Just listened to this (admittedly) for the first time, three times in a row

Just listened to this (admittedly) for the first time, three times in a row.

Holy shit.

Can we talk about this? Animal Collective thread, preferably not the new EP as I'm listening to their discography chronologically.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WSmuzEzeAeY
youtube.com/watch?v=0rh0xvLxIAI
youtube.com/watch?v=nIMUZa7x_ZI
youtu.be/k4n0rnaF7R0
youtube.com/watch?v=uasc_C20JO8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MPP > SJ > Feels = ST >>>>>>>>>> PW

If you want a ride, go forward from MPP to PW, and then backwards from MPP to Spirit. It's a trip.

Spirits > Strawberry > Merriweather > Sung Tongs > Feels

other records are shit

How so?

MPP, Water Curses and SJ are my favorites so far, Feels was damn good. As we speak, I'm listening to Graze from Fall Be Kind.

Leaving out multiple albums is already a sin
But I'll say claiming PW to be bad just because they decided to create jam of a lifetime 2 is wrong.

holy fuck

HOLY fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=WSmuzEzeAeY

Christ this is so good

Oh shit report back after what would I want sky. I love the jump from graze to that song

>tfw you'll never listen to MPP, SJ, or Fall Be Kind for the first time again

Top kek spoke too soon

I am JUST now listening to it. See I cannot, cannot stop smiling FUCK i'm nearly in tears over this

I wish I could share this, user

>How so?
I misread your post and assumed MPP was your first album of theirs. The order I wrote was how I discovered them, and loved it. Glad you're enjoying their stuff, anyhow. Check this single out, it's underrated:

youtube.com/watch?v=0rh0xvLxIAI

How and why do people appreciate 5 albums by a band and somehow not even like a single thing about others? Even with spirit they're gone as a liked one too, how the fuck do you not end up liking stuff like chz or another one of their early records?

Kill yourself

This was me when I heard of fall be kind. Actually it was 2nd listen becuase I didn't quite even comprehend what I was listening while driving to it;2nd time actually posted on mu while listening to it.

Buy a ticket to one of thier shows coming up in may before it's too late. Typically whenever I get into a new band its after they're sold out, but thier touring again I think

I have a ticket, May 7th here in Charleston. Got one after finishing Feels.

I saw them last year and it was mostly PW songs along with other classics. Typically the slow parts of the show were older songs, like daily routine and bees.

I really hope I enjoy PW. Daily Routine was one of my faves, same with Bees. It'd be nice to hear both. I'd really enjoy hearing Taste.

maybe shit is a big word

yeah I like some songs from the others, but overall these songs do not save the albums from being boring and uninspired filler material

I Think I Can is like a full-on adrenaline rush, that beat cannot be ignored. So aggressive.

Pw is mostly just about a good jam and staying energetic not really mysterious like mpp is.

Good to know, I've heard similar things about CHz.

Just finished Fall Be Kind.

I think I liked it better than MPP. Loved every track, actually. On a Highway's melancholy tones and What Would I Want? Sky really stood out for me.

i wish i could listen to this for the first time again

Transverse Temporal Gyrus is freakin' me OUT

On a side note, is this worth a listen? Haven't heard Tomboy or Comfy in Nautica either. I heard PBMTGR and enjoyed it, that's what made me give the rest of AC's library a try.

Understandably, this is the album I find myself coming back to over and over when I'm in the car or at work. Its just so catchy and I have such a sentimental value for it.

I recommend going to Fall Be Kind next just because its the sister EP. SJ next and if you like that, go into their back catalog and start with Spirit or HCTI.

I'm listening chronologically, just finished Fall Be Kind, on part 2 of Transverse Temporal Gyrus as we speak. MPP, SJ, Spirit and FBK will be in my playlists for a long time to come.

Nice. Spirit doesn't come easy to most, including me at first. Enjoy.

