Plagiarism in football

Here in South America there is a tradition of copying bigger clubs. Could be interpreted as a rip-off but also as a homage.

Gonna post a few "fake" versions of other clubs.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C._(Montevideo)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Colonel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straubing_Tigers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Panthers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Realpotosi.jpg

>Real Salt Lake

>New York City FC.

What's the name of that club?

>tlf

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C._(Montevideo)

Barcelona Sporting Club

Don't care that they have the same owner as Rayo Vallecano, this logo and team name is so egregiously cringeworthy, hope they never make the MLS.

Most high schools in America do this all of the time with NFL and MLB teams.

>plagiarism and muh tributes
>what are minor league affiliates in usa
>what are american team names in european hockey and asian baseball

This is the cheapest knock off I've ever seen

>>what are american team names in european hockey and asian baseball

wait what?

I remember the Guardian did some study about which Premier League club was the most popular in each country, South America was all Chelsea/Man United except for Uruguay, which was 100% Liverpool.

ioklhjioph

Ajax Cape Town

Henshin Tigers (whose fans pray to a KFC statue)
Yomuiri Giants
Fukuoka Pirates
Nishitetsu Clippers

The Hiroshima Carp also use the Cincinnati Reds' logo and colors.

>from Norway hockey league
>Kongsvinger Knights
>Sparta Warriors
>Stavanger Oilers

>from NPB
>Saitama Seibu Lions
>Yokohama Baystars

>from China
>Beijing Tigers
>Tainjin Lions

There are no American teams called the Baystars or the Knights.

The american naming style for teams is what I meant.
[Locale] [Adjective/Mascot/Whatever][s]

>Henshin Tigers (whose fans pray to a KFC statue)
>whose fans pray to a KFC statue

Holy shit this is real

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Colonel

>The curse was said to be placed on the team because of the Colonel's anger over treatment of one of his store-front statues

>In 1985, much to the nation's surprise, the Hanshin Tigers faced the Seibu Lions and took their first and only victory in the Japan Series, largely due to the efforts of star slugger Randy Bass, an American playing for the team.

>The fan base went wild, and a riotous celebration gathered at Ebisu Bridge in Dōtonbori, Osaka. There, an assemblage of supporters yelled the players' names, and with every name, a fan resembling a member of the victorious team leaped from the bridge into the waiting canal. However, lacking someone to imitate MVP Randy Bass, the rabid crowd seized a plastic statue of Colonel Sanders (like Bass, the Colonel had a beard and was not Japanese) from a nearby KFC and tossed it off the bridge as an effigy

>After their success in the 1985 series, the Hanshin Tigers began an 18-year losing streak placing last or next-to-last in the league

KFC has a huge place in Japanese culture. After a successful advertising campaign, KFC has become the traditional meal for Japanese on Christmas. It has a high religious significance. Not even joking.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straubing_Tigers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Panthers

this is the only one that looks like a blatant ripoff of an american team logo

>1940s vs 1993
really makes you think

My cousin played there for a couple years, when he first got there he didn't know about this and when people kept offering him KFC he thought they were being racist.

Sassuolo will unironically play in EL with a recolored Barça badge

I don't think this one was a knock off desu, arsenal in Spanish and English have the same meaning.

I'm talking about the logo. You're telling me germany had that cheesy american style logo in 1940s?

rly made me thnk

>you now remember Copenhagen Wolves from CS scene
And to be quite honest with you, [Locale] [Adjectives] is the best kind of name for sports teams desu fampai.

>being black

nice trips btw

That's why it's so goofy when US teams keep their old name when they move to a different state. We got Utah Jazz that used to make sense when it was in New Orleans.

The moving part per se is somehow awful. Must be heartbreaking to be a fan and see your team just leave.

It's never happened to my team, but it must be incredibly depressing. I hate how teams are allowed to do that and still keep the same name/crest.

