Apologise

Apologise

I still can't believe people try and call a strong female character a "Mary Sue". Typical. Sorry she's not like Peach or Zelda.

jew wars the cucks unleashed

You first

I'm sorry you wasted your time watching this piece of shit fanfiction funded by Disney. At least you weren't stupid enough to see it in theaters.

what is it about TFA that attracts so much autism?

Seriously, I've never seen people get so mad over a movie being critically acclaimed

Star Wars/Trek was there at the beginning of widespread media autism. What's not to understand?

>$0.01 has been deposited into your Disney™ account

5 > 4 > 3 = 6 > 1 = 7 > 2

see what I mean? These sperglords are so convinced that anyone who likes TFA is a paid disney shill

people are more mad that le evul jewish company made the movie than anything actually contained within the film

>all the villains are tall white people
>all the heroes are short, brown, female or all of the above

BRAVO JJ

>$0.01 has been deposited into your Warner Bros™ account

Of course you automatically choose Disney's rival company, shill.

Black dude made the movie for me. Caught the Sup Forums hatred at first but damn if he wasn't the only original idea in that whole shitfest beside being the only character to have any shred of development. Some say he is the comedic relief but he wasn't funny at all, so maybe I took him too seriously.

his performance was fucking terrible as was the rest of this shit

>7 above anything

If you continue to go back and forth at this rate, you can make some actual money

garbage film
regardless of any poltical shite

no
It's as bad as I remember it.
Face it, SW peaked with ESB

I'm sorry I thought you might be good

The fact that this flick is even discussed whatsoever shows how fucking awful neo-Sup Forums is

I still don't understand how this was critically acclaimed and Warcraft got savaged.

its shit

>Are they a Mary Sue because they can't die and everything goes their way
or
>Are they the main character because they survived

Anyone that survives a major event will be the main character in the made for tv movie.

It's actually because they survive, why they're the protagonist.

>They'll survive because they're the protagonist
is the same as
>Because they survived, is why their the protagonist

you can blame luck, but she was a jedi, that does play into it

It's called jew money senpai

this film was shit

holy shit youre so fucking retarded

being a "mary sue" isnt just not dying

its being incredibly good at everything like she had all the jedi powers without going through any training whatsoever

also, no she wasnt a jedi, she had never been trained as a jedi

you aren't born a jedi

Episode 1 was superfluous. It served no purpose in the series as a whole.

Still, got the interest back into star wars and got us all the games, and tv shows, and movies, and all the fame and recognition for Star Wars that sci-fi needed to keep going stronger then ever.

The other 2 were like the 2nd and 3rd matrix. I liked them, but not as good as the orginal.

This.

ESB is the only truly great Star Wars film (ANH is decent). These movies are held to such a high standard just because its become such a popular franchise. Any SW movie that is only average gets relentlessly and mercilessly scrutinized.

The worst is when the autists complain when the films arent serious enough, yet seem to forget that theyre arguing the merits of a fucking kids film

Like being the only human to survive podracing?

She had special abilities that genetically tied to that kid.

Her father, the greatest Jedi of all time trained by Obi Wan Kenobi, had to go through years of training to get the jedi abilities he had like mind trick and force pull but she could do them from birth with no jedi training?

#girlpower

this is true, oh JJ...

No, it was a boring remake that didn't need to exist. I suppose they could make things more interesting with VIII but I don't think they will. It will just be another boring movie that tries to be like Empire.

>listening to stuck up "movie critics"
>2016

critic scores are the stupidest thing ever. who gives a fuck what some liberal arts degree faggot thinks of a movie.

>always go with audience scores

>going with audience score
>implying i give a fuck what a bunch of brainwashed proletariat think of the latest branded to hell AAA bullshit flick

Apologize for mildly enjoying it?

so true.

the critics know alot more about movies than most people. they are experts, we should listen to people who know alot about watching movies.

I can pinpoint all the problems when watching Warcraft more than TFA

I thought TFA was just ok. If I had to compare it to the original trilogy it doesn't hold up. Prequels? Well that's a low bar. Average movie at best imo.

>"What should we do with the plot in this one?"
>"How about another Death Star? :^)"

To be fair, Anakin was said to be the chosen one and was extremely strong in the force. There's a scene where Qui Gon and Shmi Skywalker talk about how Anakin is gifted and how he could see things before they happened, which explains why he was able to win the podrace.

