Who would've won if there was no high ground?

Who would've won if there was no high ground?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_-rP5iqx6T8
youtube.com/watch?v=iVvxqUhxtDM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obi Wan, because even in absense of high ground he can win.
he killed Maul...

From Obi-Wan's point of view, he had the high ground.

You can't compare Anakin from the past to Anakin then.

Anakin was much more powerful and determined, even if it was for the wrong cause. If Obi Wan never took the high ground he would've been overpowered.

Anakin would have destroyed him

>Implying Vader didn't ultimately kill Obi-Wan
Its all about the waiting game m8, even if you lose all your limbs, wife and children along the way. Anakin is a sharp motherfucker, planning in the long term.

youtube.com/watch?v=_-rP5iqx6T8

Darth Maul, the illegitimate apprentice who was never a Sith Lord and expected to have an average connection with the force in the EU. Who gives a shit. The only reason Qui-Gon was killed because it mirrored the themes of A New Hope.

Pay attention to the fight.

Through out it Anakin is pushing Obi-Wan up against a wall, Obi-Wan has an excellent defense too, as he was able to hold off Grievous which in itself is an impressive feat.

Though, Anakin had just become too powerful. As he was even able to out duel Count Dooku which was a very skilled duelist, even considered one of the best of his time.

Though, in terms of experience and paying attention to your surroundings, Obi-Wan takes the cake compared to Anakin. He relied on brute force while Obi-Wan used his head and it payed off.

A 1 on 1 duel? Anakin would most likely win.

>total disregard of the original trilogy
sure

this

I would like to see an alternate timeline of movies on this ending.

Even masters such as Mace Windu acknowledged Kenobi’s prowess with this form; indeed Windu once claimed that Kenobi was not a master of Soresu but the master of Soresu.

That is exactly what happened in the Duel on Mustafar. Kenobi was trying to reason with his old friend. He used the terrain to put himself in a situation where he could negotiate with him, but Vader was too angry to even think about it. All he wanted was to kill him and show him the extent and superiority of his new powers. He threatened Kenobi’s life with his last move, so Obi-Wan chose to use this mistake to disarm him completely:

Perched on a rise above the lava river, Kenobi warned Vader not to attack, but the Sith Lord ignored him, blinded by arrogance and rage. As Vader leapt at Kenobi, blade angled for the kill, he left himself open, allowing Kenobi to execute a vicious Mou kei finishing move, dismembering Vader with one swift strike. Vader’s left arm and both of his legs were severed. Dropping his lightsaber, Vader rolled to the brink of the lava river.

down vote

This Duel is a Direct contrast to Maul and OBI-WAN. Obi was famous for slaying the only known Sith and the move he made would have been the talk of the Saber-Town. Obi briefly turned to the Dark-Side after his Masters Death to Leap over Maul and Slice him (once and only once). When he said "do not Try it" he was referring to Vader to not try my own move on me. Maul did not see it coming but Obi certainly did. Vader was trying that move and was going to slice OBI WAN in half. He knew Obi Wan went to the Dark-Side that one time and thought he could pull it off. Obi-Wan was not goading him he truly meant "do not try my Move". So the Irony is OBI-WANs duel with Maul caused Vader to try something he was to blind to avoid. His destiny.

Anakin was a better swordsman but obi wan had trust in the force which would cause him to win. Just like when he fought general grievous

this is why people hate SW fans..

bla bla bla
it´s fiction faggots, who fucking cares? there is no reason for all of that shit, it´s a movie, get over it.

obi wan, they'd already made all the other movies and it wouldn't make sense if annie won

Obi Wan would've won regardless

Darth Maul was basically a rabid dog assassin raised by palpatine and plagueis from a child.
He was average in "mind-fuckery" force powers, like influence and illusions, but he was a beast at combat (force-speed, force-strength, telekenesis, etc.). He was mostly trained just to be a bad-ass swordsman.

He wasn't meant to actually be an apprentice, he was literally just a killing machine. You're gonna bash him for losing in a 2v1 against fucking Obi Wan and Qui Gon? Please, dude.

I get what you're saying, but Obi Wan would still win. In the end, it's all about experience. Obi Wan got the high ground in the first place because he knew exactly what he was doing. Foresight and anticipation through experience. If there wasn't any high ground, he still would've found another way to win.

I think this stuff is pretty cool.

Because if he'd won, that would be the weirdest ending ever.

Obi won. Hands down.