Try out Deakin's Sleep Cycle and Panda's solo stuff once you've digested everything. Tomboy I'm not crazy about and I haven't listened to any of Avey's stuff desu but Person Pitch and SC are worth a listen.

Just finished Honeycomb and Gotham. Really solid and I thoroughly enjoyed both; unlike a lot of the stuff I've heard so far though.

ITS TIME

I loved Spirits. I made sure to give it a couple listens all the way through - it made me feel incredibly uneasy and I wanted more of that from it. Too bad it ended.

Listen to the first song and disregard the rest

Anyone listen to the painters ep yet? I'm really likin peacemaker

C'MON LELELELELELELELE GOOOO

I feel like I'm on a non-stop rollercoaster. I need more of this.

I am convinced that Deakin's influence makes these albums sound that much better. I'm already in love with CHz.

They are decent. But I think I'm even more inclined to think they're just meh because of people praising them like this.

Then again I've only listened to MPP and STGSTV.

ive listened to feels, SJ, MPP and fall be kind and i did like fall be kind the most

APPLESAUCE IS DOPE

Spirit>ST>SJ>Danse>Feels>MPP>HCTI>PW>CZ
Personal ratings

How is this good? The lyrics are trash and the sound is messy as fuck.

Why does Sup Forums like barely coherent trash so much? It is not good at all.

I guess I like it messy

Slasher Flicks is objectively the best of all AC material, fite me

Fair enough, my dude.

oh shit dude are you a cofc student?

I just graduate in may, of course fucking anco comes through after I graduate

Nah, alumni. I live in Mount Pleasant, about to buy a house downtown. Oughta come back into town for that night, its gonna be a blast.

where you looking at? I lived on Pitt for several years.

I'm really thinking about it, is it near alumni night?

On Rutledge, actually. Its either that one or one way off on John's Island for half the price - benefits me too since I work from home anyway.

The Charleston Affair for alumni is May 1st, I believe. Better off skipping that and just coming back into town the 17th.

living downtown is so pleasant and peaceable. idk yr financial situation so I won't speak one way or another but cool my dude. I like JI too.

hmm, yes I'll have to investigate

Anyway! Not to shitpost in an AnCo thread--anyone else skip Painting With entirely? I used to seek down live recordings of the band just to squeeze out every available recording of their music but with PW I was just like, that does not interest me in the least. I downloaded the EP though which I hear is pretty good so I'm looking forward to that

Money isn't an issue, but if I buy on Rutledge, I've got structural/foundation issues to sort out, no yard, etc. I'm about half a block to Hampton Park though, so that's pretty legit.

I took a break from CHz when I got to Father Time and listened to Jimmy Mack. I now feel bad that I broke my promise to go through from start to finish, that being said I look forward to hearing PW because of it.

pw is sick my dude

Also Sung Tongs. Possibly my favourite album of all time, along with mpp

Just about wrapped up with CHz. I liked it, it ended a bit weak for me. Gonna fall asleep to Spirits.

Charleston-bro, if you ever climb at Coastal Climbing on King, head in sometime during the week between 12-5. I work there from time to time and I'm always up for tune talks

MPP > Fall Be Kind > SJ > Feels > everything else

>no

you're a patrician now

IMO
MPP > SJ > ST > STGSTV > Feels > CHz > HCTI > DM

I never like this track that much

with painting with after HCTI but before Dance Manatee

it's strangely comfy to witness a dude delving into anco and loving their stuff so much on first listen. thanks op

I'll assume you meant to put Campfire Songs in front of MPP

Reminder that Sleep Cycle is better than anything AnCo has put out in the past 10 years, including other solo projects.

Campfire songs after Feels

what the heck lmao
>Comfy in Nautica
I think you mean Person Pitch
anyway it's so nice to watch someone discover the magic of AnCo :'-)

Unironically one of my top 5 favorite albums.

this song is amazing. this fucking band is beyond description for me like it's super visual and if i close my eyes it's like i'm on lsd or something. i don't mean to use psychedelic as a genre necessarily but you know what i mean. they just have recorded magic and it's so pure.

