Ask a type one diabetic anything

ask a type one diabetic anything

What type of diabeties do you have?

How bad is it, OP? I couldn't imagine living without being able to eat sweets.

What happens if you stop taking insulin and just eat sweets?

I know diabetic people who have done this with no real problems. They say all that matters is getting your circulation going, so they eat fish oil and take blood thinners instead of insulin.

Not a lot of sweets, obviously. Just a normal amount like you used to assuming you weren't a fat fuck. Not overdoing it.

i can still eat anything, it's the amount of carbohydrates i can have per meal. If i want i can take extra insulin and something. the worst part is the needles

If I took those vials away would you die?

How easy is it to overdose on this stuff? I only ask because I might have diabetes but I need to know before I decide.

id get some extreme fatigue and probably die. I've never heard of what you said

Look up healthy diabetes stuff without medicines. Some diabetics I know don't take insulin, just herbs and shit.

sucks dick right? 17 years, diagnosed at 13.
how long for you?

get checked out right now, i was a week away from death when i got diagnosed. They explain it all perfectly

no, but it would be extremely painful

if you took up a keto/0 carb diet for a year would u be cured

let's find out

>type 1 diabetes
no carbs = low blood glucose = coma = death.

Educate yourself nigger.

Diabetics get low blood sugars from time to time which would be 'overdosing', if that's what you mean. Not a huge deal most of the time. Wear a medic alert bracelet.

thank you

also in normal functionality the liver produces sugar when one hasnt eaten
the production of sugar has to be replenished through the consumption of sugar to save in storage.

OK so probably look for another way out then? Thanks anyway.

Doctor here. I fucking LOL at idiots like this who then come back 10 years later in kidney failure and after having a few strokes and heart attacks. I mean realistically I feel bad for the ones who are duped into it. But I do laugh at the arrogant ones who think they're smarter than everyone else.

How old are you, and how old do you look?

np, it erks me when people just spout off medical advice with no formal training or experience, however some people do have suggestions that just need corrected. no harm no foul.

Lol I love the troll science in this explanation. Take some blood thinners to "get your circulation going" LOL.

I know people like that too, however the legs are a dead give away at how "healthy" they are. Usually very red or swollen looking with minimal hair (on men). Looks like they need amputations most of the time.

i have drank one rockstar a day for about three years now. how fucked am i? when i dont drink one i go thu withdrawals and get a headache

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I was told I would hear voices the rest of my life and would need to be on 6 different medicines costing over $1000/month total. For the rest of my life.

The only medicine I've been taking for the past 4 years has been fish oil. No voices now, kind of just faded away. Weed brings them back though so I can't smoke as much as I used to.

Doctors are more fucking clueless than most of those health nut hippies. Fuck off with your toxic big pharma shit.

Caused by lack of blood flow. Especially in toes.

If you took a megadose of insulin you're more likely to just get resuscitated and have an epic hangover. Worst case scenario they bring you back and you have permanent brain damage and end up in a nursing home. Wouldn't recommend...

Exercise + healthy food + supplements > shitty big pharma addictive meds

why do your genetics suck?

was not genetics

Lol okay there. You're the exact kind of idiot I will laugh at when they die from horrible complications of their disease. Because you're an arrogant entitled little Millennial who thinks they know more than their doctor.

Unfortunatly it TAKES TIME to lose the fat off, It ain't fucking easy.

And the sting of insulin. What types of insulting do you have? I have humalog and lantis. So, I already know the feels.

Cool. You go exercise and supplement your way out of type 1 diabetes, tell me how that works out for you. I guess I make more money when you end up in ICU instead of just the ward with your next episode of DKA. Hopefully your organs aren't fucked up too much from your diabetes so they can at least be donated to someone who has some value to society.

im on humalog and humulin N. nice to see a diabetic fag out here

Type 1 usually has some sort of genetic predisposition. Certain HLA subtypes. Type 2 overall has more genetic predisposition though.

Hey OP. Type 1 here as well. How long have you had it? and which insulin(s) are you taking to manage it?

Duh, that's part of the cure.

