Future - s/t

Future - s/t
>320 kbps
>trap rap, lush & hard trap beats from 808 mafia, metro and friends

mega.nz/#F!0UoSDQjb!KuHNTN0vPN0ipqPWod-6Qg

The zippy links got taken down so here's a mega.

I'm fucking with it. Beats are still nutty and he rides them well enough. These producers' consistency is pretty impressive imo.

Favorite beats? Mask Off was immediately one of my favorites as well as Zoom, Draco, Super Trapper, Massage in My Room, and Poppin' Tags desu.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xajDlHksQpc
youtube.com/watch?v=KL_Bbyi3ub8
youtube.com/watch?v=zOKDuKbjhu0
youtube.com/watch?v=ebY89aH6nxA
youtube.com/watch?v=BFePuc-CkZY
youtube.com/watch?v=XzMbELd2bL8
impossiblenothing.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=TJiomBC_Yv0
youtube.com/watch?v=88DQJM_VngU
youtube.com/watch?v=4scK8Kpj1vI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

big if true

I don't think I'll be playing anything else all month. I didn't know how much I missed this Future. The only song I'm not really feeling is Flip.

But that beat on Draco. Fucking hell.

forgot to add this in OP, but does anyone have the true production credits yet? I haven't been able to find them yet and while I know metro and 808 had their hands in it i'm interested in knowing specifics. I'm not sure how much zaytoven was involved, for example.

>But that beat on Draco. Fucking hell.
dubs confirm.

Off my immediate listens I think I may be liking this release more than DS2 and Purple Reign. I think this may be the Future release that I consistently enjoy the most tracks unless I'm just
[spoiler]
blinded by the hype
[/spoiler]

>listening to meme-rap
>2017

>2017
>not realizing trap rap has some of the best production not just in hip-hop, but in all of contemporary electronic music.
I'll stop listening once someone gives some music that has the same rhythmic and percussion complexity. it's so noisy it ends up being a very textured sound if you enjoy texture in music trap isn't that far fetch.

ill wait for pitchfork to decide if i like this or not

Already another thread. But yea longstory short, like 4 good songs, rest is intense repetition that could be done by virtually any other artist

Isnt that just Future as an artist tho

not tru btw

Future aint a meme hes actually one of the most consistent rap stars

Is Futures best song New Level?

That's an A$AP Ferg song.

Is New Level Future's best feature

Not his song, but his best song is Serve the Base.

>some of the best production not just in hip-hop, but in all of contemporary electronic music.

you can't be fucking serious

if I met someone in real life and they said this I would walk away and never talk to them again

find me some electronic textured music that is percussion oriented like trap

post percussion performances in electronic music that rival that of traps

Electronic music has been ripping off Trap for years.

other way around

it's both imo. Electronic Music and Trap have been flirting with each other for a minute. Also, the pop influence in Trap has actually opened more doors for these producers than I would have expected. The drums are the most crucial but once they have that down, they can cut up on the beat without losing it's appeal

Nothing will ever top Stick Talk

anyone?

youtube.com/watch?v=xajDlHksQpc

see, everyone ends up rec'ing IDM, breakcore and the like and yeah I'll admit that those styles will almost always beat trap in rhythmic complexity, however, I find the production techniques used in trap for their 808s make it so that they hit harder/are more full than a lot of the drums in the breakcore/IDM, etc realms. But that's actually one of the reasons I enjoy styles like that as much as I do because of the subtleties in their drums (not to imply there isn't some that bangs) but, imo, those styles are better explored when embracing the style of aphex's ambient works. the aggressive, heavy hitting drums of trap are often offset by the minimalist and atmospheric synth melodies found floating in the atmosphere of the beat.

Having said all that, I've very fond of Xanopticon and can see where you're coming from but, to me, it doesn't offer the sound exploration that trap does and I'm fine with that because what is offered through those styles is still of interest to me

youtube.com/watch?v=KL_Bbyi3ub8

youtube.com/watch?v=zOKDuKbjhu0

youtube.com/watch?v=ebY89aH6nxA

>having repetitive triplet fills instead of repetitive 1,2,1,2 with pretty straightforward rap flows somehow entails crazy rhythmic and percussive complexity.
Lmao.

youtube.com/watch?v=BFePuc-CkZY

see, I love stuff like this. I enjoy a lot of techno, especially minimalist techno, and house, especially outsider and deep, etc etc. this actually rivals trap in the sense that techno is so heavily beat driven and the bass is demanding, but even then i find percussion performances like that more minimalist than those offered thru trap