Okay, OP here.

I put on Sleep Cycle because so far, some of my favorite albums have been with Deakin on the scene. I'm just now starting Good House.

This is my favorite thing I've heard so far. Golden Chords made me feel some kind of way, Just Am had me in a trance, Footy was a huge leap from both and the way its wrapping up makes me feel like a lot of love was put into this.

Absolutely. Sit back and get immersed in Good House because it's one of the best closer tracks ever recorded.

When finished, listen to this. youtube.com/watch?v=nIMUZa7x_ZI

Best live iteration out there

Spiritss and sung tongs

My favorite part of Just Am is when Deakin drops down an entire octave during the chorus.

Finished Sleep Cycle

The sooner I sleep, the sooner I can wake up and put that shit on repeat, haha

Night ya'll.

I was watching some of his live performances earlier and was extremely disappointed with his Golden Chords. I'd pay a good amount of money to see him perform Golden Chords with nothing but his voice and an acoustic guitar. Just the thought alone tickles me.

Also check out. youtu.be/k4n0rnaF7R0

I hope he releases more music this year. You can tell that everything he's put out so far had a lot of heart poured into it.

Deakin always had a way of surprising me, and I'm happy to see that the OP could recognize the effort I think a lot of listeners can hear in his work. I waited seven years for a solo release, I could wait another seven if its just as good as Sleep Cycle.

I do agree with that. I hope he puts time and care into everything he releases, but at the same time I really just want more. Sleep Cycle could have used an extra 10 minutes or so.

I remember one night around when Sleep Cycle came out I was lying in bed in the dark, questioning whether or not I should try to sleep. I ultimately decided to put on Sleep Cycle, close my eyes and completely focus on the music. It was a magical, uplifting experience.

Not sure if you guys are into this sort of thing but if you ever robotrip, lay back on your bed in the dark and put Sleep Cycle on. If you think hearing it sober in that way was magical you've got a real treat ahead of you.

Sleep Cycle is fucking amazing but come on... MPP?

MPP is alright IMO.

I'm a huge fan of Feels (not sure why people in this thread don't like it) and it's my favorite album.

Here comes the Indian and Hollindaggain are really great too. Strawberry Jam is killer and so is sung Tongs.

PW is meh and I could never get into Spirit

>Campfire Songs is shit
>Here comes the indian is shit
>Danse Manatee is shit
>ODDSAC is shit
>all their EPs are shit

Oh look it's a faggot.

no

Uhhhhh okay.

Can someone please give me a link to Sung Tongs? Fucking what.cd going down fucked me

In return, ass.

Looks photoshopped. Use Soulseek dude.

post your favorite rare track
>baby day

baby day isnt really rare. my fav rare track would be forest children risen.

but it's still pretty rare, I only found out about it recently when I randomly looked at the Who COuld Win A Rabbit single and the studio version of it is fucking incredible, real shame they didn't include it on an album

check out the 2004 other music boot. my fav version of baby day. it has them sweet deak harmonies

Guadaloops is pretty rare. I never realized it until recently but they took Guadaloops and put it at the end of Chores. Was going to try and find a youtube video to show it, but it's just too damn obscure. lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=uasc_C20JO8&feature=youtu.be
here ya go lad.

What in the absolute fuck? I couldn't find it at all when I searched it by title.

But yeah, pretty sure the vocal melody in this is at the end of Chores.

yeah i think i've heard it on yt and honestly i prefer the samples over the clapping hehe. Also how the vocals hit out of nowhere after a minute of just drums and sample loops, it's really powerful

JUST
AAAAAAA
SEC MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

IIIN MY

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

its unlisted for some silly reason

It's very Nick Drake-y

woah thats my vid damn

Ok now make one for Harpy (Red)

this is not that messy, can't you separate all the individual sounds in your mind? If not I hope you don't want to be a musician