Why is this show getting so much praise? It's plotholed as fuck

Why is this show getting so much praise? It's plotholed as fuck.

>how does the park actually run?
This isn't necessarily a plothole as much as it is poor exposition. We're 6 episodes in so far and there is no explanation whatsoever as to how Westworld actually works.

>Hosts can't hurt guests...until they can
In the first episode we were told that Hosts can't physically harm the guests. Now we're seeing Hosts punch and strangle guests and all sorts of shit.

This show has a really great concept and has flashes of brilliance but the writing is terrible.

Other urls found in this thread:

dsm.psychiatryonline.org/doi/book/10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia
youtube.com/watch?v=enhlLcHQVQc
cheesespin.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=zBpoarrRAM0
youtube.com/watch?v=UXl5ajyf54I
youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dont tell us how park is run
I assume they plan on getting there, seems like theyre working backwards as far as thats concerned. Panning out to the big picture, figuring out who that dead co-owner dude was, etc is part of the plot i think. Theyre trying to be mysterious

>hosts cant hurt you but oh wait they can
This one i dont get either, but fuck it, ill roll with it.

Yeah I get they're trying to be mysterious but I would still like some exposition as to how the park actually works. Like, where is it exactly? Can those elevators access anywhere? Is Westworld just a massive dome or what?

Maybe if OP watched the original he wouldn't be such a fag about this.

I shouldn't have to watch the original. The show is it's own thing, and should provide basic exposition.

I've operated under the assumption that they mean hosts cannot kill guests, but they can hurt them a littke.

I think this is supposed to be the main conflict/mistery of the show, cause it looks like even the people running the park don't know how the guests are able to hurt people (also i remember it saying somewhere that they can actually hurt you if you want a more authentic experience, but it will never be anything permanent or life-threatening)

What's the fun of having everything explained? Also you can't have plot holes if the show isn't even finished yet. This is an hbo show and they love to take there time

It's Future Science!

That's all you need to know.

This. It's not a plot hole, it IS the plot.

People want cheap thrills on a rollercoaster but the ride just flew off the rails.

>The show is it's own thing

And the skeletons are ...?

Part of it.

Agreed completely. I can't even watch a whole episode all the way through because they are losing me with all these story lines that seem to be going no where. It's a mess of ideas that they decided to put into a show and hope that works out in the end. Which it doesn't.

Doesn't surprise me that you guys are too retarded for this show.

I suppose you couldn't follow Person of Interest either.

>thinks he knows what is going on but won't be able to explain.

sure thing buddy.

I like the show. Let it finish it's first season before you decide it's full of plot holes.

>Doesn't surprise me that you guys are too retarded for this show.

^this

You're missing the part where by not explaining it, you all get to talk about what you think is happening and then when they reveal it, you all get to be either justified or laughed at. Keeping you in suspense is the whole point of the thriller genre.

you're too retarded for this show?

Hurr dur ya got me

Except it feels like they are making it up from episode to episode. Like the writers themselves have no idea what they are planning or whether they can cover their plot holes.

"a wizard did it"

I used to be a hater too
also the is not for tards

Dident they hint at Host Tech been used in millitery applications.

So the show could go full on sinyhetic uprising.
For some reason I think that would be kinda boring.

"Hosts can hurt you but of wait they can"?

Just going to through this out there, that the "game" gets harder the farther you go out, and that story with the two dudes, are purposely going farther out. So with that, I assume that since they are going farther out, and it is getting harder, that screams to me, that the hosts have a bit more of a push when it comes to messing with the guests, thats just normal.

Okay you know what's confusing? So like the wworld area is virtual reality? Or is it real? Because they have the robots in a ROoM transmitting their mind to several different games. But then when person dies in west world it affects real life? Seriously good show but in their attempt to not reveal too much they made it super conveluded.

/thread

op is too much of a retard to spend four hours watching the two movies this is based on

Also, they make it obvious the movies are prologue to the events in the series

Explain the show then instead of talking shite.

Moviesauce

This exactly. That was the first thing I thought when they told us the park become harder and more crazy the further out you go.