>crazy rhythmic and percussive complexity.
not crazy, but not basic and it's actually a perfect in between when considering that all their drums hit louder

you're a fucking retard dude lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=XzMbELd2bL8

within hip-hop it's the most rhythmically complex style and even when compared to complex rhythms of IDM/Breakcore etc etc still taps into something those styles do not. which is, ya know, easily understood since they're not the same but trap is fleshing out a sound that a lot of electronic music can't

I enjoy this, but trap still hits way harder than this. have you listened to any juke/footwork?

yes and it's weak shit compared to old breakbeat hardcore just as trap is weak shit compared to old boom-bap styled beats

I love that album. aphex twin actually had a couple tracks from that album in his setlist when i saw him at day for day for night last year. but yeah see UK bass rivals what trap offers moreso than techno/IDM etc. juke and footwork also tap into a sound that rival the sound in trap production

Trap isnt usually that complex, its really well mixed (producer depends i guess) and makes great use of panning and minimal elements to "hit harder". If anything its the simplicity that makes it notable. Not trying to shit on it either but any kid off of a hs drumline could make ten hit trap beats a day if they had a decent sense of melody too

But their beat accents are too predictable. It's not like the track I posted with its constant changes in rappers/flows along with change in percussion sounds/dynamics. It's not like hip hop in general which for such music has brought out much louder and visceral performances (Waka Flocka Flame). It's not like metal which changes up the drum rhythms and riffs. Like idk man, I don't find anything in particular that it does right. Some tracks I have heard from Future are decent for a more laid back sound if I am toking with my friends, but that's it, and even then I personally like putting on A$AP more often for that.

>within hip-hop it's the most rhythmically complex style
Wrong. That's practically impossible with how straightforward Future's flow is. Keep in mind that in hip hop, the percussion isn't the only percussive thing offering to the rhythm, sometimes the harmonic arrangement and always a rapper's flow is offering to it as well. Compare this shit to like Run The Jewels where El-P has a lot of beats where the hits aren't always on the same exact downbeats, and how complex his and Mike's flows are, you get something with far more complexity than Future. Even something like say...King Kunta by Kendrick, where the main percussion section plays a simple beat, is far more complex than this trappy stuff just from the sheer variety in rhythms Kendrick's flows offer.

Then, if you enter the world of Grime like that track I posted, it's got both electronic music tier rhythmic complexity plus a variety of hard hitting flows that easily allow for a hard hitting yet more rhythmically complex sound.

well, one of the points of this new wave of trap is that it's not TRYING be the hardest hitting as it once may have tried have you heard of alex tumay? he's one of the mixing engineers that work with a ton of these Atalanta rappers and producers and his mixing techniques have made the beats 'quieter' leaving room for the more mellow areas that trap production can also offer. so ye it makes sense that it doesn't hit as hard as boom-bap may have
u got a boom-bap beat off the top your head you're thinking of?

hey guys.

music is subjective.

How can anyone claim trap is anything but garbage when wonky hip-hop, with it's wider range of sounds and actual rhythmic complexity, exists?

>thinking drums = percussion

3/4 of electronic music is basically just percussive beats

>It's not like hip hop in general which for such music has brought out much louder and visceral performances (Waka Flocka Flame).
ye exactly it doesn't only embrace sheer aggression now which leaves more room to work with where it's able to delve into r&b beats at times well as other mellow/slow tempos in general.

And while I am enjoying this future release, he may be one of my least favorite in the scene because he does have one dimensional vocal deliveries and much more basic flow compared to others. And I haven't been able to enjoy A$AP since Live Live ASAP i don't think he'll ever be to top that it's just a classic for me.

>Then, if you enter the world of Grime like that track I posted
nah I definitely agree I've got a lot of friends just now getting into Grime because of the way trap blew up. Grime probably comes the closest to trap in production albeit their beats are usually more industrial sounding though while some trap has as grimy/lofi feel but this usually doesn't turn into an industrial-esque sound. I agree though industrial hip-hop is crucial run the jewels kill it but they take influence from trap nowadays imo.

