Why is this hailed by many as one of the greatest films of all time?

Why is this hailed by many as one of the greatest films of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_uehfL60EA4
youtube.com/watch?v=xtjiVTSs8pc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because redditors think that pretending lynch is good will make them look intelligent and hip.

But it's not even one of the greatest films from David Lynch

Why?

>The film is consistently ranked among the greatest American films of all time by various publications, including Sight & Sound, Time Magazine, Entertainment Weekly and BBC Magazine.[8] In 2008, Blue Velvet was chosen by the American Film Institute as one of the greatest mystery films ever made.

How?

Movie would've been better with Robert Loggia as Frank instead of Dennis Hopper.

youtube.com/watch?v=_uehfL60EA4

HEINEKEN !?!?

DON'T YOU FUCKING LOOK AT ME

BABY WANNA FUCK!!

youtube.com/watch?v=xtjiVTSs8pc

PABST
BLUE
RIBBON

>Ebert gave it 1/4 because he didn't like seeing a naked women on a lawn

Because retards think that pretending to like something they don't understand makes them more intelligent.

It's shit. Like most of Lynch's filmography.

I love that review. The times they disagreed were the best episodes.

Yeah, I wonder. It's usually called that by people who also list David Lynch among the best directors of all time, yet don't even like the best of his work.

What's his best? The Elephant Man?

I'll send you a love letter, straight from my heart, fucker! You know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a fucking gun, fucker! You receive a love letter from me, you're fucked forever! You understand, fuck? I'll send you straight to hell, fucker!

Fire Walk With Me

...damn

aint bad at all

the Straight story

It's probably you who's the retard.
>I don't understand something, therefore nobody does and it's pretentious to think otherwise!
Every time.

Besides, whyever the fuck do you think one needs to "understand" a work of art to appreciate it?

its pretty fappable

You can appreciate it if you want. Doesn't make it any less shit.

Liking Lynch's stuff is a meme. If you don't, you get called a retard by hipsters and artsy faggots- "you probably can't grasp it"- therefore most just pretend to like it and go along with the bandwagon. Anyway, Lynch is an unfocused director, with incoherent writing who prefers breaking immersion and story-cohesion for the sake of being weird and pretending to be deep. It's like people keep forgetting that the surrealist aspects of Twin Peaks were what made it go to shit.

Mulholland drive

Arguably his worst film

>Anyway, Lynch is an unfocused director, with incoherent writing who prefers breaking immersion and story-cohesion for the sake of being weird and pretending to be deep. It's like people keep forgetting that the surrealist aspects of Twin Peaks were what made it go to shit.

This is like the complete opposite of the truth. Twin Peaks went to shit after Lynch left. Blue Velvet isn't necessarily his best, but it certainly isn't bad, and it's better than a lot of other films at the very least. Films aren't puzzles, they're not meant to be "understood". It's not like completing a rubix cube or something.