/gg/ guitar general

/gg/ guitar general

>should i learn guitar?
No

>but isnt guitar the last true art form?
Lol

>are you saying guitar is dead?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/giyoqpff
youtube.com/watch?v=LS596QVBzIo
clyp.it/zxcfiae1
clyp.it/oidjyd2e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that's a bass, though
playing bass is good fun

>hitting a bunch of strings wrapped around a piece of wood takes real dedication and talent

>>
Keyboard does better bass

post u're guitar waifu

Who made you butt hurt, OP? Tell us what's troubling you

first for skulls on guitars only impress 12 year olds

a bass is a guitar

Heh, what's the matter, kiddo? Too br00tal for you?

>being this fucking stupid

that's a bass bass

He's not wrong
>what is a bass guitar

No, it's an electric bass. It was intended to replace the four-string upright bass which has the same tuning. Except Leo Fender put frets on it so you could play with more precision. Hence the name Precision Bass.

Too trailer trash for me.

>trying to defend stupidity with ignorance

so why is it called a bass guitar

what's the best online guitar and music shop in uk? / what do you use for music?

you're actually just wrong, stop replying

Thomann.

Leo Fender was a freaking genius.

>stop replying because i hate being wrong
We hu/gg/fest now, post some shitty clyos so i can give you sone positive reinforcement even though your music sucks

I just downloaded fl studio, i didnt have to go to a store

Original lixx do not steal

clyp.it/giyoqpff

You dont gotta worry about me stealing them

because people don't realize that it was originally an electric upright bass

can i call you cum? you were that originally

/gg/ hits a new reatrded benchmark with this post

we were all born in the heart of a supernova m8

Posting before you start roasting

>favorite mode
>pentatonic

that's no9t a mode m8, just sayin

I can answer that question

Yea I know, I thought putting in scales would be enough. Good thing I'm saving up for theory lessons this summer

pic related, it really is a bass guitar

So I have an acoustic, a les paul, a strat, and a p bass. What other guitars would I need to complete a well-rounded selection?

>improvising words and braggadocio over a kick and snare takes real inspiration and talent
What's the point of being this reductive?

I think gear4music is better than thomann for electrical items since everything arrives with the right voltage/plug socket etc. Prices are about the same, gear4music might be slightly dearer but then thomann handling and qc is atrocious.

>he believes the science Jew
Nah

A mememachine. Or a baritone

what's the point of even asking for a favorite mode when the answer is obviously dorian

checkmate mixofags

DiPinto Galaxie 4 in purple metal flake

shine on you crazy diamond

>paying for classes
M8 just use the internet and buy cheap music theory textbooks that are a year or two old. The only time you'll need a teacher is when a concept doesn't go through but most of the time you can find articles/videos on people breaking stuff down.
And really hit those textbooks up. I got a 2014/2015 edition book about music theory for 5 dollars from a used book store and it has taught me quite a bit.

>music theory that's three years out of date

get out

That looks kinda gay and pointless

I'm sort of leaning towards a 7 string, a baritone or a resonator but it has to be good and versatile and not a one trick pony, since I want the collection to be about classic versatility

Get a gretch hollowbody. You won't regret it.

yea or nay

Nay. Go to your local college and get bass lessons instead.

you're joking right? just look at the craftsmanship in those plastic rocker switches, no way do those feel cheap and nasty

I mean it's constantly changing but I doubt there's that much of a difference. If they are anything like every other textbook they literally fix a couple typos and add/cut info from current stuff

I hope these are 4 Super Distortions

sadly, they are pickup on/off switches

youtube.com/watch?v=LS596QVBzIo

post memes you fell for
>tone

>sustain

Can we have some more paulposting? That shit was fucking great

Also chapman guitars are a meme. I hope none of you faggots has bought one

>Squiers are bad

More watts = better

Why the fuck did I buy a Blackstar HT60. Thank fuck they shot up in price and i didn't lose money on it

Memes I never fell for:

>maple fretboards

>rose wood

>music

>aluminum necks

warmoth

how are G&L cheap basses compared to Fender basses made by Mexican Taco druggies?

mexican = bad
t. rump

Which version is better

studio version clyp.it/zxcfiae1
live version clyp.it/oidjyd2e

I got an sb-2, its pretty sweet. Never tried a fender but the general consensus is thats its better quality and better value.

>over 100fx!

hello again /gg/

I'm just going to have some vegetrian sausages and mash with steamed broccoli and leeks then I'll scroll up and read everyone's posts before joining the lively debate for today

no fags allowed

Kek, when will you all realize anything not used in orchestral music is a toy? Learn the real bass, piano, or organ and get out of your moms basement and on to the stage of caranagie hall.

Man, I do sure enjoy playing guitar

t. trianglist

Post your musical inspiration

>pedals

>implying I don't also play cello
fuck outta here upright bass player, you're the drooling morons of the orchestra. Even timpani players have more class.

>d'addarios

I've been learning chords with Justin Guitar on youtube, but my guitar's electronics are fucked. I do have a couple basses, so what's a good way to learn how to play bass guitar?

Jazzmaster or jaguar?

Either way I'm going for a MIJ model, $700-900. Also no humbuckers

gee idk maybe by fucking playing it

idk, jazzmemester has a normal scale

Is the tweed amp on the right a Bassman reissue? Thems is quite cool

I think people push more that different power tubes provide different (better to some folks) sounds, and that tubes like EL34, 6L6, KT66/77/88, 5881 all tend to put out higher wattages. I personally like the somewhat mushy low end that an EL34 based amp will produce when cranked.

Plus, even if your amp operates at a higher Wattage and is more loud than you care for when set how you like it, there's always attenuators. People say they fuck up your sound, but I really haven't been able to detect any difference between my amp turned up w/out it and cranked with the attenuator.

Basically just get an amp with a power section you like and then use other solutions to lower your volume if you want

super distortion single coil lol

I achieved a sick lead tone didnt i
clyp.it/zxcfiae1

why put sausages as switches?

>doom LARPer
>stacks upon stacks of Orange amps
>lots of pedals
>plays stoner/drone/doom
>plays Melvins covers
>has beat every single Pokemans and Zelda game

ywn have a Wata gf

Get a classical guitar.

but how do I PLAY it kiddo

It even sounds better than the original Zeppelin's version except for the vocals
Stereo acoustics nice as fuck

You will literally never own a Luxxtone

Get a 7 string baritone resonator.

Also, does anyone have the "Kevin Shields has a huge schlong" copypasta?

Stop with the autotune, please

What do I look for in a guitar of the $200-300 price range?

Its worse without it wanna hear it?

A squier

Body made of actual wood, ability to stay in tune and good playability

People who can't play say its dead so that way they don't feel like total failure. Just let the baddies be baddies.

What does /gg/ think of Les Pauls?

Maybe