Im joining the army in a few weeks. The only role I've ever wanted is driving a tank...

Im joining the army in a few weeks. The only role I've ever wanted is driving a tank. After I return from service in the future, what other jobs can I get? Truck Driver?

You can get whatever job you want.

If you are asking what jobs would be similar to driving a tank then I would say some kind of heavy machinery operator for a mining/logging/road building company.

You can become a tank driver. But trust me, you will never be as cool as fascist invaders or a communist steam roller. The best enemy you will fight will be sandpeople.

None because you will have PTSD and wil an hero 3 months after you return when you hear the school bell from your neighborhood ringing

pretty much bro.
if you do go to be an iron head got to classes/college......go to classes.
while your in they pay for your school and you save your gi bill for after.
most often its better to get ans mos in something you'll study and do after your out.
i was dumb/smart and did 12 years in the airborne/infantry and went air assault.
i have 42 months deployed in combat and have been wounded once.
even with college many companies acually don't want to hire vets due to us being too pushy and not always avoiding rubbing some nerve from time to time.
if you go, serve well.
take picks of your team, dont fucking blue falcon (you learn that one)
dont be a sick call ranger either.
go work hard and never forget your all in that shit together.
Curahee!

prepare your anus
bcus snipers can literally snipe gunners/drivers
tanks are really shitty vehicles of war tbh.

How the fuck would the snipers be able to get the people inside the tank?

ever heard of a 50cal?

Tom hanks blew up a tank with a pistol dumbass

No you retard. 50 cal can not penetrate a modern tank anywhere. If there is slits in the tank then a bullet could go through the slit but I think those slots and view holes were only in ww2 era tanks.

those poor bastards where such easy targets for ied's rpg ambush and they kept getting shitty explosives dropped onto them prom buildings and over passes.... they where practically sitting ducks often.
you cant see much of wtf is going on outside of the tank with the hatches closed and maintenance drills ever monday, friday wears you down fast.
half the fleet s often only 60-75% combat ready due to outdated parts or mant issues
and doing "tabletops" (tank range) is shit.
living in that thing in near any season blows ass.

>Wants to be a tank crewman
>Asks: "After I return from service in the future, what other jobs can I get?"

Lol

Have fun digging ditches for the rest of your life, you dumb ass tanker.

wrong, and fucking stupid.
>If there is slits in the tank then a bullet could go through the slit
correct
>those slots and view holes were only in ww2 era tanks.
incorrect. also the space between the mount and the body of the tank is easily penetrated.

An army retard can probably get a job at a gas station or something, if you don't get your legs blown off and ultimately kill yourself that is.

>Im joining the army in a few weeks.
Does this mean you've already enlisted or you are going to in a few weeks?

>>If there is slits in the tank then a bullet could go through the slit
>correct
>>those slots and view holes were only in ww2 era tanks.
>incorrect. also the space between the mount and the body of the tank is easily penetrated.

>>>>snipers/50cals cant kill people in the tank, even though I just said it was possible.
>>>>im a fucking faggot

don't forget crane operator for docks. really good money in that.

We've only got 50 odd, g/l getting a gig doing that, not being sarcastic.

we both know you tried to say you could shoot through the body/mount of a tank with a 50cal, which is why you're retarded.
stop trying to save face on an anonymouse image board you stupid fucking faggot.

Ex armed forces driver here

You're trained to drive any vehicle in a milatary fashion so when you leave you have all required license types

They also teach you to hot wire
My advice is pass your civvi driving test first and then join up or else you'll drive round your local streets as if if we're Baghdad.

Fag I'm going to be a marine

Yes he can Digg ditches for the rest of op life but
Did you know that a tank Hase the same setup as an excavator
Like operating the the pedals to make the machine to move and the turbo

See

Enjoy sitting in your ass doing jack shit, hitting 50 in a Bradley over bumps and hitting your head on a grab bar

You don't "drive" a tank, you are in teams that drive together. So don't think your gonna be racing around in the sand blowing villages up.

Seeing it's a picture of the Australian army you'll probably be deployed at some oil field playing security.

I was a aircraft refueler, shit was so boring. I got my Associates degree my first 2 years in because I had so much free time.

After getting that I went through all the loop holes and became an Infantry Officer, then to desk clerk.

I got all my schooling done for free, but prepare yourself for buttfuckery and miss guided fun.

I would pick something that has a higher level of thinking and can translate to other MOSs and occupations because your gonna hate yourself for 4 years.

Enjoy the ride faggot, make sure you wear ear protection and make sure you don't fall for the exhaust gag.

Have fun breaking track, asshole. Make sure you do that shit in the mud.