Is this the best capeshit show on Sup Forums right now?

Is this the best capeshit show on Sup Forums right now?

Also a few questions, why do they need both black gate and arkham? Wouldn't it just make more sense to have a mega prison instead of two separate facilities?

I mean why put Penguin in Arkham and James in Black Gate? Wouldn't they just put Gordon in Arkham too?

(also damn this show is full of qt girls...just saying)

isnt arkhan an insane assylum, not a prison though?

whats the difference? Penguin was a murder/criminal and he was put in arkham same goes for their version of the joker.

whats the difference between the insane and just regular criminals?

Like where do you draw the line between being insane and just a criminal? I'm sure most black gate prisoners are just as insane as Arkham inmates doesn't really make sense. Unless black gate is just for small pity crimes like stealing.

Its one of them. Arrow is my favorite though. I think ones for more crazy people/metahumans and ones for normal crazy people.

>Arrow is my favorite though.

Don't know much about Batman lore, but Insane Asylums are for people who are court proven to be clinically insane, they appeal that and they go to the Asylum which is slightly better than Prison but they are still locked up and prisoners.

Got problem faggot?

>Is this the best capeshit show on Sup Forums right now?

No.

In the TV show Penguin claimed he was insane and the courts just ran with it.
Also Dr. Strange probably had something to do with it because he wanted to experiment on a celebrity criminal.

Can someone explain what time period it's set in?
I have watched a couple of episodes, and it looks like its the 60s and then they pull out their phones

Or is that just what Gotham looks like?
If it is, I want to live there

Yeah. I think Gotham is just like that if its not related to the Arrowverse.

It looks like a cross between the 80's Burton films and the Nolan films.

so I'm guessing 90's is the time period. They have computers and cell phones but only use old TV sets.

I don't think it is set in a specific time.
They deliberately chose a mish-mash of different periods so it could be set whenever.
The set design is the only thing the series has going for it really.

Thats another thing are all these DC shows in the same universe? I mean is there going to be a Justice League show eventually? Supergirl was CBS and everything else is CW and Gotham is on FOX and takes place in a weird time period. I just smell a Justice League show in the works.

Let's go with slightly worse than prison, bud

I prefer flash for its comfyness, but both are mediocre

Gotham is better, you dont have Felicity and some niglets ruining the show

Gotham isn't part of the rest. And they already made a shitty justice league wannabe show with characters from Flash and Arrow called Legends of Tomorrow.

From the looks of it Black Gate is a lot better than Arkham since they dont have Hugo fucking with you mentally there.

I wouldn't mind going to Arkham if someone there will give me superpowers and then release me so he can see how I use them.

That shows getting the Justice Society soon

It's set roughly ten years after the Burton Batman films, but ten years before B:TAS.

Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow are in the same universe. Supergirl is taking place on another Earth (as in a parallel-universe) but that show is still connected to the Arrowverse through dimension-hopping.

Gotham is something completely different.

Doesnt make sense separating Batman from everything else and also wasn't Supergirl in the Snyder universe connecting it with Man of Steel?? How does that work sense BvS has their own version of The Flash separate from CWs?

Majorly stoked for the Indian Hill monsters to go on a rampage.

DC has completely different universes for television and movies, they are not connected at all.

For some reason they killed off all the Suicide Squad members in the Arrowverse though, so they wouldn't clash with the cinematic unverse's rendition.
Basically DC doesn't know what the fuck they are doing.

>wasn't Supergirl in the Snyder universe connecting it with Man of Steel??
nope.
Actually, they just cast a new Superman for their series.

Everything can be explained by >parallel earths

That's the magic of comic book writing.

I'm really confused on this part since supergirl claims to be tied into the Snyder films and BvS showed Ezra Miller as The Flash and now Supergirl is crossing over with CW's Flash.

And Gotham is just a complete separate show. God it's like the Marvel movies with their damn studio rights. Is CW going to have their own Batman show too? Or do they not have rights since it's owned by WB/Fox?

The multiverse theory mate. Different earths that are counterparts to Earth-1 which is the CW universe. It isn't confirmed that the MoS universe is in there though.

They also kept Tom Welling out of the super-suit so people wouldn't get confused between Smallville and Superman Returns.

They're never gonna let Bruce become Batman.

Nah. DC doesn't know what their doing. Arrow already fills in the role as a dark crime drama.

>supergirl claims to be tied into the Snyder films
nope

Arrow started good. I mean I really liked season 1 because of its attempt to be more realistic. Like a budget Nolan Batman. He was even killing people. I was thinking "finally, no more half measures", and then his friend cops it and he decides to turn into a pacifist douche to "honor his memory" and all that cliche bullshit.

As the series went on and he picked up more allies I realized that more and more the episodes focused on these cringy little emotional moments, and then I realized it's basically a more grown up Smallville. It's basically just Ollie and friends at this point.

I stopped watching it at season 4 with Damien Darke. Tell me, is it still shit?

the whole suicide thing sucked
Deadshot was great as well as Captain Boomerang

I thought season 4 was pretty solid. Season 5 is going back to what made the show popular apparently. They already cast actors to play Wild Dog and Vigilante

OK so this is whats going on.

>Flash Arrow Legends and Supergirl CW universe
>Gotham it's own separate universe separate from DC extended universe which is separate from Nolan's films

God why cant everything just be connected instead? Its like the damn marvel movies not letting X Men and Deadpool be connected with The Avengers because of studio right bullshit.

Fucking capeshit I swear...

Basically, yes.
There's even more soap opera drama in season 4.

I mean season 3 was pretty bad, but at least in theory the whole League of Assassins stuff could have been interesting.

