The wait is over. Our real AOTY has arrived

The wait is over. Our real AOTY has arrived.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E9fEOMwFH-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

listened to 30 sec of firs song,

conclusion:
>pic related

Back to Grimes with you, then?

i dont listen to pop

I don't believe you

>tuareg music + synths
what a stupid idea

It worked, tho

Wtf am I listening to

>it's not anglo
>"wuh-wuh-what is it?"
Pathetic

That's an awful lot of implying

Ok red pill me on this album

An amalgamation of experimental rock and West Saharan tishoumaren that doesn't undermine either. A rare genre fusion that's smart enough to find the common ground shared by all its distinctly separate parts. It also grooves and boogies like you wouldn't believe.

Sorry for lashing out. I default to that in Sup Forums, it's a sickness. You alright, user

yo this is gud, thx

I like the cover

No prob thank you I did bait you a little. Mess with the bull I get the horns.

So am I especially missing out by not understanding what they're saying?

Nah, man. I'd say just go with it. I dig both of these artists separately and neither of them have English lyrics.

that's the only good thing desu

shhh...

Is this some French African collaboration? Ukandanz last year was really good.

Yeah, French experimental rock group Cheveu and tishoumaren stars Group Doueh

Did you hear Ukandanz last year? If not asap.

I did. Was deece

Yeah it's just the only other album I know of even somewhat like this. I assume this type of cultural collaboration is fairly unique in the world especially on this level being able to draw from French prog among other things.

In the internet age especially, there's no excuse not to be at least somewhat into the music of non-anglo countries. It's easier than ever not just for bands like Group Doueh and Aziza Brahim to get record deals but for those records to reach the public. They're being given more agency. The days of Paul Simon and David Byrne sticking a mbube chorus into their songs and taking all the credit are gone, this is a global collaboration. The new Bombino record was produced by the Dirty Projectors of all people. Taj Mahal is giving Bassekou Kouyate free publicity. Expect more of these collaborations in the future.

Well I guess this just feels more natural and consequently like a true collaboration as opposed to Paul Simon for example who as I assume reached out and solicited them. As I understand there's some French political connection in Africa and now these two cultures are naturally and truly collaborating. I mean is this a scene? That's what's really got me smelling blood.

I don't expect it'll just be France. The United States is fairly blinkered at the moment, but they'll come around. They always do. For the time being though it seems likely that Europe and South America know more what's going on in Africa and the potential for collaboration there because those continents aren't as insular.

Oh it just seemed like such a coincidence that Ukandanz was last year and now this. As I recall there were French colonies in Africa or something. Like the cultures were thrust together first and now this is happening?

I certainly don't recall French African musical collaborations on this scale before. I think in the past it was a bit of a sore spot. As someone who was born in Algeria I'm pretty sure they think of it more like a military occupation. I'm not allowed back there.

are you memeing or is this actually good?

It's terrific. Why would I be memeing?

Interesting, I think something may be happening then aka scene

I hope it's nothing as fleeting as a scene. African music has been overdue to get its proper respect for decades.

Scene for me is a really big deal so I didnt mean to imply fleeting. I look forward to some hearty digging and filing a full fledged report by years end.

that's not this
youtube.com/watch?v=E9fEOMwFH-Q
but could be cool

You have a download link?

I never expected to see Cheveu mentioned on Sup Forums and spawning fifty replies tbqh.
Didn't know they made this collab, I need to check it out.

France colonized a big part of Africa, so a significant part of the population there still speak French, which help for collaborating.
That said, I think more collabs and more attention to what happens there in the West would be good. Senegal has an awesome musical tradition with their sabars and talking drums for example. African music is way too underrated by Americans.

Thanks OP, have heard of Doueh from Noisey but had no idea about this, just purchased the vinyl

I'm 2 minutes in and this fucking sucks. I don't like the vocals at all.

this is really sick thanks