That being said, Anakin was far from a Mary Sue. He killed a tribe of sand people in anger, lost his hand in a duel with Count Dooku, was manipulated by Palpatine, destroyed the Jedi Order, killed his wife, and was severely burned and left for dead in his fight with Obi Wan. Sure, he was "The Chosen One", but he was far from perfect. Rey, meanwhile, somehow knows more about the Millenium Falcon that the guy who owned it for literally decades, was capable of performing a Jedi mind trick despite having no force training whatsoever, was able to defeat an actual trained force user (Kylo Ren) the first time she used a lightsaber, and could even read his mind, something that only extremely skilled force users like Yoda and Palpatine could do. She exists solely to show how "empowered" women are and to basically be perfect in every single way. Hell, if the leaks are to be believed, she's literally the reincarnation of what is essentially Eve of the Adam and Eve of the force. She's supposed to be literally perfect in every way imaginable, which is boring as fuck because who wants to watch a movie where the main character has no flaws or real challenges to overcome?

The fact that you think Anakin is somehow comparable to Rey shows that you do not understand Star Wars, and your continued retardation and lack of understanding shows that you're the exact type of moron that Disney is pandering to with their shitty fanfiction.net tier writing.

No, this movie sucked.

IF the leaks are true (I'm not convinced) what is different from Rey being reincarnated from the eve equivalent of the Force compared to Anakin being Space Jesus? Regardless, the chosen one trope is really fuckin terrible for Star Wars because the whole point of the Force is that it can raise anyone, no matter how humble their origins, to do great things if they believe.

but yeah you just sound like le mra /r/theredpill gamergater so you obviously don't have a rational opinion on this

User scores aren't good either.

>but yeah you just sound like le mra /r/theredpill gamergater so you obviously don't have a rational opinion on this

Where the absolute fuck did this come from? Are you pretending to be retarded or something?

because warcraft was a video game cutscene stretched to two hours with no substance whatsoever and all the characters who weren't orcs were fucking terrible and played by actors who weren't even trying

TFA is a competently made sci fi action flick with a tight script and good performances and the worst you can say about any of it is that it's too similar to ANH.

The difference is, Anakin had actual flaws and character despite being the chosen one. Rey is supposed to be some random scavver from Jakku and yet she's literally perfect in every single way.

>but yeah you just sound like le mra /r/theredpill gamergater so you obviously don't have a rational opinion on this
Nice buzzwords you have there. I'm not saying I have a problem with a female protagonist, it's the fact that she has no flaws whatsoever and can somehow do things better than everyone else.

>Where the absolute fuck did this come from?
>She exists solely to show how "empowered" women are and to basically be perfect in every single way

This is clearly "hurr durr evul ess jay double you feminism ruining muh star wars!" rhetoric

It really was fan fiction through and through. From the ham fisted nostalgia to the max queso director signatures all over the screen. Like holy shit we get it jarjar, you are so good at sucking dick you were given the two biggest sci-fi franchises in America. Did you really need to flub the last scene to make sure everyone who hadn't walked out by then knows you directed before they see you in the credits? God, what a shit show.

>Rey is supposed to be some random scavver from Jakku and yet she's literally perfect in every single way.

She isn't "perfect in every single way", and I'm sorry you're using prequel logic and you think the Force is about power levels and 20 years of yoda school instead of spirit and belief. Rey being a random scavver who does great things because she believes was the entire point, dummy.

Name a flaw.

Again, nice buzzwords.

>She isn't "perfect in every single way"
Then show me where she isn't.

>Rey being a random scavver who does great things because she believes was the entire point, dummy.
Holy fuck, how can you be this retarded?

So where exactly does the movie have to go since Mary Sue beat Cucklord the first time they encountered each other?

>Using prequel logic
>Somehow it's better to use no logic at all

That's right everyone, stop looking at the things that don't make sense because it's all about belief in yourself and that is what the force is all about!

She has the opportunity of moving on to bigger and better things but won't do it because of a delusional hope that her family will come back, which she uses as an excuse so she never has to leave her comfort zone. She's the equivalent of the loser who lives in his mom's basement as a NEET/working a dead end job because he's afraid of taking risks even though he keeps saying he's "brilliant but lazy". She's also kind of a bully to Finn early on, and she fucks up the pressure valves and lets the rathtars out on the freighter.

now you're going to move the goalposts and say that doesn't count because you hate that a girl is the protagonist of Star Wars, and this is discounting that Luke doesn't really have any flaws either (because this isn't that kind of story) but whatever

>not perfect

the only thing she failed at doing was destroying death star 3, and that was probably because JJ couldn't come up with a way for her to get into an x-wing during the final fight

His dialogue wasn't Star Wars dialogue though.

>stop looking at the things that don't make sense because it's all about belief in yourself and that is what the force is all about!

except this is L I T E R A L L Y what star wars is about nigger. This isn't fucking DBZ power levels.

>My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us, binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force flow around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, yes, even between the land and the ship.

