Yup.

Yup.

I know, right?

I'm pissed I didn't listen to them earlier

>trout mask replica without the autism

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=B4JrPnep5Aw

Moon in June (Peel session)

So what other albums of theirs would you recommend or say are essential? Their first three and Peel Sessions are bolded on rym and Scaruffi gave Fourth and Sixth a 7 and 7.5 respectively

I'm probably going to listen to them all anyway, just looking for input

Indeed

It sounds literally nothing like TMR.

Also, their psychedelic albums were much better.

Yeah, that's pretty amazing

First track best track

When I first heard this album I thought the 10 minutes of random noise was pointless and ruined a good song but now that I've matured I've realized that it's the best part of the track

One of the greatest bands of all time

My ratings are Third (9) = Volume 2 (9) > s/t (8.5) > Fourth (7) >= their others

>10 minutes of random noise was pointless
please

I was listening to some 70's Joe Farrell recently and it reminded me of Soft Machine

youtube.com/watch?v=7y5ILGMm5Qo

depends on what you're looking for. 1 and 2 are great psych rock albums with some jazzy elements. 4 onwards are mostly jazz records, often with rock elements still in them.

I prefer Vol 2 but this one is pretty solid too

This is one of my favorite albums. It's soooooooo fucking good.

I enjoy the way they play with uneven time signatures, layering numerous melodies over each other to create a wavering psychedelic effect, the sheer strength and variety of the drumming throughout the whole project, the distinct attitude of all four movements, the extended solos remaining interesting for their enitirety, the way they push that fuzz box instrument to it's extreme limit on the opening of Facelift, the rolling synths layering and wavering in the opening of Out Bloody Rageous, and the chord progression in the center of Moon In June's more conventional rock segment.

The beginning of Out-Bloody-Rageous with headphones is the most physically pleasing musical sensation my ears have felt.

Is this album any good? I know Wyatt himself considers it something of a false start.

I just like Six so much it would have to be tied with Third for me. Volume 2 is next best.