So I start working at Subway on tuesday...

So I start working at Subway on tuesday. Im currently training at a different location and I have never worked with fast food before and it is extremely fast paced. Any advice on how to make sandwiches faster and also how to not burn your fingers when taking sandwiches out of the oven would be much appreciated. Also any advice in general. Thanks

>how to make sandwiches faster
move your hands faster, you dumb nigger
>how not to burn your fingers
wear gloves

>how to not burn your fingers
Don't be a pussy. Seriously you gotta get kitchen fingers, build up some calluses.
I can grab a pan straight out of an oven without pain, but that might be too much to expect from a fast food employee.

Working at sub way,
Footlong baguette,
Make me a sandwich bitch coz,
>read pic

>88 XD nice meme you NAZI
source?

Hey OP
working in kitchens past 8 years.
>Ovens
Don't touch the metal, touch paper only. Use spatula thing to best of ability.
> Moving quick
mise en place motherfucker. Always have shit set up so you can use it quickly, and when you need it

Otherwise, it's fucking subway, don't take it too seriously.

tell them to bring Coca Cola back because Pepsi fucking sucks and Subway should feel bad for switching over

Subway is easy as shit. Speed comes with practice, once all customers are gone clean and prep. Then get an education because Subway fucks your brain. You'll be on autopilot way more than any other job.

>read up user

I fucking hate the "everywhere else does it" bullshit. You're here because you got told "no" there.

well i walk 2 extra blocks to go to a different subway because they don't charge me for extra cheese like the closer one. maybe 3 out of 5 subways charges in my experience; it's usually the busier ones that don't, go figure

I used to get shit like that by flirting and joking. Busier ones don't because the salad person doesn't see the extra cheese after toasting or just forgets.

When toasting, allow some of the parchment paper to hang slightly over the toasting mat so you can grab the mat with the paper. NZsubfag here.

Hi OP,
> How to make subs fast

If you're in europe, don't sweat it so much. There is a learning period to this, and you'll work slowly at the beginning, then pick up the pace.

I don't know how it is in the states, but I've heard a lot of horror stories about bad managers. So the best advice I can give then is never let them see you sweat.. Hopefully, a bright smile and enthusiastic butt-licker attitude will give you the window needed to practice the speed.

Making subs really isn't that complicated, the speed advantage is one that comes with experience, not from "smart choices". Top up your energy with some caffeine before coming to work, always smile, and ALWAYS WEAR THE DAMN GLOVES.

Best of luck OP.

stop laying the meat in the middle of the two halfs of bread completely flat. fucking autist assholes always do this near me. put the meat on the bottom half only and dont just lay it flat, bunch it up a bit for more volume.

Officially meat has to go on top.

How can you stand the smell?
I won't even go in there to buy a sandwich.
>All Subways smell funny

Half the customers come in and say how much they love the smell. When I worked there my girlfriend fucking loved the smell on me when I got home. Its toasted parmesan and shit.

well thats fucking stupid. is it gravity defying meat?

Supposed to be a 45 degree hinge cut. Meat on top half. We were told if the customer looked like a big ole fatso to lay the sliced meats flat because you can't fit all salads on without the thing exploding.

Get a proper job you piece of shit.

Its a good job to do while you're studying.

well dont do that. its fucking stupid. i have to take apart the samiche every time and rebuild the fuckin thing after the autist fuck behind the counter fucks it up

yeah, he's the autistic one. . .

depends on the management.. Technically nothing is supposed to be free, but subs like the chicken bacon ranch and philly cheese steak (not the steak and cheese) get free double cheese. [spoiler]The Sandwich artist will never tell you this.[/spoiler] If the employee has an idea of how much CBR theyve sold without foegiving the free extra cheese they might be more lenient toward giving it to you. It also depends on how much they like you which isn't alot.

a samiche should look a kin to this.
two pieces of bread with meat in the middle.
bread is not a hinge

how are they autistic for making the sandwich how they're trained? This isn't just you're area, this is universally how every employee is trained to cut bread and build sandwiches

question everything user

1. Be fat
2. Lose Weight
3. Molest Children
4. ???
5. Profit

Another ex sandwich artist here

It's mostly yeast from the bread proofing/baking. The smell will never come out of the clothes you wear when you work there, by the way. Set aside separate pants or whatever else they don't provide as part of the uniform, because you won't be able to use them for anything else.

Meat goes on the "top" side, but there's not supposed to be anything over the center of the "hinge" in the bread. However, subway employees are generally shit-tier, even by fast food standards, and don't give a shit. Turnover is high; training is half-assed.

Knowing that kind of detail AND giving a shit is more than you can expect from most of the people who work at Subway, even if their manager is on their ass about it. In my experience, managers who care are more likely to want their people to jew the customers anyway.

Yeah, hurry it up through college.