>How can anyone claim trap is anything but garbage when wonky hip-hop, with it's wider range of sounds and actual rhythmic complexity, exists?
I wish that was the case it was interesting at first but became saturated and stagnate so fast in my opinion and I think that shows how limited the style actually is.

ofc..still fun to see everyone's own opinions and their lines of reasoning

best future project yet

Incorrect

i agree. i wasn't expecting it desu

>interesting at first but became saturated and stagnate so fast in my opinion and I think that shows how limited the style actually is
Funny because that's just my opinion on trap.

correct*

I really used to enjoy wonky a lot. any recent projects you'd suggest checking out? wonky grew old pretty quick for me i eventually ending up preferring straight up Glitch because a lot of the drums in wonky didn't do it for me anyway

Trap rap is fucking awful. It's just polishing a turd. Get the fuck off this board.

impossiblenothing.bandcamp.com/

stay mad friendo. care to share what you enjoy? I'm looking for a laugh rn

youtube.com/watch?v=TJiomBC_Yv0

People also like to forget that trap does all it does without sacrificing its pop sensibilities

ye exactly it doesn't only embrace sheer aggression now which leaves more room to work with where it's able to delve into r&b beats at times well as other mellow/slow tempos in general.
That's great in theory, but as of now there's so little talent in the trap field outside a couple producers that none of it gets taken to the next level. Instead such attempts just sound like watered down attempts at Drake/Weeknd/Cudi/808s Kanye but with triplet hi hats. There's nothing even wrong with the sparse beat style of trap or the mumbling or the autotune, it's just that it's such a monotonous take on those kind of things.

>but they take influence from trap nowadays imo
El-P has had cymbal driven beats long before RTJ or trap in its modern form though.

nice dubs. this isn't bad. do you listen to any free improv or EAI?

>poser core
nah

>El-P has had cymbal driven beats long before RTJ or trap in its modern form though
nah I agree but that doesn't mean the newer projects of El-P haven't taken influence from the contemporary trap sound I was able to draw parallels between the two on RTJ3 desu

No? Really? It's almost like it's a trendy pop genre made up of watered down elements of various aspects of music!

you don't like noise rock or heavier psych stuff? a lot of free improv, especially from japan, ends up being noisy stuff often times with psychedelic grooves imo

it's some of the best pop music in a while and it's still very young. will be unfolding for a while

ITT

>if you like hiphop at all it means you must be from reddit
Wewlad.

>the rabid trapfag is also a rabid avant-teen poseur
Sad!

>having that image saved
>calling anyone else a nu-male
pick one

what trip fag?

ayyy
idk the techno/house scene is so massive, there's literally hundreds of tracks that come out a month that fit the bill of bass demanding and more complex percussively (and i really am not exaggerating there)

example from this year:
youtube.com/watch?v=88DQJM_VngU

It's been unfolding for 13 years now.

yep? Idk who would argue that there isn't a new wave right now though

maybe if you're 16 and watching Migos hit number 1 was exciting for you

Migos one of the worst right now imo. Are you well versed?

More like the same shit with different dudes

sounds like what a wave is

That's certainly not a new wave though. A truly new wave will happen when actually talented people decide to make trap instead of talentless south guys who can't match up to the high standard of the more skilled stuff from there, bourgeoisie black trust fund kiddies who went to private school, or depressed SoundCloud whiteboys.

do traps like trap

yes

i liked trap when zomby was making parodies of metro boomin
youtube.com/watch?v=4scK8Kpj1vI

projecting: the image

prove me wrong then :)

wow what a hilarious parody

good thing nobody asked when an idiot would start liking trap

>teehee

best trap beat desu

ah so you're saying there's a wave of talentless south guys who can't match up to the high standard of the more skilled stuff from there, bourgeoisie black trust fund kiddies who went to private school, or depressed SoundCloud whiteboys.

>the high standard of the more skilled stuff from there, bourgeoisie black trust fund kiddies who went to private school, or depressed SoundCloud whiteboys

is this b8 or not?

>is this b8 or not?
idk ask the dude I quoted

>he doesn't know zomby
wew lad

w-what

do you have 0 skill in reading comprehension? It's fucking retarded to describe this song as a parody of metro boomin. Theres no real comparison to metro's style of trap either.

bad album art
still excited to hear it when it drops officially

I was just listening to this album, it did give me a lot of trap vibes
didn't know zomby could make such bangers

if you knew who zomby was you would know that wasn't a "parody" of metro boomin and that some user was just posting something dumb

Thats exactly what I'm commenting on you fucking retard! Jesus christ, are you deliberately being a dumb fuck?