This soundtrack isn't just bad, it actively ruins parts of the game it was placed on...

This soundtrack isn't just bad, it actively ruins parts of the game it was placed on. Why do shitty game developers decide to an hero and make the scores to their games themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/54aygAZCKzw
youtu.be/dNN0HyO3rM4
youtube.com/watch?v=495MUfrcbMc
youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk8-pJkX8
youtube.com/watch?v=NHIkUzmNmc0
youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc
youtube.com/watch?v=vESEKK1qN98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

apparently the soundtrack was made before the game

makes sense, it's a pretty terrible game

look how impressed everyone is with your clearly disingenuous contrarianism

look

It's alright.
Someone should compile the best tracks into an actual cohesive piece instead of the 77 track 2 hour long album we have now

this soundtrack isnt just good, it makes most other video game soundtracks seem like a joke

god i fucking hate the faggots who overrate this shit

>implying vidya soundtracks aren't jokes by default

Your point?

This. A thousand times this

you listened t the soundtrack before playing it didn't you?

>touching anything related to western indie vidya
No thanks.

Nope. Played the game, loved it to pieces. Soundtrack is shit and almost ruins it.

It isn't bad, it just that half of it ripped off Homestuck songs.

Hell, Megalovania was used two times before this game. Once in his Earthbound hack and again in [S] Wake.

Undertale's soundtrack is fucking great dude, I don't know what you're talking about. It's like a musical sequel to Cave Story almost.

it's alright, what are you talking about?

Read the OP wrong.
Yeah, the soundtrack is shit. I agree with you.

that's not what he was saying dude

you can tell by literally the first three words "it isn't bad"

wew

>it isn't JUST bad
wew

must be easy to be a video game music composer. every ost you just need 2 good songs, the rest just have to fit the mood of the game, then you get your dick sucked by tasteless losers everywhere.

It's a musical rip-off to Cave Story.

the post is right there dude can you actually not read or something

Because Toby the Hack was primarily a music producer before he made his game. His music is less good when it's supposed to be paired with tumblr-pandering, shallow characters.

>This soundtrack isn't just bad, it actively ruins parts of the game it was placed on.
You can't be this retarded, user, can you?

Earthbound OST is better

the game wasn't tumblr pandering, it was mostly furry bait

>''You like hot animals, don't you?''

This isn't a particularly funny joke.

undertale music is amazing

It's fucking great.
In videogame standars.
But that's saying something.

Yes I do but that's besides the point

But it isn't? Considering the budget for the game they did a solid job but vidya soundtracks have come a long way.

undertale's music is decent

it feels like it's trying too hard to sound like earthbound though, to the point where it kind of misses the mark. earthbound, in addition to having a quirky and beatles/beach boys inspired sound, was also extremely boundary-pushing in it's production style. undertale in comparison is just a nice sounding soundtrack, it doesn't really push any boundaries. but you can't really expect too much from one guy, I mean he DID make the whole game.

I do however, think cave story has a much better soundtrack, and it was also composed by one dude.

video games are responsible for some of the most iconic and groundbreaking music in the 21st century.

this is some weak bait user

name a modern song more iconic than the original super mario bros. theme. I'll wait.

pic unrelated I assume

oneohtrix point never - boring angel

>super mario bros.
>21st century

ok i get it, you're retarded

Do you know what "iconic" means?

Bruh
examples?

Not the 21st century

this is the correct response

Yo this is some copypasta
I saw when you posted this exact same thread two months ago.

Sup Forums is leaking

I have an idea.

Post a soundtrack that you think ruins the videogame's experience.

(hope someone gets this)

But the soundtrack is the only good part of the game

Sup Forums was the pioneer of the Undertale hate train you new friend, you can't make an Undertale thread on Sup Forums without it being pure shitposting

Post god tier game soundtracks / songs

youtu.be/54aygAZCKzw

KSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Do you know what the phrase "having a shit taste in music" means? It applies to you.

Don't mind me, just being the absolute best song in Undertale

youtu.be/dNN0HyO3rM4

awful taste

What's your favorite undertale song?

inb4 no reply/troll response

That was clunky as balls

furi's soundtrack was good.

Mother 3's is the best though

Homestuck OST is 10 times better. Toby has lost his touch.

Is MEGALOMEMIA truly the best track in the Undertale OST?
youtube.com/watch?v=495MUfrcbMc

The Undertale soundtrack is a decent, but amateurish work. It's way too bloated with too many actual songs that are cut short to make room for incidental randomness. At the same time, much of the album is comprised of reprises and the repetition of other familiar musical ideas. This isn't necessarily bad and does make it feel like it has a cohesive progression, but it also makes the whole "100 songs" praise feel less impressive. There is also a lack of fully developed "songs". Many of the musical ideas and melodies are also just repeated endlessly without much development. What many of the tracks lack in actual development they can make up for in emotional potency, but many of the emotions are tied to the game and may not be felt otherwise (I wouldn't know because I played it first). I would be lying though if I said it didn't make me feel (An Ending into She is Playing the Piano is a really stand out moment). I don't feel as though the eclectic nature of the album is for any sort of greater artistic concept (Like The Glow pt 2 or something) and is just a result of trying to fit too much without wanting to make it too overly long. If there are two things Toby is good at, they are writting a melody and creating a tone. Shop and Snowdin are great examples of tone where underneath the tranquil songs and wacky goof moments is this overwhelming feeling of hopelessness. It's a hard feeling to describe, but I think it's there.

It's decent 6/10

Licensed music
Electroswing
Licensed music

Licensed or not Guitar Hero 3 has Everlong

good response

youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk8-pJkX8
youtube.com/watch?v=NHIkUzmNmc0

>You are a contrarian so you are wrong
nice argument

>jrpg homage that doesn't rely on eternal grind
>you can "win" fights without killing stuff
>ironic as fuck
>they're trying to make something different

you don't have to go and bash the ONLY game in the genre that attempt something that is actually different. theres a shitton of generic jrpg out there, theres no need to bother crying about undertale

pretty much this
I personally think it's overrated, but you're also correct. I mostly blame contrarianism, the association with tumblr, and the fact that people apparently can't separate fans from a work.

amon tobin - splinter cell 3 soundtarck
go fuck yourself i dont have the image for it

this

Death By Glamour

this and Asgore

>Videogame "music"

what would you call it?

>samefagging this hard

Kill yourself undertale furry.

now this is some autism

Man, I'd fuck Toriel silly.

I'd give it to her until neither of us can walk anymore.

Toriel is probably the perfect woman.
-genuinely caring
-strong
-likes to cuddle
-cute
-is actually a goat

[spoiler]Feel free to make a Toriel thread :) [/spoiler]

youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc
Did someone say vgm?

>Why do shitty game developers decide to an hero and make the scores to their games themselves?
Undertale was actually made by a composer who decided to develop a game himself.

Nice analysis. Toby Fox is basically in love with the leitmotif MO
youtube.com/watch?v=vESEKK1qN98

There was a period where UT fans were fucking everywhere, making references and dissecting the game to bits, and I can see how it could get on people's nerves.

>not wanting to fuck goatmom

pleb

I never said that, I'm just a pleb who prefers benis. I guess if she had benis that would be pretty good ::DDDD

sometimes it turns out really nice

too bad most indie devs lack the love, soul & dedication of Daisuke Amaya

>tfw after all these years I still can't get past hell and get the true ending

git gut!