Who's The Best Rapper Of All Time?

From Scarface, Rakim, Kool G, Big L, Nas and so many others. Who's the greatest?
In my opinion it's Nas
>those verses on Verbal Intercourse, Eye of a Eye and Triple Beam Dreams
>Illmatic and It Was Written in general
>those hidden gems out of those "terrible" albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CikybHxxOB0
youtube.com/watch?v=bpMpjrxNhB4
youtube.com/watch?v=AuZ2LPy0dM0
youtube.com/watch?v=eLjXHrjV924
youtube.com/watch?v=UnZwFWrzYpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iVgm4DguSWs
youtube.com/watch?v=0wgVW8E0wU8
youtube.com/watch?v=gX9FhCKwrgA
youtube.com/watch?v=VZ-goz6Fjm8
youtube.com/watch?v=u0Kx9i8nLD0
youtube.com/watch?v=kWMemN1gT0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For me its Vanilla Ice

viper

Will Smith

gza

best verse of all time is jay rock on money trees

every time I try to find a rapper better than DOOM I fail.. I just can't do it because he is the best.

mf doom

MF DOOM, Biggie Smalls, and Kendrick Lamar.

I'd say Scarface. He's been consistently good to great through a long career, and nobody else in rap can communicate the dark sides of life like him.
Nas is a bit too inconsistent to me, Illmatic aside.
In a way I'd say Chuck D is probably the best rapper, but he's kind of bogged down by the always political subject matters. You can only say the same shit so many times before it gets old. If I got to pick someone to see live I'd choose Public Enemy in a heartbeat, though.

suburban white folk detected

R.A. the Rugged man on Uncommon Valor

J Dilla

King Sun

Doom is one of the best lyricists but not one of the best rappers.
My vote goes to GZA.

"Takeover" is better than "Ether"

"Ether" has inferior production and is just Nas calling Jay-Z a faggot over and over again.

They both suck.

Aceyalone
Canibus
Kurupt
Felix
Rob Sonic

shit

I got dubs but you got trips

ether'd by repeating digits

Everyone always forgets about Big Daddy Kane....

youtube.com/watch?v=CikybHxxOB0

youtube.com/watch?v=bpMpjrxNhB4

Too many of his tracks just sort of blend together to me.

Dont really give a fuck about the past but currently Slaughterhouse is killing it

I only really hate his R&B period.

Shit like this is my jaam.
youtube.com/watch?v=AuZ2LPy0dM0

Ether states more facts than Takeover though. Look it up on Genius

Just listen to No Vaseline.

/thread

G.U.R.U. and Rakim

Have you ever heard of the Artifacts? Kind of a similar vibe to me.
youtube.com/watch?v=eLjXHrjV924

Young Thug. No rapper ever has been as versatile as he is when it comes to flow and rhyme schemes.

>No rapper ever has been as versatile as he is when it comes to flow and rhyme schemes.
youtube.com/watch?v=UnZwFWrzYpQ

pic didn't upload
youtube.com/watch?v=iVgm4DguSWs

youtube.com/watch?v=0wgVW8E0wU8

youtube.com/watch?v=gX9FhCKwrgA

Dooms definately got some of the best production I know thatsome mostly coming from other people. Biggies got the best flow out of anyone. I'd give it to the gza too though overall

Scarface without a doubt.

slaughterhouse are perhaps the biggest group of bums ever who make music for rapey frat houses
i think you really should start giving a fuck about the past

unironically Kendrick

Red pill me on Eminem

Subject matter is mad uncomfortable but this is fire sonically.

charles hamilton sounds like he records on the toilet though

I'm convinced Charles Hamilton is by far the most creative rapper of all time. I used to listen to him a lot more than I do now though. His music was huge for me in high school.

youtube.com/watch?v=VZ-goz6Fjm8
Have some off his recent album in studio quality then

Yeah, sometimes that makes him unlistenable but for the most part I just like how unique his music sounds.

Favorite rapper? For me? Has to be nas. He's not only the fastest rapper, but also the rapper with most lyrical skill. His lyrics are sharp like a pair of scissors cutting through a pair of scissors on the paper. Nas the geratest, illmatic is a fantastic album . I hope you guys are taking notes because this shit is genius. Oh. Nas flow is like gargoyle. It only comes out when it wants to. Wait for his lyrics and be left dumbfounded you stupid fucking retards! Haha let me get a sip of coffee before i finish this post. Fucking losers. Nas is the greatest rapper for one simple reason: His flow. In my opinion? Nas is the fastest rapper but not only that the strongest rapper also. Nas is the strongest rapper, and that just really goes to show.

>sonically
you just need to look for the polished turds
youtube.com/watch?v=u0Kx9i8nLD0
>His music was huge for me in high school.
this, I watched the documentary and I went delving into it again.

fpbp

It's good but
>Not AZ's verse on Life's a Bitch

Charles Hamilton needs so much more attention. Did you guys see that documentary on him? Heavy stuff, covers his bipolar disorder and sexual assault as a kid

that's good but
youtube.com/watch?v=kWMemN1gT0g

J. Cole can drop some very thoughtful lyrics when he's focused but he veers off course a bit too often for me to like

Also his fanbase sucks. I know, a fanbase shouldn't affect the perception of the artist himself but they really are obnoxious

He is by far one of the most underrated hip hop artists

Nas is so inconsistent after Illmatic to the point I'm convinced his lyrics were heavily tampered with by someone else to sound that good. I agree with that hidden gem comment though.