>"San Francisco" Giants
>"Los Angeles" Dodgers

you can't really call this plagiarism, most clubs are "city name-f.c." (in whatever language)

La Open University

Da Steelers

They're about to fail and shut down

>not knowing the actual story behind Steelers and Huachipato's crests
7-1 desu

Arsenal is also a Spanish word though. In fact it probably was spanish before english, and it's one of arab origin

>la voz entro en castellano por el italiano 'arsenale', deformación del árabe 'dar as sina'a', casa donde se construye. Del mismo origen son dársena y atarazana.

How does that change the fact that it was ripped off?

If that's your definition of ripoff, literally everything since the inception of "art" is a ripoff. So what if steel workers and their unions make sports teams?

Because they used an American steel company logo to symbolize the steel industry in Pittsburgh.

Chile just copies an American steel company logo that an already famous American football team is already using

How the fuck is that not a ripoff?

Huachipato's original team was founded by steel workers.

Uruguay de coronado.

Founded 3 January 1936, they were named after the firstFIFA World Cupchampions,Uruguay. They changed their first club colors, red and black, to the yellow and black of Uruguayan giantsPeñaroland made their Primera División debut in 1950.[1]In 1961, they became runner-up to championsEl Carmen,[2]

And what does that have to do with an American steel company?

Really makes you think

Huachipato was founded in 1947, i doubt they cared abot handegg back then, or now.... or ever

AISI standards are still used or copied almost anywhere in the world, save for probably Europe where DIN sets standards. They are a really strong presence in mechanical industry. Literally every single technician and engineer has to read, atleast once in their life, AISI documents.

yea probably just a coincidence it looks exactly the same and both have to do with steel

Funny thing is that the ripoff has more trophies than the original in the last 10 years

Beside everton we have a Rangers

Yeah, we were founded by a catalan who missed his land and the catalonian Barcelona.

The question is, what the fuck was a catalonian doing in Ecuador in 1925?

>what kind of logo do you want?
>gimme one of them bayern logos in dortmund colors
>i got you senpai

No fucking shit this is soccer.
Soccer has a tradition of unoriginality.
Really reflects the ethos of the sport.

But Columbus is quite explicit they wanted to keep a big germany team color in the original arts, then the crest on the recent rebranding. It's literally in their media guide and logo guidelines that they were inspired by the germans.

Is Costa Rica the country where there is a team named after an argentinian boxer? I know it was from some centralamerica league

I stumbled on this gem once when playing FM. It's a Brazilian club that stole the logo of FC Copenhagen.

>Henshin Tigers
Hanshin Tigers. Hanshin is the name of their sponsor, henshin is what Kamen Rider does before he kicks people really hard.

Might have something to do with them being founded by steelworkers you think?

The Japanese really have a weird relationship with KFC.

Weren't most of the clubs in South America founded by Europeans with direct relationships to the original clubs?

kek they even left the Danish flag.

Probably. That's the explanations for the Geneva Seahawks and probably the Geneva Blue Devils too (although the latter changed to Geneva Lions which is gayer).

>seahawks
>landlocked country

We also have a bald eagle as the logo/mascot of our hockey team, and I'm pretty sure they have the only bald eagle in Switzerland.

Cucks

It's just the mascot of a sports team, guy, don't take it too seriously.

someone post crude South American Bart Simpson

Original

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

This one here is fairly subtle, props to who gets it.

crystal palace

Yep.

We love you Hódmezővásárhely, we do.

Isn't their nickname "The Old lady" as well?

No, that's UTA Arad, who actually incorporated it in their name now.

>Original
you mean yet another barça knockoff

There are only minor similarities between the two.

they just took of the cross and replace it with a cock wtf

wtf I hate brazil now

Not really.

Totally original lads.

Based Costa Rica.
Proud Uruguayan Peñarolense here

Mfw both the people and the club had a say in this yet they still chose that logo

This

But the chilean Everton was founded by the same english who founded their Everton. They do some matches between them.

DELETE THIS

WAIT! What???

they ripped off la galaxy logo as well

Kek fucking collas man