ITT: Essential nu-male core

ITT: Essential nu-male core

i;m sure you have something better to do

not even mad tbqh

Out of everything else on there, the fact that a Death album is included absolutely baffles me. Death is the opposite of nu-male core.

Never heard any of these.
Guess I'm not whatever the fuck a nu-male is.

>Protip: I don't care what it means.

Did you just take a metal rec chart and slap "nu male core" onto it

Good one OP. First of all, metal is for children and not for "nu-males". Is "nu-male" the new "hipster"? A word to describe some non-existent demographic? Besides, what does pegging have to do with any of that? There is literally nothing wrong with pegging, it is just a stimulation of the prostate, which is highly pleasurable for men.

>is nu-male the new "hipster"

Yes.

kek, it's just a typical /metal/ bait chart of a bunch of albums enjoyed by dilettantes with some albums widely praised by metal fans sprinkled in

All 100% true

Death is the epitome of nu-male core. Basic bitch riffs that were actually less complicated compared to other OSDM peers yet for some reason called "progressive". Never had a good drummer that had an ear for making parts sound more visceral. Chuck's voice was nowhere near as vicious as his peers' vocal abilities. Death as a result of all these, lacks both the sophistication AND the visceral intensity, thus they are nu-male core. Or at least post-Leprosy Death, maybe a case can be made for them before. Especially TSOP Death though cuz shit, you can at this point hear Chuck's lisp in his vocals. SPIRITHHHHH! CRUUUUTHHHHEEERRR! Lmao.

You still posted. You're that much of an immature attention whore.

t. nu-male

>Never heard any of these.
you're my dude Herbieanon, so I want you to listen to and experience good music. Colors, Exercises in Futility, Panopticon, Filosofem, and In the Nightside Eclipse are essential, listen to them bls

Alright. Which one should I start with?

80s Death was never considered progressive. Only Human and the albums after it were. That being said, they were one of the most technically proficient metal bands to ever exist. Also, what does it matter that they "didn't have a drummer that had an ear for making parts more visceral" when they were clearly going for a more complex sound? The only drawback was Chuck's vocals, which got pretty shit starting with Symbolic.

>all metal should be cheesy buttrock with no experimentation

not the person who gave you the list but out of those i'd suggesting starting with panopticon

>Only Human and the albums after it were
Literally the records I was mainly talking about.

>That being said, they were one of the most technically proficient metal bands to ever exist
Hahahahahahaha are you kidding me? Overt reliance on single note tremolos (early career) and arpeggiating chords/scale shapes (later career) doesn't equate to technical proficiency.

>Also, what does it matter that they "didn't have a drummer that had an ear for making parts more visceral" when they were clearly going for a more complex sound?
Then at that point the technical proficiency is just for show as it's neither being used to deliver a more visceral, chaotic attack as is akin to metal nor is it so complex that there's some kind of crazy jazz-like interplay.

>implying he'll listen to your recs when the dude still hasn't made it through non-Herbie jazz stuff he said he would listen to
Newfags are so gullible.

Aiight it's on. Thanks.

is there anything worse than mealfags

you

Yeah. Indiefags. Indiefags lost the war against the metalfags, and as a result their sore loser is spread all over this board, complaining about new music not being good since its metal/rap/electronic and not their precious 2000s indie garbage.

lel, I meant Panopticon by Isis. Roads to the North might not be the best place to start

not really
most obnoxious group on Sup Forums and at shows

Nah man I'm gonna give it a fair chance, I don't usually listen to metal but I figure I could give it a shot.

I'll be honest I DO hate the vocals but I love the guitar work so far. (6 min into the first track)

You probably don't even know what nu-male means and you are a teenager that uses it to look cool

What is the album that the sticky post picture is referencing? I saw a copy for sale today and I want to check the average price to see if its worth going back and getting.

>getting this upset by obvious bait

t. nu-male pitchfork metaller

Yeah, okay guy. Come back when you have a better argument that doesn't rely solely on buzzwords.

Grimesfags far and above.

>accurate descriptions of how many of the riffs are played
>buzzword
>getting BTFO so hard that he used "buzzword" as a buzzword
Damn, sorry I BTFO you so hard.

Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA, but misinterpret the message completely because the music sounds nationalistic.

didn't see any buzzwords in that post friend

>Slow, Deep, and Hard there
>Literally based around the concept of brutally killing the girl he gets cucked by, which is quite the opposite of enjoying it as they say "nu-males" do
Did you even try?

Okay so I'm about halfway through the second track here.

I'm really really enjoying the instrumentals quite a bit actually (Loved the intro into the second track), but I still hate the vocals.

Posting actual nu-male core to bring this topic back on track:

My Bloody Valentine
Nirvana
Pavement
Neutral Milk Hotel
Interpol
The Strokes
Radiohead
Wilco
Bon Iver
Miike Snow
Beach House
The National
Brand New
Weezer
Modest Mouse
Built To Spill
Say Anything
The Mountain Goats

The list goes on, really, but you get the point

no one fucking cares

>Kendrick Lamar
>Beyonce
>Kamasi Washington
>The Roots

>getting cucked by bitches in the first place
>not nu-male as fuck
The music embodies Peter Steele. Dude looked like this muscular sex god, but on the inside he was a scared, whinny nu-male.

