Ever have something kill your faith in God? What was it?

Ever have something kill your faith in God? What was it?

not being 7 years old any more

doubt

Puberty

Logic

Common sense

muslims

Watching documentaries about cults and seeing how any religion can get started easily. I've seen dozens such documentaries. Nowadays it sounds ridiculous, but I can imagine this 2000 years ago. There's no reason people wouldn't have believed just as much, and way more.

This plus Christ's and Paul's false prophecies that never happened (announcing the kingdom for within a witness' lifetime, etc.). It never happened. They were both wrong.

>faith is kill

Seeing kids die from cancer

>goes to heaven faster

Are you jealous?

Facts and information/critical thinking

growing up. i believed in santa once too.

No. Nothing.

Humans

Education.

I had faith in a .44 once, i lost faith in that pretty quick, now i found faith in jesus christ our lord and savior, he saved me that day and he can save you too, all you have to do is commit your life to him so you can be with him for eternal after life

>kill your faith in God? What was it?
wisdom.
When I studied and practised more into buddhist understanding of emptiness, I knew that god lacks an inherent existence.

Though I do not doubt it's conventional existence, as it still functions, but I doubt it's true independent existence.
This means it can not be omnipotent.

Never, my bond with Jesus and God and Mary is too strong for any devil thinking to ruin it. DAMN FUNDIE ATHIESTS GO TO HELL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

mother died at 11

he never answered my prayers so why should i pray to him

That is not a quote of Epicurus. Epicurus was explicitly NOT an atheist.

Bill Nye

No evidence. A shred of proof that isn't someone's account of something or some bullshit prophecy interpretation and I'm all in. Get me some Jesus DNA and show the the water into wine gene and then I'll become a believer

Was sent to Jesus camp. Kids crying, rolling around on the floor, having "spiritual moments." That and education, science, and critical thinking.

This.

I think he was a materialist.
Atheism is a relatively new term, though materialism may be seen as a branch of it.

Remember that atheism does not necessarily mean the lack of believe of higher forces. It is more a lack of belief in creationism, well theology.

Constipation

On Sup Forums he was. Deal with it

>Ever have something kill your faith in God? What was it?
Yes
Evidence

Working 5 days a week to live and experience life in 2 day blocks.

Incorrect-They go to the limbo for eternity.

Growing up.

I asked to get better, I asked for help.... it got worse so fuck it

I've never been very religious but 911 was the real wake up call for me. It's easy to just blame the towel heads but Christianity is almost no different in beliefs.

I became enlightened after watching Richard Dawkins videos on youtube.

reading the bible

Aren't Islam, Christianity, and Judaism like pretty much the same text up until some point where prophets had a difference in opinion? Like Old Testament dealing with Abraham?

Death of my grandma

As far as I know there's some slight differences but it's basically 3 different versions of the same bullshit.

Went to BYU Idaho

A loss of hope. I asked god for help, for guidance, for anything, and i was met with no answer.

all is a reflection of 'god', the terrible shit and the rest of it, the only factor being where one stands. it's all you

the fuck is faith anyway? faith 'that everything works out fine?' 'that it will be worth it?' just as well conclude these to be relatively meaningless

Never had faith in God to begin with

even worse is not even enjoying the 2 days.

I just wait for the sweet release of death

Yes, It's basically "the desert triology", add to this a lot of crazy fanfiction like mormons and other sects

jews don't believe jesus was the prophesied messiah, so they don't listen to jesus or muhammads teachings at all, only moses.
They believe one day their messiah will come.

Christians believe jesus was the prophesied messiah so his words are supreme, he came to finish moses work, but they follow both jesus and moses work.
They do not recognize muhammed as a prophet as jesus was literally god, and god wont come back or speak through us until judgement day/armageddon.

Muslims believe jesus was a prophet of god, as was moses, and they pay respects to their words, but muhammad was, and is, the last prophet of god so his word is the one they follow...until armageddon

basically, a massive % of this world are following this shit that all started with a few jew slaves.

I realized that we are the gods.
We can literally do anything we set our minds to no mattter what
there might be a god, but his intentions behind creating us aren't what most believe
and we are far more powerful than he is
and one day we will create a higher conscience then ours
and this conscience will help humanity unlock the most hidden exploits of the universe
as long as no one uses it for evil
and maybe this will help us understand where we came from
then the cycle will repeat itself for the next gen of conscienceness

remember this post.

posting the better version

i struggled very much.

wetherever there is a god or not, if we are just being in a simulation or in a reflection, in whichever multiverse we live in, i shall strive to become god. to be everybody and everything. i shall be nothing and the abscence of everything.

for i know nothing i am nothing. to give life a reason i have to be the reason. or i shall be forgotten and disintregated like everything without reason to exist.

The whole Christian/Judaism/Muslim infestation that wont fucking die off already.

Sup Forums

Nothing, when i was a child i used to have doubts and questions, as I grew these doubts has become less and less frequent.

this and also christianity had built a gigantic paranoia and terror sense into my 8yo self about demons and shit and i was terrified of demons for a really long time. they were basically my imaginary 'friends' for a long time, i would talk to demons and shit begging them to not do shit to me, then would proceed to feel bad for not believing in god enough to not be afraid anymore. one night i decided i would ignore everything and if i were to die, then fine, cause i was a tired little kid and that bullshit was too much for me. ofc, nothing happened. then i began to doubt and research actual stuff from the real world and it just died.

i also would always see people having their aforementioned spiritual moments in church and doubted it all the time. i tried hard to connect with god and would basically lie to myself about feeling the presence in church, but it never worked. it was always bullshit, always will be.

My fav priest sayin that he only regrets having a girl who doesn't suck his dick

Yeah the real God destroying the idea of a fake God or satan or accuser or idiot

This

Mormonism is fanfiction that got out of hand like "50 shades of gray"