Call me one, and I won't be offended by it
Hicks and hillbillies, unite and get along
Rednecks, bury your axe with transgenders and be strong
Rednecks, bury the axe with transgenders and be strong
Rednecks, bury the axe with transgenders and sing along
Rednecks, lighten up and amend transgender law

When Donald Trump becomes president
Blame it on Facebook, Yelp and reality TV
And Twitter and Uber and Google and video games and every other thing that has turned this country
Into a bunch of dumbed-down slaves of technology
We wanted dumb headlines, well baby, we got it
We wanted instant gratification, right well baby, we got it
We wanted stupid entertainment, baby, we asked for it
This dumb motherfucker will be on the news every fucking day
And we willed it
He is a hundred percent full-on our creation
He is proof that we choose apps over education
He is proof of our mind-numbing Internet obsession
He's the result of our dumb-fuck-starin'-at-our-phones attention span limitations

People sittin' around hatin' on Donald Trump
We can't face it, but we asked for this junk
Not directly, but we fail to see
How our stupidity willed him into candidacy

Go ahead and take your smartphone out
Send a tweet to the world and pout pout pout
We planted the seed, and it's come to its fruition
Make no mistake, Donald Trump is our creation
Go ahead and have your 'Oh my fucking God' reaction
When he's elected, threaten to move to Vancouver, Canada, or Athens, Greece
As George Carlin said one night, "I believe you have to be asleep
To believe in the American Dream"
So all of us zone the fuck out a minute, get some popcorn, watch some Trump
Check your Facebook and keep up with the Kardashians

Whar did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VjDwit8ryEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will we ever have a normal Mark thread again now?

You can make this thread 1000x.

It's still Soroswave.

And Kozelek is a still a sell out scab fake artist.

He's not wrong

>gets even more strange with his inane rambling music
>album is also over 2 hours long
>selling out

This
You don't make an album like this when you're selling out, this is the anti-P4k

No

Mark is now DUDE DRUMPF-core

Complete and utter sell out.

Basically native advertising.

Just unbelievable really.

A new low for the co-opted genre formally known as 'indie rock'.

>frogposter
Opinion disregarded

Pretty sure it's an experiment to see how far his fans are willing to admit they still think his music is good when he knows it's fucking garbage. Benji was great, Universal Themes had like 4 decent moments, the Jesu album and this is pure trash though.

What song is this? God Bless Ohio? I'm just starting to listen to it

But user is spot on.

No, it's an experiment to see how fast he can lose the "9.5 BNM" crowd

I have Lone Star end at 3:30 so it stops before all Drumpf stuff

UT was just as good as benji.

Kys shills.

Hope it was a big check Kozelek.

Your career is dead.

t. Laura Snapes

>Complete and utter sell out.
truth
>Basically native advertising.
truth
>A new low for the co-opted genre formally known as 'indie rock'
tuth

Sad, really.

Jesu album is fucking amazing and literally historically important stylistically

And that is exactly why Mike Patton has hopped on board

Its a liberals think that people living in the gutted snake pit called the rust belt living pay check to pay check care about where some degenerate tranny takes a shit

*episode

>And that is exactly why Mike Patton has hopped on board
bwhahahahahahahaha.....that's not a good thing user.

Kozelek is a clown, sucking dick to try and maintain a (((mainstream))) career.

>Oh my God you're a music journalist? Do you get to go to SXSW?
>Yeah, pretty much every year. I mean the magazine I work for sends me out there.
>Oh my God that sounds like such a blast!
>Yeah, it's a lot of fun. I mean it's super hard to get into the VIP after show parties, but I don't know, maybe if you tag along I might be able to get you in.
>Oh my God do you get to meet the bands?
>Yeah totally, I'm friends with Jim James, Dr. John Misty, a bunch of people. Hold on a second, Sufjan Stevens is texting me right now.
>Oh, no way, I LOVE him. So do you get to wear laminate?
>Yeah, I mean it makes me feel a little self conscious, but you know, you sort of have to, you know, to get into certain shows.
>Oh my God that's so cool!

>Dr. John Misty

How can you listen to this album and I ironically say he's trying to maintain a mainstream career
Oh shit yeah you didn't listen to it you're just memeing because you were dropped on your head as a child.

You can already see in this thread that it's alienating a lot of people. It's definitely not trying to maintain any success.

You're in such denial

A bad thing would be if it was ignored or didn't even get another album. The fact that another one has been made and Mike Patton joined is validation of my assertion from the very beginning that it was historically important stylistically.

who do you idiots think you're fooling?

Dude is old and trying to maintain a career. I get it. I'd feel sorry for him, if what he was doing wasn't so despicable.