I'll use the same excuse someone else used on me earlier.

You replied. So you clearly do.

Also: H o s t i l e. Sheesh.

I actually like a good chunk of these.

>what nu-male meant when people first began using it:
Desperate men, that orbit around women, often acting effeminate and forcing himself to like whatever the woman likes so that he can have sex and in order to make it easier, that man would often have degenerate yet common fetishes(land whales, BDSM[being the one that is dominated], feet]

>what nu-male means now:
HE LIKES MUSIC I DON'T LIKE NU-MALE, SHIT TASTE LOL XD

>HE LIKES MUSIC I DON'T LIKE NU-MALE, SHIT TASTE LOL XD
Oh so THAT'S what it means.

the first part is true but you seriously can't tell me a certain kind of music listener isn't something of a stereotype if all they listen to is shit like

That's shit tho

>I actually like a good chunk of these.
How's your wife's son?

1. You're listening to Beyonce, not Panopticon, you lying piece of shit.

2. Are you this hungry for attention that you're going to turn a thread that has nothing to do with you into your listenalong thread?

You're the worst fucking cancer to have come here in a long time. Worse than Avant Math. Worse than Hampus. Worse than Aqam.

And unlike the other guy, or maybe like him idk, I am replying not because I care about you, but because I care about this site, and you're shitting it up. Or at least stop being an attention whore here just cuz only one or two people ever drop a like on anything you post on Facebook.

>I actually like a good chunk of these.
I hope The Roots in one of them. if not, listen to Things Fall Apart asap

[spoiler]don't succumb to bullies, based herbie[/spoiler]

>I care about this site

hold this L

herbiefag BTFO

Woman don't like Sup Forumscore, essential nu-male core would be stuff like: 21 Pilots, Melanie Martinez, Twenty One Pilots, Nirvana, music made by trannies, Beyonce, tumblr-core in general, I've honestly never heard of women liking metal bands that aren't Metallica, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden

stop replying to yourself

I like 8 of these and I'm actually gay. Can you guess what they are (yes sunbather is one)?

>Yeah. Indiefags. Indiefags lost the war against the metalfags

wrong.

indiefags lost the war against the hiphopfags, and they just shit on the metalfags too out of absolute saltiness toward everyone now.

1. I posted the wrong screenshot. THat first one was from a thread from yesterday
2. Not like there was gonna be much good discussion in a bait thread.

Also, if you're 'so sick of me', you really would have filtered me by now.

I'm just another annoying Sup Forums user. I'm not ruining anything for you.

see

I know about the roots, don't worry my man.

I've been meaning to listen to their albums front to back again but I've got a lot of different shit to listen to right now.

stop replying to yourself

What should I give a listen to next?

Not gonna bother trying to prove you wrong since you're just gonna say shit like 'you ms painted it' or 'html isn't hard' and not believe me anyway.

leviathan

Portal of I

Fuck off to /metal/ shitposter

Type O, Sunbather, Leviathan, don't listen to liturgy or The Body, they suck

inarguable essentials like Isis - Panopticon, Obscura, In the Nightside Eclipse, and Type O

Ghost Bath, Liturgy, Type O

>Ghost Bath, Liturgy
Don't

this

Neurosis
All Fours
Jane Doe
Jesu

That's literally it.

More like this but instrumental?
Love the instrumentals and the bluegrass bits but I can't stand the 'rough vocals'.

If anyone wanted to listen to any Ghost Bath they might as well just listen to Sunbather again

that style of instrumentation is pretty unique to black metal, atmospheric black metal specifically. One thing that might help you get over the vocals is to treat them as just an instrument, not as vocals specifically

>I don't care about where I invest a lot of my time
Then get the fuck out.

>Not like there was gonna be much good discussion in a bait thread.
Dude, seriously. Discussion=fun. Shitposting (a lot of what happens here) = fun. You and your attention whoring = not fun and annoying as fuck. Go to fucking RYM or r/music or Sputnik if you wanna do that. They have the tools for that.

I did have you filtered. Changed browsers though.

Nothing. Stop putting yourself through this torture, user. We care about you :(

I was referring to older metal vs indie Sup Forums

Nope, we can't let shitty metal be spread here. It's very unbecoming of not only the metal genre, but Sup Forums as well. Garbage metal like the stuff in the chart is the Sup Forums equivalent to Crossfit for /fit/. This doesn't only count for metal. It's also the same for jazz ex. the people who don't listen to much jazz deriding more experienced guys for being "close minded" because they don't care for jazz fusion that doesn't explore or mess around with jazz's ability to improvise all that much.

I am discussing. I've tried talking about one of the albums on the chart and then you say 'nobody cares stop blogposting'.
Also:

>Implying what I do primarily isn't shitposting
Damn. I must not be trying hard enough.

If you've missed the times I've genuinely discussed music that's on you.

But I'm sure that doesn't matter. I'm assuming you're gonna re-filter me after this so goodbye, I guess.