You're an idiot. Hosts can hurt guests, they just can't kill them or do anything permanent. They get more violent as the quests get harder, further away from the starting area. They specifically say that when the Mcpoyle gets shot and gets a little mark from the blank and his buddy tells him that they can't kill them, but can rough them up a bit.

Makes sense, since it would be incredibly immersion breaking if all of the Westworld was just easy peasy god mode.

How do you miss this, you dumb fag?

No, Westworld is not in VR. They made zero indication that it is. It's in real life, possibly on another planet.

>plotholed
>only 2 examples he can think of to start are some basic, uninteresting questions that the show itself poses several times

are you some kind of retard? are you going to ask "what's so great about a maze" next?

it's getting praise because its a good show. the shit you listed are not plotholes, and the plotholes that exist don't ruin the experience. maybe you shouldn't watch series that are aimed at adults.

Believe it or not, the movie is called West world

>how does the park actually run?
it's a rich people theme park where you can fuck/kill the mascots and go nearly anywhere
they're robots who can fuck up and go terminator sometimes. Maybe it's an intentional flaw by the old white haired dude for some nefarious end.

it's hinted at that the show takes place a few decades after the movie did

wouldn't be surprised if the "Hosts" were the same as replicants in Blade Runner

Also they say the experience of the park get harder the farther from the center you go. Well, the main 3 people are pretty far out now, I think it's meant to be tough.

itt: people who haven't realized that westworld is just a vehicle to introduce the public to concepts and ideas that will be coming in the real world soon. predictive programming. that is why the plots make no sense. there have been multiple plot lines that they started to introduce and then forgot about when they no longer needed them to show degenerate shit.

westworld is nothing more than predictive programming for a post human society

>introduce
these themes and settings are about 100 years old, if not more. what are you talking about?

The lack of exposition is the main attraction of a show like this. If the lack of hand holding, and the expectation of having to piece things together yourself, is just too much, this isn't the sort of show for you. Try trailer park boys, it's probably much more your sort of thing.

minor plot lines, like that lesbian chick who they were introducing for a few episodes who then went off and saw the 'scary indians' and went "holy fucking shit" or whatever and now she has never been seen since.
they spent quite a bit of time on her and now she's disappeared.

there is a lot of shit included in the show that has nothing to do with any plots and is purely a vehicle to show gratuitous / occult shit

any show that is hyped this long before its release (i remember seeing the first trailers for this 2 or more years ago) is always peppered with occult symbolism

surely enough, this is the same. you should watch an analysis of all the symbolism.

First episode black programmer dude States it is against their programming 2 be able to kill a living thing. Then he States that the creator has pushed out updates so they can access old memories and that it's messing with some of the robots. At the end of the first episode we see the white chick waking up on her Farm and she proceeds to crush a fly that landed on her neck. The whole first episode was to show that they weren't supposed to be to living things but now the programing is being fucked with and they are actually able to actually kill things. Did you guys even watch the first episode or give up because you are too stupid to understand a subtle story line.

They've stated from the start that the further out from the center the more dangerous the game, there's more at stake. We've seen what happens to guests when they break the law, get punched, taken down, locked up for the night then released. "As much hurt as one can handle" or however she put it. This makes it ok for me. Seeing people get punched and taken down like we have hasn't caused any conflict for me.

Idc how the park works. We know it's underneath, we know supposedly there is an outside world and it has economics, "I need this job" etc. Other than that we haven't seen any of the outside world at all.

Point is, Idc about the questions brought up because it does nothing to take away from the story and I'm more curious about the main plot points and what direction it's going next.

Great show

westworld is all just about pushing western society further into the depths of luciferian degeneracy.

the one big takeaway everyone will have after watching westworld is "i want to fuck a robot"

preparing us for the future post human society

Hay, trailer park boys is a good show.
It's great at what it dose, some times you
need a cheap laugh and they always deliver.

I only knew about the show after the 2nd episode, when a bro told me about it.

How hyped was it because I never saw any of it.

>watching mainstream hbo shit
>acting like some elitist faggot who thinks he's discovered the meaning of life
>so esoteric

ahh, to be 16 again

do you remember how long before release they advertized that 2012 movie? it was similar to that. most movies or tv start seeing ads a few months before.
westworld really was being advertized on hbo 2-3 years ago, and they had obviously already done a lot of production since they were able to show clips in the trailers.
any show that spends that long in post, generally it's because they have to string together more than just what's on the surface.

watch a symbolic analysis of westworld episodes so far, it will blow your mind. this shit can not be a coincidence.