>Anakin was out of control

Nobody, it was a dance not a fight

down vote

Obi-wan was simply a better Jedi than Skywalker, he was more in-tune with the force. Obi- wan was under rated and if things had gone differently for the Jedi, my guess is that, Obi-wan would have taken over for Yoda as the Jedi Master and Keeper of the Faith.

obi didn't break a sweat

youtube.com/watch?v=iVvxqUhxtDM

ur welcome

It was a 1-on-1 duel. Anakin lost. Having a strong connection to the force (lots of bugs in your blood) doesn't automatically mean you win. His inability to control and efficiently channel his power means he was never going to win. Having a lot of power and little control over it won't trump having slightly less power and complete mastery over it.

Nope!

I like to think he didn't want to hurt him the whole fight, and only maimed him once he was sure Anakin would see the folly of his hardheadness

Interesting analysis.

>obi won would still have won

I think what he's saying is that if they just duelled in an empty room in which Anakin can press Obi Wan against a wall without an out for Obi Wan, Anakin would win by brute force

FUCKING THIS
/thread
was there even a single "fight" in the prequels? all I can recall is memorized choreographs and gay prancing

>Having a strong connection to the force (lots of bugs in your blood)
fuck off

>That is exactly what happened in the Duel on Mustafar. Kenobi was trying to reason with his old friend. He used the terrain to put himself in a situation where he could negotiate with him, but Vader was too angry to even think about it. All he wanted was to kill him and show him the extent and superiority of his new powers. He threatened Kenobi’s life with his last move, so Obi-Wan chose to use this mistake to disarm him completely:

BRAVO!

Damn that's pretty sweet. I need to go back and rewatch

Love it!

yep, pretty sweet and accurate phrasing!
probably the only good moment in the prequels tbh, that and the speech from Obi-Wan that followed

obi always had the high ground. anakin was lost

Exactly - 1v1 fights are quick and brutal, especially when they involve weapons. We aren't talking about boxing or MMA here, it's a battle to the death not a sporting event.

>Having a lot of power and little control over it won't trump having slightly less power and complete mastery over it.

Yes!!

Checked ;)

Agreed

Trump. Trump always wins.

Best response yet, thank you for mentioning that his soresu was the perfect counter to Vader's aggressive fighting style

This is the correct answer.

>there are people itt right now that think obi wan could beat dark side anakin in a straightup fight

Hell of a lot better than the fights in the originals. Any examples of impressive, non-choreographed cinematic combat?

you make sense m8
people bitch on EP7 all around, but the fights were actually very compelling to watch (if we put aside the fact that Rey was waaayyy to good at everything)

Finn

This

Oh yeah Rey went from knowing nothing to master in a second with absolutely no training

Vader would have won as spinning attacks are his power. Obies power comes from high ground attacks. Like Yoda power comes from flips.

If we consider fighting skills, Anakin is literally a copy of Obi-Wan, only more arrogant and agressive, and far less strategic

Obi-Wan won for a reason m8

>trump
Alt-right cancer, opinion discarded.

Get thread?

Agreed on 7. One of my favorite parts was Finn's battle against 'tr-8r'. You can see he is startled by how much his Saber is getting pushed back, which makes sense as he's never used a weightless blade before

George Lucas's wallet

Are you sure? I'm thinking more so for a rematch a blank arena. I think in terms of raw dueling ability, Anakin is superior. But it doesn't mean much in the face of experience.

Though, I do agree with what you're saying. If it were just a raw 1 on 1 duel though to measure skill, Anakin would win. But that'd almost never be the case.

I don't think I really factored in his force attributes.

Obi-Wan and Anakin seemed even in their usage of the force in this fight. Besides trusting it and such I mean.

I meant he was just throwing everything he had at Obi-Wan, and it showed. He was overwhelming his defense throughout, he kept having to kick him back just to gain some distance.

Thanks.

Pretty sure all combats in cinema are choreographed (as in practiced MANY time), but the first thing that comes to my mind is some Jackie Chan flicks.. they felt more like an action-reaction fight than the obvious dances in the prequels. Even the original trilogy had some genuine feeling to it (Luke VS Vader in Ep5 especially)

>obi wan getting his ass handed to him the whole team
>constantly backing up and trying to get away
>anakin chasing him down constantly on the offensive
>obi fights like a total bitch and jumps away
>anakin angrily chases him for being a pussy and obi takes that moment to take advantage

You faggots really think without all that backing up and high ground shit that obi would stand a chance? Did you even see the fight? On solid ground with no obstacles or maneuvering, Anakin would've obliterated him.

In a long strategic battle, Obi obviously wins.

In a short powerful battle, Anakin wins.

In that instance Obi had the high ground, he used his surroundings to get the edge. If he had no real way to gain an edge over dark Anakin, he would've been overpowered.

So the answer to your question is 100% Anakin.

Let's get something straight. Anakin was the one who was foretold to bring balance to the force. Why? Because some Jedi at some point had a dream about him killing Palpatine. When it happened, it wasn't because of his connection to the force or his fighting prowess; it was just because he loved his son enough to throw some old cunt down a hole.