>I don't believe it.
>That...is why you fail.

You know, this was written by Lawrence Kasdan, the same guy who wrote TFA. The only thing preventing Luke from lifting that X-wing was his own doubt.

Where is the story even going?

>First Order Destroyed
>Kylo Ren beaten

What stakes are there for the next movie?

Disney marketers use that shame tactic to try and shut up anyone calling out their shitty products flaws.

Silly user, Rey is a feeble, victimized woman, that's her flaw and no sjw will ever admit it but that is why you will never see a female protagonist written as a real human. Because they have to be built up as flawless idols because sjw self serving logic needs them to only be flawed in gender and nothing else.

The First Order isn't destroyed and Kylo Ren is going to get stronger too. He is a villain who's at the beginning of his journey who has only just fully committed to the Dark side. Snoke says the time has come to complete his training, and we wll likely see a stronger and more confident Kylo in the next movie.

People really don't understand Kylo Ren as a villain because he is unlike any star wars villain that came before. People will complain about him being too different while simultaneously bitching TFA is too similar to other movies.

He pretty much quoted kathleen Kenedy, head of lucasarts.

>The First Order isn't destroyed

Their main base and weapon was blown up. They're done.

>She has the opportunity of moving on to bigger and better things but won't do it

And she left in, what, 2 minutes when the opportunity actually arrived? Great character flaw. Took all of a few nanoseconds to piss away that hurdle.

>She's also kind of a bully to Finn early on

And he still worships the ground she walks on.

>she fucks up the pressure valves and lets the rathtars out on the freighter

That thing she did that saved everyone? Yeah horrible flaw, there.

>Luke doesn't really have any flaws either

He a whiner, cocky, quick to rush into things, it takes time for him to warm up to people and for people to warm up to him (unlike Rey-Sue, who everyone loves immediately).

The best part is when Han Solo dies, and Leia goes to hug REY, who she's known for maybe 20 minutes, meanwhile poor Chewbacca who has been Han Solo's friend for decades is just ignored.

What a fucking Mary Sue.

just like the Empire was destroyed when the death star blew up eh

I thought TFA looked nice and that's about it.

Its not a star wars film, it's a tribute to star wars.

they were only the first order

the other knights of ren lead the second third and fourth orders

The empire was an empire, the first order is a small terrorist group.

The empire was a fucking empire. They weren't headquartered on the death star. The first order was.

>She has the opportunity of moving on to bigger and better things but won't do it because of a delusional hope that her family will come back, which she uses as an excuse so she never has to leave her comfort zone.
Yeah, I thought that part was kind of touching, too...for all of 2 seconds before she's running from the Empi-uh I mean FIRST ORDER, takes the Falcon, then flies away, never to return to Jakku despite it apparently being her comfort zone.

>She's also kind of a bully to Finn early on
Not really a "bully", more passive-aggresive. But even that's gone after like 2 minutes.

>and she fucks up the pressure valves and lets the rathtars out on the freighter.
Pretty sure that part was intentional on her part, and even then it saved the crew.

So if just anyone can use the force if they believe, why don't we see Han, Leia, etc use it?

>now you're going to move the goalposts and say that doesn't count because you hate that a girl is the protagonist of Star Wars
Why are you so obsessed over this? Can you just not accept that female protagonists should have flaws and not be perfect at everything they do?

how about you form your own opinion and stop watching mainstream garbage??????????????????????????????

>And she left in, what, 2 minutes when the opportunity actually arrived?

she only left in the first place because she was being shot at by the stormtroopers and didn't have any other choice. Until the very end of the movie she's constantly saying that she needs to go back to Jakku, she rejects the saber and the Force when Maz tries to teach her about it.

>hurr durr people liked Rey

I didn't know it was a requirement that characters in sci fi fantasy adventure series hated each other at first

TFA was fucking awful

worse than the prequels

It was a sigh of relief in response to the prequels.

>rey seemingly knows more about the millennium falcom than han does
why is this allowed

The First Order is an Empire-clone that still has the resources to construct massive super weapons and maintain a large, standardized army.

Anyways, if the first order was a terrorist group then how does 'The Resistance' make any sense for the group opposing them. You can't have both of them be 'le ebin rebel fighters'

>Literally what starwars is about.

Self control vs passionate indulgence
Natural reaction vs reflective decision
Luke beat the emperor because he believed he could? Solo makes a clean escape into cloud city because he believed he could? Leah makes it Scott free to the rebel base with the plans on the death star because... she believes in her self? No where in the original trilogy was the theme"believe in your self and YOU CAN DO IT!" A thing. Get over yourself and take a film theme/culture study course.

