kek

more like 44 minutes of stringy strangy

the stringy strangy is the best part

SAID THE STRAIGHT MAN

TO THE LATE MAN

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEEEEEEN

I'VE BEEN HERE AND

>he actually fell for it

Most of the album has a lot of pointless wank though, not just Moonchild. Prog is such a cancerous genre. It is just as Christgau called it: ersatz shit, as in that it attempts to use some cliches of classical/jazz music in an attempt to be more complex, but doesn't even get close to classical/jazz sophistication nor rock music energy. There's not a damn thing redeeming about prog music. Easily the worst of the so called Sup Forumscore albums, and that's saying something considering goddamn Loveless and Hospice are Sup Forumscore as well.

CONFUSION WILL BE MY EPITAPH

I'VE BEEN THERE AND

If you edit out the last half of moonchild the album gets 2x better

I'VE BEAN INBETWEEN

Actually just delete the fucking thing
*deletes moonchild*

fpbp

Cool opinions. Its still pretty much universally considered to be a good album.

I TALK TO THE WIND

>Its still pretty much universally considered to be a good album
The umbrella that entails modern day mainstream rock criticism, Sup Forums, RYM, Sputnik, and besteveralbums is nowhere as large as you think it is.

People were shitting on it back then. Most people that don't care for prog/or listen to a lot of classical and jazz don't care for prog's inability to capture the subtlety in form. Punks certainly never gave a damn, neither do the usual guys who like Zeppelin or Stones. It's literally nerd music, always has been and will be. But it's not geek music though since it doesn't have the balls to push music in a way classical, jazz, and experimental music do.

its not supposed to be the same level of sophistication as "muh art music" though, its supposed to be fun rock with a twist and honestly its a lot more enjoyable than lots of art and pop music. Youd have to be a miserable cunt to not enjoy the second half of 21st century schizoid man

my words are all carried away

STRINGY STRANGY SUCK MY WANGY

THE WIND CANNOT HEAR

lol k christgau have fun spending your whole life in imitation of lester bangs

It stops being fun rock the moment the wank sections start on each track.

Nah, fuck them both for the most of it, though there are a couple things they got right.

You are going to need a better bait.

Wank is a term without substance and is not a serious criticism.

Properly explain why you feel certain sections are pointless or otherwise detrimental to the work as a whole.

>everything I don't agree with is pure bait

Read the post again, retard. The songs, that are actually songs are good.
The parts where you're not even sure if your music player died or not are legitimately bad.

Actually being this musically autistic. It's hilarious when you see someone shit on an entire genre, acting like they have heard literally every song ever made. OK user, you're cool man. You remind me of every neckbeard ever who thinks they are a musical god because they have a good music taste, but can't play any instrument for shit.There's this fat cunt at my uni who goes so far to say "this kind of music [prog] sounds like music someone would listen to who doesn't understand music", forgetting that music is a subjective opinion. Music is always opinion, and while some is shit tier, it's fucking retarded to bag on someone elses genre.

Here's an old one from here, and while it doesn't make much sense these days, I think it applies to you. A smug neckbeard loser who thinks he knows it all, while everyone secretely laughs at your pathetic life while you go on thinking everyone thinks you're a cool and obscure guy. Welcome to the real world loser.

And to add to that, everyone knows Jazz musicians hated rock. Buddy Rich once said, those who have no ability play rock. Dave Brubeck told sent Keith Emerson a passive aggressive letter "Thank you for covering Blue Rondo in 4/4" because of jazz time signature elitism. No one thinks you are cool because you like obscure jazz. Jazz is far more mainstream than progressive rock, always has been and always will be.

The wank sections break song structure to deliver some cutesy melodies that ain't shit compared to the likes of Bach and Coltrane. It's a waste of time as well because it lacks the energy of popular music.

Well, what can I say? Prog is just that awful. No redeeming qualities at all.

You guys should just go listen to jazz fusion or avante garde jazz instead.

>You guys should just go listen to jazz fusion or avante garde jazz instead.

my sides

>Coltrane

The most normal jazz you can get. Congrats on showing the entire board how musically aspergers you are.