Retard, doctors don't know shit. They're just paid to dispense medicine. Even the few doctors who do know something are forced to choose ineffective shit medicines that only soothe symptoms temporarily and cause addiction for maximum profit.

read my fucking post again:

Schizophrenia CURED after a couple years taking fucking FISH OIL, of all things. What the fuck. I never expected this shit to work but it did.

Do you think you're really helping people by giving them toxic meds that puts them in permanent debt and screws up their body to be completely dependent to big pharma? Fuck off. If you're a Canadian doctor I respect you, at least you don't debt people for life, but if you're an American doctor eat my dick. Fuck you.

I'm a caretaker of someone with Type 1 diabetes.

Pump or injections?

Under control or not under control?

Why haven't you levelled up yet?

i was diagnosed august 24th

i use pens and it's always random with me

kek

What do you guys think of the insulin price hikes in the US?

Here I think Humalog is $35 per vial.

News flash, moron, it wasn't the fish oil that 'cured' your 'schizophrenia'. You think a disease that is as complicated as schizophrenia has a magic bullet treatment that is as simple as a nutritional supplement? This is the problem, you kids have zero understanding of even basic human biology. The reality is, you either never had schizophrenia to begin with, or there are other factors that got you better, or you're just in a period of remission and it's going to come back. Not a psychiatrist, so not going to claim to know why you're better based off 3 months of psychiatry training in med school and internship, but can definitely say it wasn't fucking fish oil. What a joke.

Am I helping people by giving them medications? Of course it depends on the disease in question. For a type 2 diabetic, if they're willing to lose some weight and eat healthier and exercise, that's going to do a far better job than metformin. But since people are lazy uneducated fucks and can't be bothered to look after their own health, then metformin and other agents are the next best thing we can do. And they do make a difference, tons of evidence to support that.

Coincidentally I am Canadian. But people post from around the world on Sup Forums, and only the US has such a shit-tier health care system.

get the fuck out of my thread nigger

It's about $85 a vial here, it's pretty terrible. I'm just thankful my parents have had good health insurance for all of my life and that my job offers health insurance as well.

Have you asked your doctor about Lantus? It's far more effective than N is, least for long-acting insulin is concerned. I've been on it for...~10 years and it's been great. I've been Type 1 since I was 2 and a half

ill check it out

The US Health Care System is neither healthy, caring, nor a working system.
US Citizen here, btw.

Death is the only cure sometimes...

Lantus is good with something short-acting like apidra or novorapid.

If I was diabetic I would definitely be on an insulin pump and get my a1c down to the high 5 or low 6 range. Should be achievable with the new 'artificial pancreas' devices that are coming out shortly.

>News flash, moron, it wasn't the fish oil that 'cured' your 'schizophrenia'. You think a disease that is as complicated as schizophrenia has a magic bullet treatment that is as simple as a nutritional supplement?

Yes, the brain is basically starving of an important component used to build it. It's not rocket science.

>The reality is, you either never had schizophrenia to begin with, or there are other factors that got you better, or in a period of remission and it's going to come back.

Hearing voices and constant delusions thinking I was in a computer simulation or something. Thought I could see the future and hear dead people. Then started taking fish oil and it's like someone popped a hot air balloon and I fell back down to earth again.

I'd also gotten significantly better at math out of nowhere since I became schizophrenic. Since the voices started becoming a thing.

Always felt a very vague sense of lightheadedness, which the fish oil did away with when the voices disappeared.

>or you're just in a period of remission and it's going to come back.

It's been like 3 years or so. I consistently get worse when I stop taking fish oil and get better when I start taking it again.

I take real fish oil, not fish oil imitation. Only the expensive kind has ever worked, not the $10 bottles you can buy at GNC. Figures, I have to pay $50 per bottle of pharmaceutical grade concentrated fish oil, but if it works, it works. I need at least 7 grams a day for schizophrenia to stay cured or it comes back after a month or two if I stop taking it. That's a lot of fish oil. And it's fucking expensive, but well worth it. Makes my dreams extremely intense too, sometimes I feel like they were the previous day instead of dreams.

If you're Canadian at least you are not debting people for life and I respect that, but at least do some research into the correlation between true fish oil and schizophrenia. Not that chemical imitation shit you can get for $10 a bottle.

the pump gets annoying and it lasts 3 days. And you have to be on a waiting list

this is a diabete thread. betes or gtfo

He's already taking Humalog, which is a short-acting insulin. I was just recommending him a better long-acting because it's easier to manage the number of shots with Lantus.