Damien Dahrk with his lame magic was stupid from the start. Neal Mcdonough was pretty fun to watch because he clearly didn't take this role seriously and just chewed scenery all the time but the character of Damien Dahrk was just boring. Kinda felt like a villain of the week that they somehow decided to make into the villain of the season.

>Is this the best capeshit show on Sup Forums right now?
No, it's Daredevil. Gotham is a joke show with cartoon characters.

This. Flash felt the same way. Both Zoom and Darhk didn't even get enough screen-time.

also just saying riddler is pretty great on this show so is penguin which makes me sad that neither of them were considered in Nolan's films.

Yes.

On the upside, it means they could theoretically do whatever the fuck they want in each series without stepping on toes.

Gotham can have its own Deathstroke, its own Ra's al Ghul, etc.

In practice, they won't do this because Warner Brothers doesn't trust audiences to know that Christopher Nolan and Bruce Timm aren't writing about the same Batman, but in theory, it really opens up possibilities. And, to be fair, proves they may be right about audiences being retarded.

Penguin would have worked well in Nolan's films since the focus on TDK was on the mob. They could have added him in that scene where the Joker walks into that room full of mobsters.

The fucking music in that part, goddamn.

I feel like I can't be objective about Gotham because if I were making a series about Batman, it would be exactly the same except with Gordon and Bruce's screentime swapped. 95% of it is taken directly from my fucked up adolescent fantasies.

>cartoon characters in a comic book show

How dare they! They need to have super srs characters like thousands of Ninjas out of nowhere to make it realistic.

I'm surprised they havent mentioned Ghul or League of Shadows yet.

Gotham is just a trainwreck.
They have absolutely no idea what to do with this show.

On one hand it tries to be a gritty crime drama and then in the next episode or even just after the commercial break it's suddenly a cartoony superhero show from the 60s.
It's really frustrating to watch because from time to time you have pretty good episodes mixed inbetween where all this weird character devolopment that seemed to go nowhere actually pays of and fits pretty well together only for the writers to squander it again next week to introduce yet another Batman villain who will amount to nothing (like they did with Mr. Freeze and Azrael).

I halfway wonder if they're trying not to step on Arrow's toes. Still, seeing the goddamn Court of Owls was wild.

On another show but they did have Azreal

They had a Queens billboard in one of the episodes

Yet you're still watching.

Yes. Once the writers got their act together for Season 2 the show's been top notch capeshit. And they have a fantastic actor playing young Bruce Wayne

>On one hand it tries to be a gritty crime drama
I really don't think this is the case. Maybe the pilot, but even then it's more tied in with the ole Year One/Long Holiday/The Dark Knight thing, where the fall of organized crime leads to the rise of supervillains. The gritty crime drama theme is just part of the old guard, which is crumbling day-by-day.

Corny nucop drama shitshow

I love the kitten too, though she's starting to look way too grown up now. They should probably time skip to compensate for the fact that they've got 20 year olds playing 13 year old characters

Sorry OP this is the best capeshit on TV.

Not saying Gotham is bad. Just lesser.

The girls 17 and Bruce is 15

>20 year olds playing 13 year old characters

She's 17, her character is around 16.

Because if they had Gotham connected to Arrow and Flash then they'd never be able to have an adult Batman interact with those characters later on, which is what they're hoping to be allowed to do eventually, and then they'd have to play it as if Olly and Barry came before Bruce and inspired him, and since everyone's got a massive boner for Batman they can't allow that to happen. There have been allusions to the fact Batman's already costumed up and active in that universe too, mentions of an out-of-control vigilante in Gotham and Olly saying something like, "We were gonna call her Oracle but that was already taken," in reference to Felicity/Overwatch.

They're trying to play the long game but right now the long game consists of waiting for the execs to say, "Fine, fuck it, you can use him," but it's not likely to happen.

By the end of the second season, both of them look like grown-ups but still wearing their kid costumes, it's jarring.

Alfred is based af.

I haven't even bothered with Flash because I'm so fed up with capeshit at the moment. Is it worth watching? Because I get the feeling it's even more cringe than Arrow is.

It's leagues better then Arrow. If you're sick of capeshit you won't like it though, it's probably the most comic-bookish show out of all of them, in terms of not being realistic. The main villains are great and make it interesting.

First season is pretty enjoyable and the second one is meh.

Its fun to watch, but you'll probably hate it
Wells saves it though

*wells carries it

ftfy

i concur flash s2 is underwhelming, but it's worth to watch until the finale. with what will happen in s3, there's plenty of hope for flash.

arrow on the other hand is utter shit. there's not a single redeemable quality that has left except if you're tumblrinas

>arrow on the other hand is utter shit. there's not a single redeemable quality that has left except if you're tumblrinas
Your full of fucking shit. I watch both shows pretty much back to back and arrow is pretty solid. Not as good as season 1 and 2 but solid.

well if you love a wannabe hacking-centric show fighting evil magic, yeah it is solid

>Ollie's new job
>Depressing rather than uplifting
Whats even more pathetic is that you actually think IGN's reviews are relevant.

i do know ign's not relevant, it always give mad scores for arrow no matter how bad the episode is. but never it stooped so low for "ign standard"

>liking a show ruined by OTP tumblrinas

I thought any normal reviewer would judge a finale by the last few minutes since that's when things usually go down.

OTP?

You know. Those one true pairing shippers who wanted the geeky chick and the hero to shag

Oh right yeah. Tumblr is responsible for killing a lot of shows. They feminize the fuck out of it and it goes downhill. It's why Arrow started sucking and it's why Sherlock season 3 was balls.

When tumblr gets its hands on it, it is kil.