"Lou Reed said that he did not know anyone but himself who would have listened to the whole album...

"Lou Reed said that he did not know anyone but himself who would have listened to the whole album. He also said things like he used to sleep by lowering the number of revolutions to the turntable. But even with those claims, Lou Reed continued to defend this record as one of the best things he had done in his life."

How could i tell him that i liked the album?

it's because i really feel sad when the work of someone gets misunderstood or underapreciated, i really feel the need of tell him that it was worth it, it hasn't happen to you with other underrated records or artists?

lou reed was a fucking liar

why?

that was Lou Reed luring you out to listen to this album just for some giggles

hes whole schtick was the woe is me im a confused artist, then when you give him some sympathy he spits on your face.

talented guy but don't feel sorry for this fuck. he chewed out andy warhol when vu&n didn't do well in the beginning

the original nu-male

more like vu-male

sounds ilogical, that would cost him his credibility as an artist

Lmao

logic is an illusion

>he chewed out andy warhol when vu&n didn't do well in the beginning
whoa dude where can I read about this

Also tossed out Cale because he wanted to be the indisputed leader of the band

didn't he mostly rip MMM off from Cale?

It's kind of too late to tell him now. He probably wouldn't have given a fuck what you or anyone else thought of it anyway

Yes. Cale was doing this stuff almost a decade before MMM. See: Loop/White Wind single

it's certainly very similar in aesthetic to Cale's home recordings from the 60's, so I don't think there's any doubt Reed was influenced by Cale and the whole Dream Syndicate scene

Hack

Simple as that

why?

The influence of this album is obviously big, and I'm sure Reed knew about this.

what artists were influenced by this thing?

>What is the entire genre of noise music?

>lou reed invented noise music
kekeroni

what does that have to do with lou?

He didn't. Noise being recognized as a musical genre and incorporated into popular music was mostly the result of Metal Machine Music.

Cale was undisputedly the genius of The Velvet Underground. This is why the quality of their music in every criteria other than lyrics after WL/WH (the greatest rock album of all time)