Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GeyTWcCQ5S8
youtube.com/watch?v=OQkIVuLufqs
gnawtheirtongues.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lösch dich, rainer

watain, immortal,

Who's seeing the mayhem show today?

Seent em in DC. Inquisition will kick your ass. It was my third time seeing mayhem, second time seeing this set. Best time yet.

>going to black metal concert
Just no. Doesn't even sound right to have concert and black metal in the same sentence.

I'm playing a black metal show tomorrow tho. :'(

You're a faggot. Not all black metal is recorded in a bedroom. That would be tricky

Amen

Lunar Aurora - Hoagascht
Graven - Perished & Forgotten
Evilfeast - Wintermoon Enchantment
Horn - Jahreszeiten

Ancient Records is lit

idiot

fuck off poser

Everyone shitting on you, but I agree. Black metal, especially atmospheric stuff or black metal that's supposed to be lofi or transcendental really has no need for a live performance.

Jute Gyte

>replying to yourself

embarrassing

Is anyone going to the obscure cassette listening experience in the darkness of this user's parents basement today?

>letting people into your lair

untrve please leave.

he's probably an autist who's never even been to a show

What is the best Cradle of Filth album? Just learned about them and they sound like my style (goth/extreme metal)

Anyone saw Alcest on the 15th?

just listen to emperor instead

Everybody listen to this guy

No, I have my even more obscure tapes to listen to.

see

It's pretty scary desu. If you like cosmic metal it will make the album even more enjoyable

Most of the recs on here are shit tier
here's the good shit
Bathory
Vallendusk
Drudkh
Summoning
Agalloch
Falkenbach
Striborg
Nargaroth
Windir
Sigh
Absu
Iskra
Sale Freux
Peste Noire
Impaled Nazerine
Blut Aus Nord
Inquesition
Judas Iscariot
Mistifier
Berhiet
Wyrd

I am

What are some less known discographies to go through? Most recently I finished Judas Iscariot and Graveland, and they were both reward. Immortal Pride and Heaven in Flames are some of the best black metal albums.

>Bathory
god tier
>Vallendusk
garbage
>Drudkh
solid crap
>Summoning
goat
>Agalloch
liquid crap
>Falkenbach
trash
>Striborg
is this a meme?
>Nargaroth
kanwulf/10
>Windir
not very good
>Sigh
absolutely disgusting
>Absu
hit-or-miss (more hit than miss)
>Iskra
white dreads/10
>Sale Freux
irredeemable
>Peste Noire
occasionally interesting
>Impaled Nazerine
not bad
>Blut Aus Nord
mostly terrible
>Inquesition
fun
>Judas Iscariot
one good idea over 6 boring albums
>Mistifier
>Berhiet(sic)
underrated
>Wyrd
big ol meeeeh

your recs are not much better than shit tier either matey

>>Striborg
>is this a meme?

No, it's not. Striborg has one of the most interesting discographies IMO, and although he can be difficult to get into, once you do it's really good. Give Embittered Darkness a try.

Listen to side projects and bands Graveland is connected to like Infernum, Fullmoon, Veles

what would you go with then?

this is a nube who wears corpsepaint daily and bought a copy of mien kampf with mommies allowence. ignore him.

>nube

Okay. Striborg isn't even close to NSBM though,

Striborg is fucking genius

I meant the dude who was giving me shit earlier

He isn't phenomenal though. The shitty production and noise gets old after a while.

should have added this gem of a band though
youtube.com/watch?v=GeyTWcCQ5S8

the way he uses electronics is fucking incredible
sounds like you just don't enjoy truly raw shit to me

Obligatory Bathory rec. Varathron, Dawn, and of course Summoning might be fun too.

Not to mention his songwriting that goes nowhere and takes forever to get there.

>truly raw shit
>talking about Striborg
You need to educate yourself my friend. Also raw for the sake of being raw is really dumb.

youtube.com/watch?v=OQkIVuLufqs

Fair enough, he's definitely not an artist you'd marathon through. But like said, his ambient interludes and sections are phenomenal and my favorite in black metal. Spiritual Deprivation is an strictly ambient/noise album from him that is interesting. People say that all his albums sound the same, but there is a distinct difference between his early demos and tapes like Isle de Mort or Misanthropic Isolation, compared to his newest albums like This Suffocating Existence.

>raw for the sake of raw

That's literally how second wave black metal started though.

get into Mories. he is more than his best known project; Gnaw Their Tongues. all his projects are great.

>Gnaw Their Tongues
disgusting, horrifying death industrial/avante-garde black metal
>Cloak of Altering
*cosmic* black/death metal, but isnt pussy shit. it's wild and alien and disturbing
>De Magia Veternum
batshit black metal
>Seirom
if his bf was Jonsi and they made music together
>Caput Mortuum
blackened/deathened electro-industrial
>and others...
Pyriphigleklf@:(kjn#^@lcs is another good project

here is his bandcamp
>gnawtheirtongues.bandcamp.com/
by the time you get through his catalog, he'll probably have released another album

Deathspell omega is a must listen.

>I literally have no idea what I'm talking about
Yes they wanted to be raw but there was a lot of solid musical expression happening there below the surface of grim, frostbitten posturing.

Only if you hate yourself

agreed
they were musical and well crafted. Very mainland european vibe.They weren't fucking Dubstep on guitar.

Sure, there was genuine musical expression involved, but you can't deny a major influence was the "we're so fucking grim and evul and kvlt" shit Euronymous was pushing. The musical expression developed out of the image based start.

Are we seriously Ignoring Bathory?

Since the discussion was about second wave, yes.

since when was it about the second wave?
Also why? Some of the second wave was amazing but a lot of it was utter crap.

When the first statement in the argument was
I'm not saying Bathory (or second wave) was bad, I'm just saying the second wave was often raw for the sake of rawness, so discarding Striborg for that is rather odd.

black metal more like blacked metal lmaoooo

It's pretty irrelevant to argue about whether the image drove the music or the other way around. The point is that in the vast majority of modern black metal 'rawness' is used as a gimmick or because that's how their heroes did it. It adds nothing to the music. I would strongly argue that this was not the case with the best of the early 90s albums.

Just to be clear that's not why I dislike Striborg. I was just disagreeing with your assessment of Striborg being 'truly raw shit'

I can agree with that. But why do you not extend Stribog the same courtesy?
Oh, that wasn't me. I was just trying to say ignoring black metal that's raw for the sake of being raw is a bit odd, as that could describe quite a lot of it.

I may have been wrong, on reflection.

accurate as all hell

>implying Malefic could dance with a girl without sperging out.