Anakin was not God of The Force. He was a kid with enough natural ability to innately use The Force to pod race. He was taken in and trained to be a solid Jedi Knight, and occasionally had a prophetic dream or two. He fulfilled his destiny by making the right decision at the right place at the right time. He wasn't a force giant amongst normal men, just a Jedi who fell and committed one act last of goodness before he died.

you actually DO realize that ObiWan didnt want to kill Anakin, right? he didnt even want to fight him but had no choice over the evidence of him turning to the dark side. Overall the wanted to reason with him and bring him back to the light, but ultimately failed

Yea, I get what you're saying. I was just answering "high ground" question, as if that same battle would've continued in some other way. I think Obi-Wan would have found another "high-ground" in a different sense.

But, yea, if it was just a raw duel in a flat empty arena, I don't know what would really happen. Obi Wan does have the experience, but blind rage through the dark side usually thrives off of those kinds of situations.

It's fun to think about, though.

WHAT ABOUT HIS MEDICLORIAN LEVEL?

Agreed. Perhaps midichlorian counts don't determine how well you can use the Force as much as how well the Force can use you.

and this makes me wanna go play KotOR

Fuck you and your midi-chlorians. That plot point is utter shit.

Nigga was str8 infested doe

May the force be with you

>getting sarcasm like a boss

ITS OVER 9000!

fucking kekd and checkd

Two points of view:

Anakin is stronger with The Force. He wins.
Obi-Wan is wiser; this means that his understanding of The Force is better. He should be able to see further into the future and use that knowledge to manipulate the outcome. He wins.

Obi-Wan Kenobi wins this one. Sheer talent can't match true wisdom.

Neither, because in the only three actual Star Wars movies, all we know is anakin skywalker was a good jedi and a great pilot. Senor shithead and the cover band he assembled for the prequel reboots has an anakin that is neither of those things, none of the crap that those dumb cartoons show actually happened like that. They are merely a half remembered dream of a drunken twilek, brighter, more vibrant, and more slick and polished and dramatic than it could have ever been.

What happened to Obi Wan's light sabre at the end of New Hope?

>implying the prequels were actual movies

George Lucas.

We all lost in those three pieces of shit and he won every time. and now disney is wining.

I can taste this guy's bitterness from here

good question, for another time

/thread

oh fukken jesus

He brought balance to the Force by joining the Dark Side. Balance means equal parts dark and light. Too many goody two shoes Jedis and not enough Dark bad asses, so when they say he brought Balance to the Force, it doesn't mean he went and joined the Jedi to make them even more powerful. He went and joined the Sith to balance it out.

Fuckin' idiots.

I like this.

Obi wan's a big guy

Hahahah

> sometimes I feel like that too

Three possibilities:

One, Vader picked it up and put it in his personal quarters. It was destroyed with the Death Star.

Two, Vader picked it up and kept it with him so it wouldn't have been destroyed. Unlikely, but dumb shit happens in this series "Jus 'cause."

Three (but two-parter), Vader sent it to the Emporer. So it was either destroyed when the other Death Star exploded, or (more likely since the Emporer didn't have it on him during his confrontation with Luke) it was on Coruscant and was either taken with the Empire when they fled or it was still on Coruscant when it was destroyed.

Revenge.

Fuck man, I never thought of that!!

>hmmm..gotta think on that one

I bet it ends up in Kylo Ren's hands in episode 8!!

Anakin was angry which fed his dark force powers.
General Obi-Wan was the most brilliant tactician the Republican had ever seen.

This battle purely swayed on the field in which it took place. If on an empty Naboo plane, Lord Vader most certainly would have over powered Obi-Wan in his rage. But on Mustafar Anakin was destined to make a mistake and hand the victory to Obi-Wan.

Except the Sith existed for over a thousand generations in hiding. Now, there was an imbalance but Anakin joining the Dark Side didn't bring balance. All other Jedi/Sith dying in a conflagration and Luke bringing his father back using both sides before Anakin's death brought balance. Luke's insistence on being a "Jedi" (I use quotes because he didn't really know what the fuck that meant) tipped the scales again and fucked his universe.

Where was his complete mastery when dooku casually bitchslapped him twice?

>It's fun to think about, though.
Oh for sure. Agree with you entirely.

Try ong bak

Leave politics out of it you shillary fuck

i got it

>it was just because he loved his son enough to throw some old cunt down a hole

Perfect description killed my sides

Yeah, dude was the master of altered perspectives, wasn't he?

There will always be terrain and that terrain will always be uneven. A small imbalance can be an advantage to a more experienced combatant.

Yes, yes, this is a bit of a problem....hmmm