Thoughts on Breakfast Club

Thoughts on Breakfast Club

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SS-05Mvn8F0
youtube.com/watch?v=dH-ipjtBikM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DONT YOU

Found it falls for the stereotypes the movie tries to break

The principal stating his salary is such a great piece of writing, because it knows it will date the film to an era where it would just barely be an impressive amount.

the weird girl didn't need a make over

Allison was my first crush on a girl, and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Why was Ally only attractive in this movie?

I have no idea why so many people have a crush on this girl. She's disgusting. Is it because they're disgusting and thus believe (rightly so) that this is the best they can do?

>tfw no basket case goth gf
and then they gave her a makeover

Agreed, she looked ugly and it defeated the purpose of her plotline. She only became popular and got boys to notice her when the popular princess girl gave her a makeup and took away her unique sense of style (and individuality).

My only thought is this:
ANOTHER
youtube.com/watch?v=SS-05Mvn8F0

Somewhat similar experience, except I was jealous of a robot.

youtube.com/watch?v=dH-ipjtBikM

I guess its like people that know Lea Thompson from "Howard the Duck" and not "Back to the Future."

ruined the whole movie

Love it personally.

One of my favorite John Hughes films along with Planes Trains and Automobiles.

>20-something people with no acne, playing teenagers

Wew lad.

Nostalgia fest that is actually pretty mediocre film

Iconic and very quotable, even if a lot of the acting is incredibly cringy

It would be sad if they try to reboot it. They could mainstream media would not be able to make it work.

Who would play Allison?

Anton Yelchin

Fun to nostalgia over.

But it would be horrible.

>all those awkward middle fingers where the actors sort of had open hands

Lea was hot in Howard The Duck, desu.

Lea, Ally, and JJL are all in the same "looks" department IMO.

JJL also auditioned for BTTF and Breakfast Club roles of the above two.

It was meh. The edgy guy is a faggot and the Hot Topic fanbase make this movie shitty.

What about the cute girl?

Overrated, I think it's pretty much a period piece at this point all the characters felt dated as fuck and it barely gave enough screentime to the characters who could have had more captivating stories i.e. (Goth and the Nerd) and focused on the Jock, the Criminal, and the popular chick none which were interesting particularly and they're character were so predictable and cliche it hurt watching John (I think his name was the criminal) and his whole shtick of you don't know me, you can't talk about me, im so deep I have layers, got tiring really early on at the beginning of the film I found him interesting but his character was overexposed which left me irritated by his personality especially when they revealed the whole "my father abuses me care about me" and how he felt the need to correct others and their behavior but when the other kids gave valid arguments on why he was a peice of shit he'd throw hissy fits. Honestly I want to say it was one of those movies you'd love if you were born in that time period and can enjoy now but it's overrated.
Also at the end I felt none of the kids really changed, they all sort of avoided they're problems. except Anthony Halls character who had some sort of arc which made sense towards the end. Everyone else was pretty much the same as when they entered.

>awkward nerd who tried to kill himself is the only one who leaves detention without a girl

10/10 most realistic movie ever made

Are schools really like that in the US? Like in movies with cliques and shit?

Nice get, yeah but now the lines are more broader when it comes to defining cliques. No simple Jock, Nerds, Goths, etc but they exist it just usually means the company you keep or your group of froends.

Which one?

The weird one.

I like her

I really like how they took the most sympathetic character and then revealed she was a total slut.

Who was a slut?

Weren't both the girls virgins?

It's called the Breakfast Club because every morning from that day on for the rest of high school they would meet early in the cafeteria before the schoolday started and share breakfast.

I might be a faggot, but I fucking loved it.

It's called the breakfast club because they had to be in detention very early in the morning.

Nothing faggoty about loving this movie but you are a faggot for thinking you might be a faggot for loving this movie, faggot.

