Okay, since we're on topic, I want to know

Okay, since we're on topic, I want to know

Is this good or bad?
Or does comparing it to Painting With make it seem better?

or does moo actually like painting with

idk know but Moonjock could possibly be one of the greatest songs of the 2000s

only good songs are new town burnout, amanita, applesauce, wide eyed, and maybe today's supernatural

It's a very good album with the potential to be great. The songwriting was excellent but the production was muddled, and it's a much more jagged listening experience than the rest of their music so far. I think part of the reason PW is so comparatively lighter is due to the feedback from this album (burrito on a windshield).

i like moonjock monkey riches and rosie oh a lot as well as these
i think it's a pretty great rec & stands on its own without having to compare it to that sad burnout album

fantastic album, the arguments against it are dumb as shit
painting with is underrated too but nowhere near as good as chz

NINE EIGHT SEVEN SIX FIVE FOUR THREE TWO O N E O N E O N E

7.4 never forget.

god damnit. i hate that I understand this reference. 7.4 aint bad tho for what I see as a pretty raunchy criticism

>Enter the Slasher House was better than PW
>Person Pitch is better than CHz and PW
>PBVSGR is better than PW
>Sleep Cycle is the best AnCo content since Water Curses

should they all just go solo?

>>Sleep Cycle is the best AnCo content since Water Curses
What is "Down There"?

every song is good

Avey Tare stumbled out of the back room of the studio, DMT-filled vape pen in hand. "Noah," he coughed, "I just talked to the Magnum Fucker. He gave me 57 thumbs down and told me how to fix Painting With." Panda Bear looked up from his broken Zune. "What did he say?'" "He only said one word." Avey leaned in and whispered. "... Deakin."

good post

If the production were better it would go from a light 7 to a strong 8 almost instantly.

quality kek

Great album. Sounds even better on vinyl.

Stands up with the rest of AnCos discography desu.

I actually loved it, but I can see what people mean when they say it's their worst so far, I've been listening to animal collective since danse manatee, I'm used to them changing/looking for new sound, it's in their very core, so I wasn't disgusted nor surprised with CHZ being so different, the only real criticism I have for it is that it sounds like it''s coming from a walkie talkie the whole time, I guess it's part of the aesthetic, but it fucks over a lot of songs, still really good, specially monkey riches and today's supernatural.

It's a good album that is underrated because memes

>EtSH
>PBVSGR
>good
Nah nigga, those are mediocre. And PW did better.

Monkey Riches a GOAT

It's the best anco album desu

Why does no one ever give Mercury Man the credit it deserves?

>if i could just leave my body for a night

Walkie Talkie filter.

the lyrics are cooooo

They weren't "good" compared to most AnCo albums, but I enjoy both more than I do PW.

>animal collective
FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like both albums

The album has aged like a fine wine. I really think that is was just too ahead of it's time for the majority of Sup Forums to appreciate it when it came out. In ten years we'll look back on it as a masterpiece.

Or Rosie Oh

Next AnCo album must have more songs with Deakin on vocals

wrong album tho

Centipede Hz was my first AnCo record I ever listened to and I've never stopped liking it.

That's my answer. Art is subjective. Get over it.