Records.

>And a still as yet to be explained multi-million dollar townhouse.

that they LIED about:

I like how Sup Forums has gotten it's claws so far into this board that we're making conspiracy theories about random musicians now.

I love New York. But in this situation it's bringing me down.

Why don't you address the legit questions instead of crying 'conspiracy theory'?

James is a strange man

Retires from LCD, makes it a big deal with that show, becomes a producer for people like Arcade Fire, opens up a wine bar, then says lol bands back together sorry about that emotional concert that means nothing now, btw we're going on tour.

Arcade Fire....who were in the (((Tidal))) promos.

>legit questions
you mean half-baked accusations extrapolated from minimal evidence? yeah, no

Again, do you have an explanation of why they were operating out of a space know indie record label could possibly afford?

Why did they lie about it?

The Silver Jews stuff is even shadier.

Anyone can give me a quick rundown on this guy?

Too lazy to read the thread

fucking read

He's a weird guy who sang for a Dance-Punk band

Why the fuck did he turn down producing Blackstar

I mean, at least he got to play a bit of percussion, but god fucking damn what a missed opportunity for himself and his greatest hero's final album

Sure. DFA records were rich kids with rich dad's who started an indie record label. James Murphy made a fun song that got popular, then went on to make a few legitimately great albums. Then he decided he wasn't going to make music anymore, so invested money he made from that into a bar and a cafe. Now he wants to make music again. Anything else?

>tfw paranoid ppl are saying something's "off" when ur just a rich guy with lots of money being a dj for new york's most exclusive places and making lots of bucks plus having connections everywhere

do you think james murphy is happy?

I don't think happy people write songs like All My Friends and Someone Great

TO TELL THE TRUTH I SAW IT COMING
THE WAY, YOU WERE BREATHING
BUT NOTHING CAN PREPARE YOU FOR IT
THE VOICE, ON THE OTHER, END

You're out of your fucking mind.

The house sold in 1994 for $.5.325 mil. And then wasn't sold again until last month, when it sold for $14mil.

trulia.com/homes/New_York/New_York/sold/21638815-225-W-13th-St-New-York-NY-10011

Who owned the house for the last 23 years?

Doubt it was Murphy.

And he opened the bar before he sold the house. It would have been a huge profit, and he's talking about the bar having 'tight margins'?

Makes no sense.

It's mainly because that stupid subway shit he was doing failed

>>tfw paranoid ppl are saying something's "off" when ur just a rich guy with lots of money being a dj for new york's most exclusive places and making lots of bucks plus having connections everywhere
In 1994?

Yeah, no.

>A deep dive on the property's public records shows no affiliation to the record label, but does turn back the name of H. Keith H. Brodie, a President Emeritus of Duke University whose name first appears on a deed for the townhouse in 1995.

hmmm....not for nothing, but Mac McCaughan's dad is also a high up at Duke.