>implying I am gonna pick an obscure name over a more well known one to make an example
>implying Coltrane doesn't have one of the most versatile techniques in all of instrumental playing, period
>implying his releases like Ascension, Meditations, and Olatunji are "normal jazz"

Both forms of music are colorful like prog, but also further explore expressive playing, while also to some extent maintain a legit groove.

>trying to backpedal over everything you said once you get called out on an ANONYMOUS image board

>jazz fusion
Jazz fusion is literally prog with saxophones.

I actually like Jazz Fusion especially, and Jazz greats like Brubeck, Evans, Coltrane. But the fact that you come here, and try and shit on an entire genre acting like you have heard every single song, and then you recommend Coltrane is literally hilarious.

>Bags prog
>Recommends Coltrane and Jazz Fusion

you aren't even trolling which is the sad part.

GT prog time, not accepting reviews unless you listen to all of it (which is how prog was always intended to be listened, the entire album)

youtu.be/iBWhKQV4-7Y?t=1

How's that backpedaling? Lmao I can't believe prog fans are so delusional that they don't even notice how they wrongly use certain terms.

And with a far more careful attention to what's being played. Obviously there's definitely bad fusion that's really no different form cheesy prog, but that's few and far in between.

>Recommends Coltrane, normie jazz
>Tries to say the only reason you posted it is not because you like it, but because it's a general artist to Jazz
>Then you proceed to post knowledge about all his best albums, confirming you actually do only listen to Coltrane.

And to your second part, do you not realize how dense you look shitting on an entire genre, not just an artist? Are you implying that ALL prog, they never pay "careful attention to what's being played" holy fucking shit you are retarded.

JAZZ FUSION GREATEST GENRE IN THE WORLD is so myuch better than prog because in JAZZ FUSION GREATEST GENRE IN THE WORLD they pay far more careful attention to what's being played!11

I must say, the ability to read in this topic isn't that great. As I already said, Coltrane, along with Bach, were both being used as examples, not recommendations. A response to being asked what's wank.

I have listened to that record before. It's Yes style wank but with a cutesy Beach Boys atmosphere. It's like a baby tier version of beautiful masterworks like

Miles Davis' Agharta
Don Cherry's Eternal Rhythm
Stan Getz' Captain Marvel

>posting libel about me instead of coming up with legit points

>Miles Davis
>Coltrane

okay I'm done

I don't believe you've listened, because anyone can get that impression from listening to the first 5 seconds and reading the comments. I don't believe you'd listen to a 2 hour prog record if you hated the genre, but you can keep pretending you know everything about music if it makes you feel better :-)

First two songs were really good tho

>stringy strangy
This is the best thing I've seen on Sup Forums in a while.

>Davis
>Coltrane
>Cherry
>Getz
FTFY

>I don't believe you've listened
You see, I used to be a prog kiddie like you, until I got turned to the light after having enough experience with music to notice what is and isn't worth spending time to listen to.

A middle ground here, I actually started listening to Jazz from Prog as well. My music taste is beside the point, my entire point from the beginning was that it is dense as fuck to bag on an entire genre due to your opinions.

So basically, you listened to prog heavily.. Got bored of it.. Transitioned into a new genre, which is basically the musical circle of life. I too, can say that dubstep is horrible because I used to listen to it it heavily and now I don't. You're fucking stupid and not a single person so far has respected your opinions. It's OK to say you like music, It's OK to bag an artist you don't like, but ripping an entire genre to shreds is the dumbest thing ever.

>senseless noodling is ok if a nigger is doing it - jazzfags

>bird-sounds-freesounds.org.mp3

Basically

YEAh i used to love king crimson as well, until I heard JAZZ FUSION GREATEST GENRE IN THE WORLD and now everything else is normie because i am elite!

No, you sillies! There's ssssssooo much good music out there in the world. Why listen to a boring genre like prog that's not good at anything at all when there's all this other stuff that's good at what it does?

>good jazz stuff
>senseless noodling
Eh, can't expect more from an anonymous site that allows anyone to act like they know a thing or two about music. It takes dedication and passion to get to me level, sweetheart.

>he just figured out king crapson is a meme

>hailed as a great album
>has 1 hour and 20 minutes of random stringy strangy

Did I just get fucking memed on?

HE ACTUALLY THINKS HE IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL.

