Hey guys, how do I find my purpose in life?

Hey guys, how do I find my purpose in life?

You put sharpie in pooper.

You need a pen, and a pineapple. You must do something with the two, and all will become clear.

holy shit that picture is amazingly beautiful and calm

also, there's no purpose man. just do whatever makes you happy, that's the only line everyone ever walks down. anything that you think would feel good is the only thing you have to ever do.

This guy gets it.

appreciate it man.

Convert to Islam

OK, I just don't know how to find what makes me happy, or if I can achieve that. How do I deal with failure disappointment and depression in a normal way

Are we posting pics we like or something?

Yeah sure

any small thing. any activities you think you would like? creative things that make you feel like you're *doing* or *making* something are usually what tends to help. find something that makes you feel like you did something today after you're done with it. try stupid art shit or an online course of something. make things, i think that could help.

I think this is a thread whe we try to get our shit together, but the pics are nice too

If you plan to deal with it in a "normal" way, you wont be rid of you depression any time soon. That is unless u are a normie deep down, in which case you should go to a psychiatrist, shug pills and apply yourself to "fit into" society.
But if that don't make you feel better, spirituality is what you need.

This would help, the idea is star doing shit, star moving, somethings you'll drop them and with time youll find out something youd like

Thanks user, I'll try that

i'm the same person, and yes, that's correct. don't take it too harshly if things don't work immediately. with creative activities, it also sometimes will be frustrating because you won't be good at them right away. but any small thing that makes you feel productive usually works. if you want to talk about it in detail skype me at oranjadaa.

Yeah I wish I was spiritual, parent never took me to church - now I feel to jaded and cynical to even try it

...give your life a purpose

>Hey guys, how do I find my purpose in life?

Acid or mushrooms can help. So can playing a sport or exercising or learning how to draw or play an instrument. Throw yourself into anything. No matter where you go, there you are!

Always wanted to write music, never had the talent for it - I might pick that up again

Nice mk2

spirituality doesn't have to mean religion necessarily. the simple idea of giving things more personal, beautiful meaning than they seem to have or sometimes symbolism is spirituality. the way i see it, looking at a snowy night and feeling it being beautiful is already a spiritual awareness thing. kinda connecting to the world.

you definitely could. anybody can, and everybody starts *somewhere*. you totally could.

Church? You got low standards man. Explore eastern religious concepts instead. Much more interesting.
I recommend watching some Alan Watts videos on youtube. Somehow, whenever I hear his voice, I instantly feel better now. :p
But yea, same goes for me, feel utterly useless and I can't figure out why. Psychologists and psychiatrist just don't cut it for me. I've been thinking of trying psychedelics, and see where that takes me, but I just can't find a safe environment to do it in.

Here's some stuff that helps me through depression: Try lots of different things all the time, the days will feel far longer and your chances to find a very specific thing you're amazing at increase a lot. It's best if you manage to find something constructive, but being fine at just about anything will give you a lot of confidence.

Also remember that while you may or may not be anything special compared to other people on the planet (e.g. you got average looks/smarts etc.) you are still special to the people around you simply because you are you and absolutely noone can take that from you, ever.

I just wanna drink tbh with you guys - I'm 18 and all I can think about is drinking by myself to escape my thoughts - do it every so often in my dorm room late at night

Funny how you choose a depressant drug to deal with depression. Smoke some weed, less destructive, not as habit forming and a great anti-depressant.

You say that but I still don't feel special - I wouldn't kill myself because I'm to afraid to do that and see what lies beyond this, but I'm really dissatisfied with my life, who I am and what my future is shaping up to be like - and it sucks even more to know that their is no preordained purpose to get me on track and that I have to make some meaning and purpose for myself, when there might not be any

Yeah I smoke when I can, but it's a rare luxury for me

there's doesn't have to be any, as i wrote in my first post the only things that matter are the ones, permanent or not, that make you momentarily as happy as can be. anything that makes you smile. it's the only reason anybody ever does anything at all.

Thanks bud, I'll think on it

how is your status romantically?

Really? Does death scare you? It intrigues me more than anything else.
Death is the core subject in every religion ever. It is the ultimate mystery. And there is really no point in being scared of it, since we're all heading there anyway. There simply is no reason to fight it. And whatever preconceptions of what death will entale that you may have, they are almost certainly wrong. There's no authority on the subject.

No op, but im scared of death too, is not like what is beyond that, is more like is the END, thats it, nothing more, i wish i cuould describe the feeling

I don't wanna know tbh - I'm sure there will be judgement of some form and I will get what's coming to me

I know what your saying

I have no one, no close friends or girlfriends - I'm trying to change that but it's hard and I've had more upset than anything - but I can't blame anyone except for myself

There will be no concious you to experience this "nothing more". This idea of eternal emtpiness is stupid, but it seems to be the dominant one in the western world. It's really sad that people should feel this way, because it's, again, almost certainly wrong. Death is so abstract that there is no reason to debate it. We can only ponder. The possibilities are endless. Don't let it discourage you, you don't know enough to be afraid of it.

nobody is to blame for simply differences between people. nobody is better or worse than anybody, there's no objective way people should be. what you need to look for is not good people or people who have lower standards or whatever. standards aren't high or low. you need to look for someone similar to you. someone you have what to talk to about. that's it. :)

Oh jeez, well, here goes...

There is no authority but you. That's the only truth i believe in. There will be no judgment in life, or possibly beyond, but your own.

I get what you are saying, I just don't like myself - I wish I was like other people and was happy with normal shit but I'm not. It's like there are two halves of me perpetually unsatisfied with selves longing to be like the other half - I know none of that makes sence I just can't give you a clear idea of what I'm thinking

I feel like I am a guy on the fringe of society on my outside with more normal stuff on the inside, and I can't reconcile the 2