I HAVE SUCH BAD WRITERS BLOCK SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE

I HAVE SUCH BAD WRITERS BLOCK SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bKf-pt3OUXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Alternate turnings (assuming you're a guitarist)
Write in a different state of mind or atmosphere (instead of sitting on a chain during the day, do it lying on your bed at night).
Just press record and improvise for 20 minutes you will think there is nothing of worth, but listen to your recording a few times and use your imagination, you may find potentially good ideas in there.
Write on a different instrument

Listen too dance music like new order, or just fast past music in genaral, gets the brain moving

Stop having writers block.
You're welcome.

Fuck around on different instruments

A new instrument always gives me new inspiration

G# A# C

Take a break.

Go on an adventure.

Try something different.

Get outside your comfort zone.

Listen to all sorts of weird experimental music that may/may not work like musique concrete, weird post punk, or whacky japanese stuff.

Spark inspiration somehow.

Listen to classical music. If it worked for Beethoven it works for me.

dont play for a week. its hard for me to not play everyday and sometimes i get writers block pretty bad so i take a week off and come back with some new stuff

>tfw this is actually a thing

play random notes on various instruments and record them, layering them later

do something similar with electronics / synths, record system sounds with audacity

layer them and then try to cover the abomination on your instrument of choice

just play chord progressions and melodies until you play a good one. don't try to write about something that you don't explicitly wanna write about if there are lyrics involved, but you can still just freestyle some stream of consciousness stuff to help you get started

dont try

Stop using inspiration as a crutch.

Take a melody from another piece of music and create some arbitrary rules to transform it. Build a piece of music off of that.

I get it all the time. Try different things

youtube.com/watch?v=bKf-pt3OUXA

get a job

Listen to a noise album with decently high volume, then try writing after. I find this really helpful when I have a block or when I'm mixing audio and have reached a point where I can't tell what's good and bad. It's like eating pickled ginger in between sushi rolls

I just wrote a song I'm actually pretty proud of like this recently

links?

Take drugs

Haven't even recorded it yet

What noise album should I try?

listen to new music

this always helps OP, for real

Ramleh - Hole In The Heart

1930 by Merzbow is a good introduction if you don't listen to noise. One of my favourites from him