Hamilton

Anyone have a bootleg?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f0EqxnWxlvY
youtube.com/watch?v=QU8lxWL6XlY
theverge.com/2016/6/20/11978626/new-york-ticket-bots-criminal-penalties-lin-manuel-miranda-hamilton
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SO U SAYING

WE WUZ

so diverse. there's blacks and blacks and blacks and whites and blacks and a mulatto and blacks

Do you really want to hear white boys try to rap?

Is this any good or was it just overhyped by liberal critics?

It's good. Funny thing is that the best songs aren't even the hip hop.

Musical at its core is a character examination/tragedy. Pretty good.

Lin Manual Miranda is being a huge fucking faggot on the Late Night Shows, but I would too if it got me as many gigs as it's getting LMM

I've done theater since I was a sophomore in high school (So about 7 years now) including a few musical productions. I know several by heart (RENT, Dr. Horrible, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, In The Heights, Nunsense, Spamalot, Book of Mormon, Repo: The Genetic Opera, Legally Blonde the Musical, and several others) and I love Hamilton. I can do just about the whole thing through (still struggling with getting fast enough on some of LaFayette's parts.

It's a great show both musically and story wise. It's not a black and white view of Hamilton was great, Burr was awful etc. It gives a lot of depth and dimension to all of the characters while also having some really amazing lines and beats.

I thought the album itself was pretty fantastic. Haven't seen the play in person but I'm guessing a lot of people haven't.

It gets a bit Schoolhouse Rock-ish at tines but it actually pieces together a really interesting portrayal of a largely forgotten Founding Father. Plus Lin-Manuel is an amazing lyricist, and Daveed Diggs (Lafayette/Thomas Jefferson) is an insane rapper inside and out of the play.

What do you mean he's being a faggot on those shows? I've enjoyed most of his appearances. Not many people are willing to improvise a conversation on a talk show let alone free style rap at one.

It is overly sympathethic to Hamilton tho. Like for example did you know when Phillip dueled that other guy, Phillip was the one who fired before the count of 10, and the other guy simply returned fire?

Also Hamilton was never an abolishinist. He used "Jefferson is a nigger lover" to attack Jefferson.

And he wasn't BFFs with Lafayette.

The main guy from Clipping is in this

He's appearing with Hillary Clinton, he's rapping about 2016 year man's one-sided analysis of Puerto Rico's debt issue. He's being a Progressive shill/Captain Planet hero.

YEAH

GETCHA RIGHT HAND MAN BACK

YA KNOW YA GOTTA GETCHA RIGHT HAND MAN BACK

I MEAN YOU GOTTA PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO THE LETTER BUT THE SOONER THE BETTER TO GETCHA RIGHT HAND MAN BACK

Also Dear Theodosia is pretty great at building up Burr as a human instead of "the guy who shot Hamilton". Room Where It Happens makes his motivation really good as well.

yes

"Wait for it" is better than "Dear Snoozadoza"

Best song

eat shit other songs

youtube.com/watch?v=f0EqxnWxlvY

I guess. That one in particular just hit me hard.

All of Burr's songs suck. fight me. I don't give a shit about Theodosia.

(sad that Leslie Odom Jr won't be in the filmed cast recording though)

I mean I can see how it might be over-rated, but "Wait for it" pretty much sums up the themes and tensions of the musical.

And only a faggot doesn't like "Room Where it Happens."

>implying Room Where It Happens isn't GOAT

Also
>you will never see the original Broadway cast all together

ok ok Room is GOAT. but the rest can go to hell.

I'm also not into how overwrought Philip 's death scene is. I get that's how it went down, but it's such a cliche with the reprise of the 123456789 melody.

I hope everyone's still watching Aaron Burr, Sir:
youtube.com/watch?v=QU8lxWL6XlY

And he's fucking GOOD, too.

why is this show so ridiculously expensive?

even if you look for tickets 6 months in advance its impossible to get one under $500

I mean I know its normal for broadway tickets to be over $100 but this is just ridiculous.

scalpers and bots prebought all the tickets and hiked up prices for resale. NY just banned the use of automated ticket bots which will help curb this practise in the future, but it's still a shitty situation that will never be fully stamped out:

theverge.com/2016/6/20/11978626/new-york-ticket-bots-criminal-penalties-lin-manuel-miranda-hamilton