Holy shit you are that guy, do you actually realize? In your head, you think you are miles ahead of everyone else. Have you never stopped to realize that MAYBE you aren't? And that maybe people just think you're weird as fuck. Once again, not saying jazz is bad. I'm saying you saying ALL progressive rock is just truly ignorant.

>Bragging how you are far ahead of everyone on your musical elitism scale
>Being this far inside your own asshole

Welcome to Sup Forums, newfriend. you will fit right in here.

But I am. One's ability to pick up on things musically continually increases as they become more experienced in listening to music. You might have just started listening to music, so probably think it's bogus. But you, too will feel it one day.

>ALL progressive rock is just truly ignorant
all prog is ignorant indeed. Ignorant of the many boundaries already pushed in classical/jazz.

>being this much of a jealous friend
Hey, at least you're a friend.

>But I am. One's ability to pick up on things musically continually increases as they become more experienced in listening to music. You might have just started listening to music, so probably think it's bogus. But you, too will feel it one day.

You literally realize everyone thinks that way on this board right? Even I think that about myself around other normies. Musicians are snobs at heart. If you don't realize that then you obviously aren't in the industry. I make music myself, and study it at the same time. 90% of the people I study with are absolute snobs (except the Classicalfags) who will refuse to acknowledge any piece of music you write as good. Why? Who knows, it's just what we do. All musicians are envious of other musicians music and will never acknowledge that it's good, for some pathetic reason to save face or something. I actually make Jazz Fusion, would you like to hear it and tell me how shit I am?

>I actually make Jazz Fusion, would you like to hear it and tell me how shit I am?
Yeah sure, it appears that you have no shame in terms of plugging your crap, but you also need the guidance of a genius like me. Post away!

good posts

Give me your honest, give me your worst. I'm not trying to claim I am an amazing musician, I'm an amateur.
vocaroo.com/i/s17gisVLHxcv

It's not obscure elite 9/8 progressive jazz fusion, it was more like we made it over a few weeks taking tabs of LSD. I'm not going to link my soundcloud because you'll probably laugh and pick at all the other stuff I upload. If you are interested I can send you the entire album, we released it on vinyl only and I actually have the only known digital format.

>"muh art music"
>fun rock

oh boy

Actually, I played the entire album on a private boilerroom stream back in early 2014, it's still on YouTube with ~10,000 views. So I guess it exists digitally there.

>projecting
>liking prog

fucking goof troupe over here

>Zappa
>non-normie
lmao

Sounds more like prog with a synthwave outro than any jazz fusion. The flute sounding thing lacks any variety in being expressive with the instrument, playing the main motifs most of the time rather than building on it, while the track itself visits the main theme with too little variation.

Now you should show me your music. I kind of already guessed that you're more of a listener than a maker, though. 99% of music critics never actually can write music themselves, but thanks for the critique anyway.

also, the 'flute sounding thing' is what most people call a synthesizer. O musical wizard, shouldn't you know these basic normie instruments? Seeya anyway faget, thanks for the low quality bants.

vocaroo.com/i/s09dIQqlQXTH

No shit it's a synth. The real answer is what it's trying to emulate you retard.

recommend some good jazz fusion

Electric Masada - At The Mountains Of Madness
Zbigniew Seifert - Kilimanjaro vol.1
The Joe Harriott Double Quintet - Indo-Jazz Suite

Well, this sounds like you got together 3 people (but really it was just you) who can't play instruments, to play freeform jazz. Note to yourself, don't attempt freeform if you aren't a virtuoso. But thanks for proving once and for all, that you are musically ungifted.

The funniest part of it all, is that the drum parts, and most of it, is literally no better than Moonchild, what this thread is all about.

/thred :-)

(ps please sell your drumkit dear fucking lord)

me again, hearing your music makes me happy because when you shat on mine, I felt bad, but now after hearing yours I can see that you have no sense of musical talent whatsoever, so listening to you try and critique my music would be like listening to my father who listens to punk and 80s pop try and critique my Jazz Fusion. I'm sorry if this is mean, I'm just giving you honest tips, but this isn't good at all :l Never would anyone want to listen to garbage that is discordant random notes played together,. "YOu dont undersntand, we're just trying to be random and this is obscure" no, it's shit.