>if the first order was a terrorist group then how does 'The Resistance' make any sense for the group opposing them. You can't have both of them be 'le ebin rebel fighters

It's a major plot-hole in the movie.

>Until the very end of the movie she's constantly saying that she needs to go back to Jakku, she rejects the saber and the Force when Maz tries to teach her about it.
And then she just so happened to use the force to grab the saber in her fight with Kylo Ren, where she proceeded to beat him despite having no lightsaber training whatsoever and him being trained by both Luke and Snoke.

>I didn't know it was a requirement that characters in sci fi fantasy adventure series hated each other at first
Why the fuck would Leia hug Rey, a literal nobody whom she just met, instead of Chewbacca, an old and very close friend whom she's had numerous adventures with, after her husband (Who was also Chewie's best friend) was killed?

Because nu-males like JJ suck off the right people to get power in Hollywood.

The First Order isn't a galaxy spanning Empire but that doesn't mean they're operating out of one planet with 5 star destroyers. you know the galaxy is a big place and there's room for in-between

>So if just anyone can use the force if they believe, why don't we see Han, Leia, etc use it?

Who's to say Han couldn't use it if he tried? and we DO see Leia use the force briefly in TFA

>she rejects the saber and the Force when Maz tries to teach her about it

This may be the only actual bit of flaw/indecision she's really shown in the whole movie. I'll agree with this one. Still, 1 moment actual, hindering doubt is pretty gay.

>I didn't know it was a requirement that characters in sci fi fantasy adventure series hated each other at first

Typically in a story it's a good idea to have some sort growth between characters, not have everyone start right off as being best friends.

Ain't that the truth

because if you actually paid attention to the movie you'd realize that they explained that Unkar Plutt had fucked up the ship during a retrofit and put in a bunch of shitty superfluous parts. Rey knew about them because she had worked on the ship, Han hadn't seen it in years.

but I suppose it's easier to just get triggered by a female protag and call her a mary sue than actually paying attention

>The only scores that matter are the ones I agree with!!!!

Kill yourself fagtown

MANCHILDREN BTFO

>Typically in a story it's a good idea to have some sort growth between characters

There is plenty of character growth in TFA without having everyone hate each other. I'm sure if Rey and Finn had the same dynamic as Han and Luke you'd just bitch that it was a rehash.

She does use it? When? Is it when she feels that Han dies? I wouldn't really consider that using the force so much as picking up on it.

>Who's to say Han couldn't use it if he tried?
Then why didn't he? If anyone can use the force, why didn't the Empire have Stormtroopers who could use the force? Why didn't the Resistance leaders learn to use the force, if all they have to do is "believe"?

>and we DO see Leia use the force briefly in TFA
Bullshit. Show me where.

>I'm sure if Rey and Finn had the same dynamic as Han and Luke you'd just bitch that it was a rehash.
It would have been more believable than what we got.

List the exact line where that is said.

Who had character growth?

And it's fine to have a character be enamored by another. It gets ridiculous when everyone loves her immediately. Even Han Solo that miserable old fuck liked her within minutes.

>Bullshit. Show me where.

She feels when Han dies despite having no way of knowing about it. It's minor, but it's there, she clearly has a connection to the Force that she just never fully explored because of her duties as a politician (and Carrie Fisher's drug habits and weight problems preventing her from doing action scenes)

>It would have been more believable than what we got.
>whaa I hate TFA because it's a rehash
>why isn't it MORE of a rehash?

Also remember that their very first scene together is Rey beating the shit out of him and then doing the "hurr durr I don't need no man stop holding my hand" thing. They bond fast because they save each others' lives in rapid succession, Han and Luke never had that opportunity until they were on the Death Star.

HAN (CONT'D)
Hey! Some moof-milker put a
compressor on the ignition line!
Han moves to the corridor.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - LOUNGE AREA - DAY

REY
Unkar Plutt did. I thought it was a
mistake too, puts too much stress on

THE HYPERDRIVE--

HAN

(OVERLAPPING HER)
-- Stress on the hyperdrive--

REY
Unkar Plutt installed a fuel pump
too -- if we don't prime that we're
not going anywhere.

HAN
I hate that guy.
Han sits as, Rey hitting buttons:

try watching the movie next time nigger

>Who had character growth?

Rey (though it's pretty minor, it's there), Finn, Han, Kylo, etc.

>Han and Luke never had that opportunity until they were on the Death Star

So uh... roughly 8 minutes after they met, then?

Or maybe your boss's at Disney can write good dialogue and not white noise, nigger.

okay, so Han and Luke bonded just as fast as Rey and Finn did.

So her saying he put a fuel pump in means she is an expert on the Falcon and Han knows nothing? Congratulations user, you're a fucking moron.