The movie is shit and for faggots nostalgia babies with a disney image of the world.

go to bed, kid

dude the 80s lmao

>disney
This movie is pretty fucked up man, maybe you should watch it before judging it.

>tfw only got Saturday detention once along with most of the guys in my class back in elementary school for picking on 3 autistic losers.
Who /bully/ here?

>tfw no goth qt to cuddle with

I wasn't a bully but i was a mean bastard.

I would hurt people for looking at me wrong and fight dirty too.

>Pretty fucked up
It is the same cliche movie everyone and their mothers knew in the 80s.

80s movies were mostly happy and fun, movies like this are the exception.

Nigga even saved by the bell touched on those themes.

saved by the bell started years after breakfast club and was at the tail end of the 1989

Touched on those themes yeah, but for the most everything had happy endings.

Breakfast Club is not a happy ending, these kids are going right back to the same shitty lives they had before.

>the feeble dollar
whats that in a proper currency?

The breakfast club makes me feel ways that I always wanted to but was never able to in my own life. I love it.

It also makes me want to go back to high school and fuck girls.

Nice rebuttal man.

>tfw I was a mixture of all of them, in some ways we all were

The existence of smartphones/mobilephones completely kill the premise.

I bullied the fuck out of kids growing up, only to realize that's what it was years later. No regrets.

>principal guy steals/smashes their phones with a sledgehammer

>turns the principal into a psychopath and stereotype, therefore killing the message of the movie

I would hate a remake but in a sequel the whole smartphone/instagram thing could totally work.

Imagine one of the messages in the movie is how millennials are boring, useless, egotistical, pieces of shit they are, it could really be amazing.

It is pretty uplifiting considering the events take place during one detention. What I see with this movie is something different though.

When directors try to film teenages they always stereotype or make cliche statements even if they avoid it. I think stand by me or american pie shows a more fair representation of how groups actually form and evolve because not everyone is in a cookie cutter group who has a feud with the rest of the school even though these tropes exist to some extent. There is some gothic faggot or some geeky autistic cunt, but they are not representative of an average group of friends in highschool and many times it could be a mix bag or bonden by a subtler theme. I don't

How so? The Breakfast Club was showing that people are more than stereotypes. The stereotypical millennial is more than just that. It's like you learned nothing from the film.

>my dentist looks exactly like her
Hardly ever brush anymore desu

how millennials are boring, useless, egotistical, pieces of shit

Not like you though right lmao

...cont
I don't know, I just haven't found a highschool films that seems to really capture the essence of what a highschool life is.

Superbad, Project X.

Friday Night Lights is p. good though it focuses primarily on football.

Well i'm in my late 20s, my phone is many years old, i don't have any social media profiles, and i work instead of leeching off my parents.

I would say i differ from most millennials.

>Superbad
>Project X
To unplausible bruh, I do love them though.
>Friday Night Lights
Hmmm maybe.

The whole reason the movie works is because they're all locked in a library with nothing to do, thereby forcing them to interact with each other which they normally wouldn't do otherwise. If they all have smartphones then they're obviously all going to just spend the detention stuck to them and then nothing will happen.

I guess it might still work if the poor kid doesn't have one and starts trying to do stuff with/to the others.

They took your phones away in detention. Graduated four years ago.

Is saturday detention even still a thing? Seems somethig a lot of yoga moms would protests and ban.

the principal in this movie is someone who feels like he's lost connection with how the youth think and act and is enforcing this new detention policy which is supposed to be incredibly strict

what the fuck makes you think he's going to let them keep their cell phones?

Also he literally threatens to physically assault Bender

st. elmo's fire was better.

If you could be one character from this movie who would it be?

the jock because he gets with the best girl.

most overrated piece of shit ive ever seen

Anyone under the age of 34 is a millennial, fucktard.

So is Fast Times

On the contrary, remove the smartphones and the movie becomes about rediscovering what it's like to get bored with people you don't know

>he has acne
kys sempai

the goth girl

FORGET ABOUT ME