Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0Uc8ETo8Il7
vocaroo.com/i/s1QIhYOjDJs6
vocaroo.com/i/s0kcp4bmAE35
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not bad, man...
keep up the good work.
Practice, practice, practice.

Reminds me of Dream Theater, you are good.

Who is the vocalist?

It is Dream Theater, Pull me Under
James LaBrie

LoL!

I am in a fever state right now, I cannot believe I did not realize I knew that!

Wait, is OP...

No OP is a liar than?

Yeah probably...

That's one of those, like, play along tracks where you put your own guitar on it...
guitaraoke.

Backing tracks, yep

Oh, okay.

You sound pretty damn good Sup Forumsro

Thank you! Here's some guitar with a synth setting
vocaroo.com/i/s0Uc8ETo8Il7
With Pull me Under
vocaroo.com/i/s1QIhYOjDJs6

very good my man

I actually just started back giving guitar lessons, today, after a serious layoff... and the guy I was working with actually wants to learn this song. I haven't tried to play it since it came out... I guess this is a sign that I need to break out the CD.

Luckily the solo is actually pretty easy when you get the pattern down. Those quick runs are the only things

vocaroo.com/i/s0kcp4bmAE35
Here's me playing some GWAR, Let us Slay, with half a solo

He's a LONG way from that kind of descending run... lol but I'll have fun showing him over and over... and over.

Where do you get your play-alongs?

Just YouTube

Mkay.
Thanks mate.
Good playing though
What guitar are you using?

An Ibanez RGIT20FE.
Thing's a monster.
EMG 81 in the bridge, 7 piece neck

At that price range, they are pretty slick guitars, for sure. I'm not a fan of active electronics anymore, though... but it's all good. You're getting a good sound from it.

Yeah, for passive pickups I've got a Michael Kelly hourglass, and I love it. Has coil tapping to boot

You're wasting your talent and time on a unpopular genre that's way out of style.

>Implying I have talent to use anyway

It's good to practice many different genre though.

lol'd
Play what you like, play what you feel and you'll never be unhappy.

Just giving you a r8 m8. Sounds gr8, but you're a little l8 on some of those notes. Officially rating of that vocaroo: 8/10

But what if I'm not happy with anything I play?
I've tried metal, rock, blues, jazz, country, R&B, pop, acoustic, slap, punk, and even surf

Wrong.

>>>/rules/

Music is a relief. A form of self expression.

That's my problem - music just stresses me out nowadays. I can't really write music at all, and doing covers just makes me wish I could write and express something

There's a distinct difference in being "happy" with your playing and being "satisfied," I think.
I'm very often "happy," but never "satisfied" with the things I write/play. I think if I ever became "satisfied," I would quit. I am always working towards something more. Thirty-six years into playing and I've realized I'll never be satisfied, and that's a good thing.

Do you drink a lot?

Not at all, actually. I have some whiskey now and then, but that's just like a few times a year

bump

Sounds good user keep it up keep practicing. Not so much into the progressive metal anymore but you get JP's sound pretty well. Don't stop keep at it

Time for some fusion. Try mixing genres. That's helped me expand my internal voice. Maybe it'll help you. Try some traditional styles from other countries.