Sorry, dude gest ZERO respect.

You can't come back from shit like this.

Like they say... it takes years to earn trust and seconds to loose it.

He's done.

You can repeat "he's trying to maintain a career" as much as you want but that doesn't make it true. This is the most alienating thing he's ever done.

Lmao this kid didn't even get it
Laughing at your life family to be honest with you

lmao no
this was youtube.com/watch?v=VjDwit8ryEA

This is actually pretty good

>This is the most alienating thing he's ever done.
Except it's not real.

It's paid for bullshit, fake news in the guise of politics.

If he wanted to be serious about politics, and treated the world situation with the nuance and complexity it deserves; that's one thing.

But that's not what he did.

Let's call this what it is: compromised bumper-sticker-tier CORPORATE sloganeering and propaganda.

still shilling.

no content.

No argument, because their is no way to defend this.

It's literally anti-art.

Bro he says political shit maybe once or twice in about the most lenient and non-crazy way a person can
Face it, normals are not gonna like this one and only trve Mark fans will, you just didn't get it and saw he doesn't like Trump and pretend the whole album is "FUCK DRUMPF"

>someone paid Mark to make a 2:09 long album of him rambling about random things thinking that it would sell a lot of copies

>It's literally anti-art.
So then my question is why you think it's mainstream corporate shit? I agree with you, it's going deeper and deeper into Mark's rabbit hole that he started with Benji and my point the entire thread has been that this is the opposite of "selling out". It isn't anti-art in the same way that top 40 is though.

>he still doesn't understand it
>he paraded around his plebeian ignorance because he thinks it makes him smart
>he invents conspiracy theories to mask his inability to understand the album
>he uses buzzwords
Come on familia step it up

>because their is no way
>their

I like the grooves, the melodies are catchy and nice, the lyrics are interesting story telling. Stop believing everything is shilling and go back to Sup Forums

You dude can shill away all afternoon.

I've got other better things to do than to waste my time on this scab.

Anyone with half a brain who reads this thread will know what's up.

Dude took Soros money. Plain and simple.

(btw fellow anons, I'm pretty sure that the paid shills on this board aren't allowed to use pepe/wojak pics)

Has he lost it?
He used to write actual songs not these "beats" over which he reads his fucking diary. Fucking hell. Will we ever get actual music from him again?

Mark Kozelek's Robert Hunter (pic related)

This album was good

Loved Benji and universal themes but getting halfway into this one is tough. Chili Lemon Peanuts was pushing it enough with the babble but then he hits trendy politics way too hard after that

he's actually right

I don't understand why people are interpreting this as a "fuck Drumpf" song

he's literally saying that Trump is the result of how uneducated and internet/video game/smartphone etc.-addicted the millenial generation is

and he's right

he's not just crying "waaah #notmypresident", he's making a point about why this has happened

but Sup Forums crossposters think that making any negative implications about Trump whatsoever means that he's a SJW, Hillary shill, liberal, etc. there is no middle ground to them, they are obsessed, and I guarantee you this post will get replies with implications of me being a Jewish shill or something even though I'm just a long-time RHP/SKM fan

also nobody "sells out" by making a two-hour unconventional album. you guys are fucking delusional.

I listened to the whole thing once and I returned to a few songs today. I had a lot of problems with the album, namely the run of the mill drumming, poor production, and the fact that there were way too many moments where the music went limp and Mark just did spoken word. I thought the spoken word parts on Universal Themes were cool but this album just had too many. It felt like 5 or 6 different occasions throughout the album. There wasn't any songs that were unlistenable, though some were admittedly boring but not bad songs.

As for the lyrics, they aren't poetic genius or anything. Just stuff that Mark was observing while on tour and thinking about. Nothing particularly moving. Except for I Love Portugal which had some really endearing lyrics.

My favorite songs as of now are
>God Bless Ohio
>Sarah Lawrence College Song
>Butch Lullaby
>Bergen to Trondheim
>I Love Portugal
>Vague Rock Song (I thought the Zappa section was hilarious)

thats not the point, its shit music

Philadelphia Cop is complete shit. Weirdly reminds me of Pistol by Modest Mouse which is equally bad, probably better than this purely because of runtime.

>mfw Sup Forumsfags think any artist displaying an opinion that they disagree with makes them creatively or artistically bankrupt
>mfw Sup Forumsfags actually unironically think they have the ability to judge art

>he thinks Benji is better than UT

What's this meme that Trump won because of media/social media and technology?
If people actually listened to those things they would have voted for Clinton.

>bury your axe with transgenders
Opposition of that law wasn't about transgenders though.

So is it possible to create politically charged anti-trump album that wouldn't garner claims of being media shill?