The wonders of modern medicine give me hope sometimes, but the amount they are going to charge for the artificial pancreas...

Look, I'm glad whatever you had is better and if it's the fish oil, even if it's a placebo effect, then keep doing it. As long as some naturopath turd or someone else isn't conning you into buying some expensive shit from them. The irony of going to a naturopath because you think medical doctors are out to get you...

I'll look into fish oil and schizophrenia just out of curiosity. I can already tell you though that while it might offer some benefit, it's not some magical cure. If it was, some pharma company would have already patented a special version of it and made millions/billions.

I'm pre-diabetic. What were your symptoms before becoming full diabetic?

Agreed with lantus. Fewer needles = better. Hence why the pump is the best. And the artificial pancreas with the continuous glucose monitoring and glucagon system = the future. I agree, don't wanna know how much that's going to cost. But it will be worth it.

i was really thirsty and had no appetite, extreme fatigue and i couldn't walk around or id be tired

Placebo effect does not last this long or stay this consistent. I did not believe it would work and it did.

You don't go to a naturopath, you do personal research on your own and self-cure yourself like they used to before big pharma came along.

It is very much a 'magical' cure. Extreme cases of psychosis reversed nearly overnight with enough fish oil. 7 grams a day seems to be the minimum, which is a LOT. The real fish oils cost $50 per bottle or more and last a month or 3/4 of a month but they work from experience. The $10 cheap ones do nothing and give you fish burps.

Pharma companies cannot patent natural nutrients which is why it's not on the news. They don't care about something they can't patent.

Lol god hates you and gave you a weak pancreas. Enjoy losing your feet faggot, sugar Goan take yo soul too

you get irritated really easy, you pee a LOT (like, 4-5 times an hour), and it smells fruity or sweet. That's when you should really go in for testing.

or if you get tired from standing up and start panting

my bad I thought 2 types as in 1 too much sugar and 1 too low

Just googled a few studies, briefly looks like there's some evidence of benefit in preventing schizophrenia but no difference in outcome between placebo and treatment if they already have the disease. Although they were using 3 grams a day. Interesting anyway.

Pharma companies can patent nutrients; they usually find a way to either directly target whatever a natural supplement gets at, or modify the molecule in some way.

Also in general researchers / physicians can still get public funding for trials like this, but nothing groundbreaking is out there that I could find so far. Some interesting stuff nevertheless.

OP out

7 grams is the cutoff for reversal. Anything less is preventative at best.

The best thing about fish oil is they keep working long after you take them. I can go without voices for 2 months or more if I stop, and they always seem less annoying than each time before.

Legally they can't patent natural nutrients. If they modify the molecule, sure, but then it wouldn't be the same. And I doubt it would be effective.

I assume this information will be heavily suppressed. I highly doubt it will ever be publicized. The existing antipsychotics are far more profitable than spending billions and decades on a new cure to replace fish oil when the natural choice is so much cheaper. It will be cheaper for them to suppress the info as much as possible and keep the old antipsychotics.

Type one diabetic here, I have pain in my testicles and i'm unable to get an erection without smoking weed, how do I fix this?

Type 1 here. Been on the pump with novalog for a year now..i highly recommend it, its been life changing for me.

Does anyone know how you can just develop type 1? I found out at 23 when i went into dka and began to lose my vision

Chop off your balls.

is it annoying? How much does it get in the way during naked time?

Type 1 is when your autoimmune system destroys the alpha cells responsible for creating insulin hence its why it's sometimes referred as an autoimmune disease

Are you adam?

You are a fucking psycho. Those vivid dreams are your psychosis. Do your vivid dreams ever tell you to kill the president or something like that?

Not OP. Type 1 for 25 years, no complications. Live in the US, self-employed, no medical insurance. It's too expensive still. I'm an outlaw who stays alive by circumventing the shit laws the government passes to try to kill me, and allows the legal drug cartels to enslave the sick. (I use lantus and humalog, buy it on the grey market.)

They're normally mundane dreams like doing laundry, etc. Extremely lifelike.

Voices normally just talk about stupid shit, random conversations.