I don't get it, does he seriously think he can just churn out the same shit over and over without any experimentation...

I don't get it, does he seriously think he can just churn out the same shit over and over without any experimentation, changes or shit and have people like his album. Or is he self aware and realizes that people will still listen to it and the title Future-Future is a referance to that along with the absurd length with 0 features

I agree with everything you said except the expectation of features. If you can't make a good project without the help of someone else you aren't a good artist, point blank.

That said, there are great albums that didn't need some features to be there to still be great.

I dunno hip-hop culture is just backwards. I don't understand why the rules are so different compared to everything else. It's so fake

he neva gon lose

He has a large following of stans who have been fucking with his music since honest and monster. I suggest you get high or drunk and dance to his music. It will click for sure
He is giving the people what they want not what they need - which is experimentation or something different.

agree with if you dont fuck with Future this project isnt going to change your mind. For Future fans already though this is just some more consistently good Future songs.
I do disagree that its completely like his other stuff. Production is more laidback and atmospheric than EVOL and DS2. He also switched his flows up more often than other projects.

>point blank.
your entire post makes me want to throw up

stay vomiting retard this album isn't good

this is a sizzling take

AOTY

i mean i get your point but hip hop is so much more personality based than other genres, i wish there were more collabs in other genres. Features can feel tacked on but when theyre used to accomplish the artists vision rather than just being there they can really elevate a song. An example of this is the features on Yeezus (regardless of your feelings on the album). Chief Keef and Bon Iver on "Hold My Liquor" are used so perfectly and blend so well into the song you dont even notice that theyre a feature, granted they arent really rapping so its not exactly the same. Same with the Assassin' verse on "Im In It", his feature is so obviously entwined into the song he doesnt stick out. They are all only used when needed to create a certain sound.

your white is showing

this is correct

but user theres only one feature on DS2 and that album is great

FEDS DID A SWEEP

I don't really think so.
Collaborations can be hype. My point was (even though I went off on a ranty tangent) that we have now gone so far to the point that people dislike rap albums BECAUSE they don't have features. That's pretty absurd. Collaboration is a uniquely popular trait in rap but it should never, ever be a requirement
shut the fuck up cracker
DS2 is amazing and one of my favorites of the 2010s. If you read my second reply in this post you'll see what I was getting at. I keep getting increasingly more angry with rap the longer I spend time with it (~7 years now)

nah bruh it sounds like Pluto except derivative of the real artistic statement DS2. Except he raps about bullshit because he's too satisfied. there is no ambition in this project at all

i mean thats what im kind of saying. theres not much ambition but its still good future, albeit with maybe some less quality lyrics than DS2 i guess. No one whose not a future fan is going to change there mind after listening to this because hes not really trying to step outside his lane at all. And i disagree with the Pluto comparison, sounds way more like Purple Reign or a more chill EVOL.

He switches his flows up, the production feels mellow as fuck and I like a lot of the beats, and there's enough rapping about guns and drugs and shit to piss of the J. Cole "All they do is mumble!" crowd, so I'm happy with it. Plenty of bangers.

yeah i mean i'm a future fan but i prefer his bare beats and that signature flow all over DS2. i don't think he's moving past that, just moving backward

i just dont get why he made it sound like hes going in different directions when hes not changing at all

I loved DS2, I even loved Purple Reign and EVOL which were both so obviously low effort. I thought I can tolerate literally anything this guy produces, but this one is just so insanely bland and boring I couldn't sit through it in one go

Fuckin joke artist that most of us won't remember in 5 years

DS2 was as important of an album as Straight Outta Compton.

screencap this

>he didn't make it to Poppin' Tags
lmao

Just found out that its going to be P-A-N-N-E-D by Pitchfork. Lots of comparisons with CULTURE. "Where Migos try new sounds and know whats going to become a hit and try new things Future seems to be taking two steps backwards etc etc" It wont be getting anything higher than a 7. Screenshot this.

true
it's not that good dude, some decent tracks but future needs to learn how to trim the fucking fat

As it should

Evol was better than this

>Makes his best song and releases it as a single in late 2016
>Said song isn't on this album