Second, are there any leftist-charged albums that Sup Forumsposters like/respect?

Its straight up liberal propoganda garbage. What the fuck happened to the man who wrote Benji and UT???

I try to look at it as just a regular guy rambling about nothing.
These are the opinions of a dude that doesn't pay attention, but maybe watches the news every once in a while.
It's a look into the mind of an average joe trying to make sense of shit he doesn't really understand.

(in your opinion)

FUCK DRUMPF
FUCK THE SECOND AMENDMENT

....while i read news stories about islamic terrorist attacks

but no ppl voted for trump cuz theyre kardashian watching idiots, not cause theyre sick of lefty islam apologists

DUDE MY BLACK FRIEND DIED LOL HE WAS SO COOL

dude transgenders get in for free at my shows lol

DRUMPF SUCKS

WE NEED NEW GUN CONTROL LAWS

muhammed ali yassss muslim king

is patton doing more stuff with koz besides those two cover tracks??

Keep shouting shill you retarded parrot, it's working great

jesus christ is there anything Sup Forums won't ruin

yeah thanks to clowns like him, i'm actually more inclined to take the side of the libtards. they're objectively less obnoxious.

Seriously, these underage aspies who post the same couple sentences on every one of their posts have made me even more conservative than I was before

It's just one song though?

your a dorable

Does Mark not like Misty and Sufjan? What was the point of this part in the song?

I think it's possible to be anti-Trump but, personally at least, I think those criticisms are best targeted at him rather than the voters. As another user said, if the voters were blinded by entertainment and uncaring, Clinton would have won.

The issue is that the "establishment" have been misleading voters for years (heck, in the Podesta emails, the Clinton campaign even admitted that they'd been intentionally leaving voters uninformed to ensure that they're easy to manipulate).

The problem is that Clinton's campaign got blown a mile wide by the alt-media and the internet/word of mouth. People know the establishment is full of crap, what they don't necessary know, though, is who is the best alternative to fall behind (Trump makes himself attractive in this sense because he overtly disregards the rules of "engagement" and political convention in his campaign and thus sets himself opposite to the establishment). Whether or not you like his policies or not either, his recent executive actions have been more popular than unpopular as well, so people also care about the policies and not just the candidate.

Anyway, my point is simply that if people want to appear credible in critiquing Trump, they need start attacking the "establishment" too (i.e. the deep state, corporate donors, lobbyist groups that have corrupted both ends of the political spectrum), rather than blaming good people who are simply tired of living hand to mouth or paying hand over fist for half assed medical plans that by law, they can't reject (like, either go single payer or don't but the current halfway house just hurts everyone).

>As another user said, if the voters were blinded by entertainment and uncaring, Clinton would have won.

this is objectively incorrect.

you think there'd as many Clinton memes as there are Trump memes? you think SNL is doing any Clinton skits that end up being as huge as the Trump parodies are?

>He thinks memes actually influenced anyone let alone legal of age adults who could vote

are you seriously that fucking naive to the generation that we're in?

do you even have facebook??

I must be and I'm 18. Yeah memes are funny but if you think they somehow subconsciously brainwashed people into voting for Trump, you're an idiot.

how is it possible to be so stupid and so deluded as to think that anyone who voices an opinion differing from your own is somehow part of a vast conspiracy

Brainwashed? No. but Trump is objectively a more entertaining and memorabe human being than Clinton. And if you DON'T think that was a huge difference maker, then you're the idiot.

/thread

>tfw you've always acknowledged SKM as average-at-best trash and that Mark was only good during the RHP years

The shitty thing is that the songs that I don't like are the ones that I think go on too long. As in the length is a big factor in me not liking it, which shouldn't be the case. Length shouldn't matter if the structure works yet I think that several songs could be cut down and be better songs for it.

>sun kil moon
This nigga bores me to tears

Just started listening to it for the first time. Holy shit, why is this thing 2 hours? Should I expect a lot of filler?

its not a lot of filler, it honestly goes by faster than some other albums I've heard at that length, but yeah it's still long

>Dr. John Misty

I literally laughed when that part happened.

Oh no, he's making fun of fake people who do music journalism just so they feel good about themselves.

Benji is good indie rock, UT is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

I once had a 128gb microsd card with (at the time) all my music on it, and after listening to Universal Themes a handful of times I decided it was trash and went to delete it, and I couldn't because the files I downloaded from this shithole website were corrupt.

So I wiped the entire card and re-added everything, just so i could remove that piece of shit album.

>UT is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

Well you obviously haven't heard much music then.

I only liked a few tracks on Universal Themes and the Jesu collab wasn't great, but I love this. It's very spontaneous like jazz and really funny not to mention how much variety there is in the compositions.