People like you are why everyone makes fun of Autistic metalfags

Spoken like true ANUS and DMU drone

>People make fun of something they don't understand
Spoken like true non-connoisseurs of metal. You guys are to metal what people that push for the $15 minimum wage are to economics. Spouting stupid garbage not understanding the inner workings of something while completely disregarding a more experience, studied, and experimented upon viewpoint.

(And he calls ME pretentious...I mean say whatever you want about me at least I don't shit talk people)

Autism

I genuinely enjoyed this album aside from the vocals. I loved the strings and the bluegrass bits. What sub genre of metal does this count as>
8/10.

People are telling to stop blogposting, not stopping discussion about music. This thread entails music you clearly don't know jack shit about, so fucking leave, listen to the music, then maybe come back after you have listened to maybe five albums off of that chart to even understand what's going on there.

But nope, it's ALWAYS gotta be about YOU, right? Your posts aren't even centered around the album, they are centered around you. Not only do you lack the decency to notice that, but you probably don't care that you're the epitome of the negative stereotype of the Sup Forums tripfag that makes everything about themselves.

You always want to get involved in stuff you have no clue about. You don't listen to jazz music much outside of Herbie if anything at all, yet you claimed to be an expert on Herbie. Yet you'll still try to push yourself into anything jazz. You're still posting in a thread where you haven't heard enough of the music to understand why the music's labeled a certain way ("nu male") yet you keep posting here, pretending like anyone cares about the opinions of one of the individual records on a thread like this.

You're either so autistic that you aren't self aware, or you're just that self-centered (probably because you don't have many friends IRL but people give you all the attention here.)

Goodbye indeed.

?

Not autism, passion.

i would call it atmospheric black metal, however the bluegrass influence is unique to Panopticon. Other than the albums I mentioned earlier you might also want to check out the other albums form Panopticon's "big three" (Kentucky, Roads to the North, and Autumn Eternal)

These albums are completely shit with almost no exceptions, but there's nothing wrong with getting pegged senpai.

It's actually a pretty alpha thing when you think about it, getting a girl go out of her way and experiment without any pleasure on her part.

>Not autism, passion.
Spoken like a true autist.

whats really funny is when you call someone a nu-male on Sup Forums they never deny it

Hmm... apparently the board autofilters "f a m" to senpai.

>implying metal was ever more than 5% good in any given year

You are literally the only person I've met that's gotten THIS upset about it. Most people just filter and move on.

>it's ALWAYS gotta be about YOU, right?
You were the one starting this shit about me in the first place when I was trying to discuss the album but it's MY fault...? Alright...

>Yet you'll still try to push yourself into anything jazz
I stopped doing that a while ago, but alright, whatever floats your boat...

>You're either so autistic that you aren't self aware
I'm both, actually.

Hope your filter works well.

you're the same faggot from the other thread. could you possibly be more insecure? getting fucked in your asshole with a strap-on (or, y'know, an actual cock, because you might as well at that point) is literally nu-maleism summed up in one sexual activity.

Spoken like a true nu male as nu males can't have any real passions.

Well, no shit. This counts for all genres. There's too many damn musicians out there. But the 5% is better than 0.001% for sure.

Because as a general rule Sup Forums-types and their buzzwords can't be reasoned with.

Type O Negative. It's probably the most "real" I've ever felt from a metal album. None of that cheesy Tolkien or nordic fantasy roleplaying shit.

Also listen to Abruptum.

>you're the same faggot from the other thread.

Which thread you referring to m8e? I'm very rarely on Sup Forums anymore, this is like my first visit in a month.

And I'm sorry I'm insecure when I admit there's absolutely nothing wrong with prostate play. And getting a willing female to indulge in your fetishes instead of stewing in your vitriole on Sup Forums is a fairly alpha thing to do.

Damn, the nu males got BTFO pretty HARD in this topic. It's crazy how they just skitter away when the truth hits them this hard.

nope, waiting for real arguments

i haven't been on Sup Forums in months and i checked back here just out of curiosity and this was the first thing i saw
i want to die

Is this how the real "men" of Sup Forums argue in a thread now? They type loudly about how much they are winning in ALL CAPS and go on about a culture war only they care about?

I can smell your body odor through the screen. Which DnD class were you in high-school and what was your excuse when no woman would touch you? SAD.

Just let this thread die, guys. This baity hostile bullshit isn't worth it.

We should go make a happy thread

Nah, the nu-males can't make real arguments, so it's pointless waiting for them.

You can also try getting into some actually good metal. That's always a great, empowering decision!

Yeah, it does appear that the nu males in their denial use straight up all caps like this poster:

How numale is this one?

What metal do you have in mind? Power-chords that remind you of your adolescence before your disappointing adult-hood?

I know it's wrong to tease the developmentally challenged but I can't help myself.

>Yeah, it does appear that the nu males in their denial use straight up all caps like this poster

I'm pretty sure in that case he was being sarcastic. Y'know, making fun of the OP.

>I know it's wrong to tease the developmentally challenged but I can't help myself.
Buddy. I am VERY genuinely asking you to stop bumping this thread. It's not worth it.

Sup Forums needs more positivity, man! We're not gonna get it by keeping this up!