So much for having "studied" music then, huh? Not only have you not studied music, but you also lack the ear to pick up on the subtleties of jazz. It's cool, looks like you gotta stick to prog for now. Play this track for your professors that do jazz, and they might be able to help you out here...that is, if you actually study music.

King crimson is cancer...
Glad to see some aware midns...

Read it really does seem like you have no clue about jazz, what goes on in the genre, what it has gone through and where it is now. Might wanna stop embarrassing yourself.

Nope. Don't even try and offend me here by saying I didn't study jazz. Everyone here is telling you how it's a steaming pile of absolute garbage. This isn't the good freeform jazz. There is no tone, there is no trend, this is merely just 3 musicians noodling in different keys and trying to rip a solo.

Yes, I do study music as I said earlier. I know what you are aiming for, I know what freeform is. You are aiming for freeform, but it came across as "first year students messing around before class starts"

Don't forget, you actually said this:
>Eh, can't expect more from an anonymous site that allows anyone to act like they know a thing or two about music. It takes dedication and passion to get to me level, sweetheart.

>he still thinks there are only three parts
>he's pretending there are people with him
>calls it "freeform jazz" instead of free jazz
OK Kid, there's no need to lie. It's not my fault that I am where the newest boundary pushes are in terms of arrangements/interactions in jazz while you make progwave.

you deleted it you pussy.

Guys, I think that second user's link was from the Henry Threadgill album from last year (Old Locks And Irregular Verbs.) Pretty sure that guy's not Henry Threadgill...you all got duped.

Yes, but it's also a good album.

As an album the stringy strangy works very well. The best songs on ITCOTCK are the title track and Epitaph, mostly because of how damn good the mellotron is in both tracks.

If it's not your thing, try Red. It's very different but every bit as revered.

>jazz is a genre

kek

its a classic because the highs points are really fucking good, the rest is trash. King Crimson had some GREAT ideas, but poor delivery

>the rest is trash
pleb pls go

fuck off

>this thread

>tfw you thought you were going to poke through the facade that is Sup Forums anonymity when those two posted their music on vocaroo and they both sounded like legitimately enjoyable stuff but it's now gone forever

>He actually thinks anyone would listen to his music enough to care how many musicians there are

I'm the first one, I didn't mean to delete it, I was only showing it to the first user, and after he reviewed it I deleted it. Here it is again, reuploaded. I take immense pride in my music and although I wish I didn't care what people said, it hurts me if someone tells me it's nonsense, but whatever. Here it is. I know it isn't amazing, I know it's not 9/8 transgender progressive art funk jazz fusion, but it is my favorite song of the album I released.

My entire album is like this, I have a solid following on Soundcloud for my Jazz Fusion, but as I said, I'm not a professional, I'm an amateur. And at least I posted my own work, rather than someone elses freeform jazz. If you like it, I won't make you pay for it, but don't download the Vocaroo, just ask me and I'll upload the .aiff

Contraste: vocaroo.com/i/s0o42C5wnClF

I can't actually upload my favorite one because Vocaroo only holds a max of 50mb, and seeing these are the original mastertapes, the filesize is large. I'll try upload the album to YouTube later, I guess I'm past the point of thinking people might actually buy the vinyl, lol.

thanks for reuploading
one thing someone told my about my own music once that really stuck with me was that it tended to be a lot of the same chord transposed, which resulted in the pieces sounding stitched-together rather than organically grown if that makes any sense

i think it's a thing that a lot of composers without formal training tend to suffer from, and i think you're suffering from it a bit here - you could use more variety in your harmonies, and the whole thing is a little clunky because of it - there's not really any transition between chords, y'know, they're each sort of plunked down

also your rhythms are a little off-balance at times - when i find myself falling into this rut nothing's better to look at than a little mozart, even though it's a wildly different style there's still a lot to learn from it and classical / baroque-era music in general

also tfw my music probably sounds more like user you were arguing with

Well, like I said I do think second user's thing was from Old Locks And Irregular Verbs. I just posted the whole thing in the share thread.

Stop listening to Prog Rock and start listening to Beethoven

I get you, thanks. It does make sense, I think you're right. I actually made this song 4 years ago. I don't even make this genre anymore, but it was a fun time of my life and I'm glad with what came out of it.

>Prog is such a cancerous genre.

Cool story bro