Also my vote goes to KRS-One.

Nas has good lyrics after Illmatic though. The real problems with his later albums are the boring production.

When the entire industry and every MC mentioned in this thread says so, it's not wrong.

Gotta give it to Jay-Z. Didn't make the best splash at first, but few can rival his early work, particularly this album. He picked up what Biggie put down

Other stellar, if not equally talented rappers:
GZA/Raekwon
Lauryn Hill
Big Daddy Kane
Kendrick Lamar
Denzel Curry
MF Doom
Daveed Diggs
Immortal Technique/Eyedea

>SSLP, MMLP, TES are masterpieces
>worst three albums each have at least a few amazing tracks
>MMLP2 was great
>god tier technical rapper
>is the reason hip hop is as popular as it is today
>sold more albums than any other rapper by far
>praised by many other top tier rappers
>has been able to stay relevant for nearly 2 decades

I wouldn't call him the greatest rapper of all time, but he's easily my favourite. Don't see why so many people hate him.

N O F E A T U R E S

because only two of those things true and they are due to trailer trash buying a lot of albums over a long period of time

>So I spend doe on these hoes stripping
>She's not a politician, honey's a pole-a-tician
Then again that was a Jeezy song he was featured on so he's not entirely to blame

CERTAIN LEVEL OF INTELLIGENT'S

They're all garbage.

considering there is more quality music in jeezy's first album than in a decade and a half of nasir's garbage i'd say no, it is entirely nas' fault

Moon Man

Wisest nigga here
If jayZ was murdered after RD he would be the GOAT

Illmatic is the greatest hip hop album of all time, but Nas is too inconsistent to be the greatest of all time.

DOOM
O
O
M

I could never pick one really, I think it's kind of dumb to.
Scarface, DOOM, Earl, Kendrick, Jigga, 3k, GZA, Raekwon, Ghostface, Snoop, Myka, Black Thought, Vordul, Prodigy, Common, Suga Free, KRIT, Mos Def, Vince Staples, and more are all on the same level to me in different ways.
I could never put even one above the others because they're different fucking people lol
Kane the swaggiest man of all time but I can't call him the GOAT.

It's fucking Rakim. Almost any book on rappers will talk about how this guy rewrote how rappers did their shit, there's so many stories and interviews with other rappers where they mention how he broke changed the way in which rappers rapped.

>Rakim's rhyming deviated from the simple rhyme patterns of early 1980s hip hop. His free-rhythm style ignored bar lines and had earned comparisons to Thelonious Monk.[36] The New York Times' Ben Ratliff wrote that Rakim's "unblustery rapping developed the form beyond the flat-footed rhythms of schoolyard rhymes".[37] While many rappers developed their technique through improvisation, Rakim was one of the first to demonstrate advantages of a writerly style, as with for instance his pioneering use of internal rhymes and multisyllabic rhymes[38] Unlike previous rappers such as LL Cool J, KRS-One, and Run-D.M.C., who delivered their vocals with high energy, Rakim employed a relaxed, stoic delivery.[15][39] According to MTV, "We'd been used to MCs like Run and DMC, Chuck D and KRS-One leaping on the mic shouting with energy and irreverence, but Rakim took a methodical approach to his microphone fiending. He had a slow flow, and every line was blunt, mesmeric."[40] Rakim's relaxed delivery resulted from his jazz influences; he had played the saxophone and was a John Coltrane fan.[36][41][42][43]

Rakim is one of the greats and a pioneer for sure but I don't think that makes him the automatic GOAT.
Yes he invented what almost all rappers did from then on, but ten years down the line there were plenty of people who could rhyme and flow at the same level as him. He's noteworthy because he invented it, because of his influence, but tons of other rappers can do what he did.
So I don't think that makes him the best

Kanye West.

Public Enemy has shit production.

>J. Cole can drop some very thoughtful lyrics
Since when?

From an objective standpoint:
1: Nas
2: The Notorious B.I.G.
3: Jay-Z
4: Eminem
5: Redman
6: Scarface
7: Kendrick Lamar
8: Ice Cube
9: Jean Grae
10: Kool G Rap

Salt n' Peppa

For me, Clive, it's Guru from Gang Starr.

The Bomb Squad is amazing.

If Jay-Z was murdered after RD nobody would fucking remember him because it was only after he became a hugely successful music entrepreneur that everyone started to go along with his massive self-promotion campaign, hoping for a taste of that dough as they were. Nobody would've put Jay-Z in any "greatest rapper" context until Jay-Z got the power to change a rapper's fate or boost a show's ratings.

Charles Hamilton is just a tonedeff rip off

KRS-One has some of the smartest tracks, but he's so fucking pretentious and prone to running his mouth about shit he doesn't understand. As for Illmatic's quality it was probably just long hours of polishing his debute.

Nas.

cLOUDDEAD.

What makes you say that? I've only heard a handful of songs from tonedeff and they're mostly features but from what I've heard there's no correlation

Snoop doesn't get enough credit for how good he can rap when he wants to.

When he wants to throw down some bars, he does it.