I am very okay with that.

Also Cul de Sac > Gastr del sol

obviously.

Earth > Grails > GY!BE > Mogwai > Tortoise > Slint

Someone give this man a medal

First two Tortoise are yeah.

Slint is one of the most overrated bands of all time

Amongststh first wave

Bark Psychosis > Talk Talk = Long Fin Killie > Magnog = Cul de Sac > Tortoise = Stereolab > Slint = Cerberus Shoal > Gastr de Sol > I'm probably forgetting some

>bark psychosis
literally the worst band

And Pram?

Explain
I'd argue that they're the best at what early post-rock was all about, and totally set the standard for bands that used atmosphere and experimentation without ever getting into avant-garde wankery

Forgot about Pram, I haven't listened to much of them but I remember the liking the album Helium

>complains about avant-garde wankery
>praises Talk Talk

Talk Talk weren't avant-garde at all, even their jazzy sounds were pretty clean. Their experimental-ness came from the unusual song structures and use of dynamics.

some of the worst opinions i've ever read
to place these bands above slint shows a fundamental misunderstanding of why spiderland is considered so good. Especailly praising fucking mogwai over them - mogwai have absolutely nothing on what slint did

also saying that slint are equal to cerberus shoal again shows a genuine failure of understanding. cerberus shoal for the most part were a normal post hardcore rock band with long songs - can you not tell the difference between the two bands??

you people just don't want your favourite band to be mucore - so you've made yourself like shittier bands more

June of 44 > Slint

someone's upset that others don't like his fav band

Maybe? I still think Tweez is excellent and there are a lot of good parts on Spiderland most noticeably the entirety of Good Morning, Captain.

>Spiderland Internet Defense Force pulls up

I just don't like Slint. I can appreciate that Spiderland influenced other post-rock bands but I think it's not very good musically, the use of soft-loud dynamics feel like a gimmick and the rest is just above-average post-hardcore with uninteresting instrumental sections. Especially when you look at their other work, Spiderland seems like a fluke, compared to something like Spirit of Eden where art rock and jazz were seamlessly melded into a totally unique sounding album.

Listen to The Stars Are So Big The Earth Is So Small. It's a beautiful album, nothing is really like it.

Will do
Always on the lookout for new post-rock, guess Pram just slipped my mind

Everyone knows Seefeel is the patrician's choice in all of this.

well if people didn't defend things as good all Sup Forums would be is shitting on bands

after reading a lot about slint i can tell you spiderland was not a fluke. Maybe don aman was, (it was barely practised) but the other songs on that album were religiously rehearsed for 3 years before recording took place - the band members were actively trying to make an avant-garde piece of rock music - and because of that spiderland is one of the most unique rock albums ever made. people can list june of 44 and cerberus shoal and a host of other bands, but none of them achieved what spiderland did. it has not been bettered.

the use of soft-loud dynamics is only a part of what makes spiderland avant-garde - like how talk talks image of "post-rock" wasn't either.

idk what to suggest - listen more carefully, read more about it

discount jazz rock

Cul de sac>Gastr del Sol>Slint>Supreme Dicks>Cerberus Shoal(not the post hardcore stuff you moron)>that one Swans album>Talk Talk>>>>>>>>>>>Disco Inferno>Moonshake>Stereolab>Tortoise>Jessamine>Movietone>Labradford>June of 44 > Pram

Not listed, not worth the mention.

>Mogwai>
Stopped reading right there.

>after reading a lot about slint i can tell you

Jesus Christ

You're what's ruining this board, just want to let you know.

Slint attracts those type of overly-precious fanatics.

DUDE THE DRUMMER IS THE BAND LEADER AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COMPOSITIONS THAT RELY HEAVILY ON RHYTHM RATHER THAN MELODY LMAO

haha yeah reading about music, who does that haha

Have you ever met the slint dudes? They're pleeb-tier. I have no idea why people drool over spiderland. It's meg.

Oldham has always been the brightest dude from that crew.

i'm okay with that

also Dirty Three > Cul de Sac