I thought it was just exemplifying the monsters a lot of people are without the restraints that are placed on them in normal society
i.e.- without law people would revert to cowboy lawlessness or worse
they especially point out that the park is for the very well off indicating an intrinsic corruption of morality tied with money
for instance the main "black hat" old guy has been implicated to be in charge of a large and charitable foundation outside of the park but within he is nearly completely devoid of humanity
except to me it's a lot more preachy like people are for the most part not decent and can not be trusted in the long run not to devolve without guidance from a "higher power" be it theocratic or political

I'm watching it and giving it a chance because I like Jonathan Nolan and the ideas he explores in his science fiction.

But I have to admit the show started out tedious as we had to rewatch different versions of the same scene playing out in different ways over a few episodes, like a variation of Rashomon. I hope they don't continue doing that sort of storytelling.

The show is at it's most basic about the development of consciousness in artificial intelligence. That's what Jonathan Nolan is obsessed with. Everything else is just filler.

That's what I tuck from watching Chobits

TPB does reveal the meaning of life. Good friends, good dope, good booze, and some nice kitties.

This sounds interesting, can I get a link or a few words to search to get me where I need to go.

watch a symbolic breakdown of westworld and you will realize that jonathan nolan is not the one running this show.

I was pretty bummed they havent covered that a little more. Whats with those scary indians and what happened to her? Like any HBO show I'm sure there is going to be all kinds of plot stories that are left in the breeze, never to be addressed again.

I liked the original yul brynner character cameo.

there certainly is that aspect, but that's just on the surface. combine that notion they want us to believe (that people would be lost without their governments - lol) with all the occult symbolism and generally you will find the "new world order" and the intersection of governance and symbolism.

again, all i can tell you is to watch a breakdown of all the symbology and you will realize quickly that there is something else at play.

This will give you some idea where that user is coming from.

dsm.psychiatryonline.org/doi/book/10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596

ITT: Underage fags watching their first premium cable series.

It's supposed to take time and resolve the conflicts that it created itself.

You're right that it's not perfect but the 2 examples you gave weren't great.

>How does the park run?
Who cares. So far, the show doesn't want to tell the story of the logistics of a robot park. It's just a setting to portray a particular narrative. Which I would assume is the concept of free will and who encompasses it. Am I right there?

>Hosts can't hurt guests.. until they can
Yeah. That's the conflict isn't it? It's literally the storyline. Would you rather have a show where nothing goes wrong?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

(the poster you're talking with)

>premium cable series

Lol How much does HBO pay you?

like anything else on youtube it's a crap shoot, some people who make videos know what they're talking about, some don't.
i haven't seen this guy's, but hopefully they cover it.

youtube.com/watch?v=enhlLcHQVQc

What's the huge earthmoving equipment? particularly the thing that was eating the agave field? I thought surely that was coming for the lady from the Home Office who was giving Anthony Hopkins a hard time

I have this sneaking suspicion that maybe a few of the overlords, like the black guy whose son died, are actually synthetic themselves but even they don't know

This must be way in the future, when Westerns are having another revival, as there wouldn't be nearly that kind of interest in such a place nowadays

If this is based off the original, the original had a Medieval world too and another one I forget. No hint of that here yet, but it may be coming

WestWorld in the original always struck me as a really thin premise, but then it carried it off anyway. So does this, it's already rivaling GoT story wise

That's funny and all, but it's always good to see things at all angles.
Plus the occult stuff has always interested me.

BRAND NEW SHIT JUST HERE GUYS JUST FUCKING HERE TAKE IT AND LEAVE ME ALONE FOREVER
cheesespin.net/

youtube.com/watch?v=zBpoarrRAM0
this one is decent

found the jew

Lolwut.

Thanks user

Looks like the Jews be mad now.

no problem. it's fascinating shit, albeit a bit unsettling.

>occult symbolism in our entertainment mass media?! oh goyim, you so crazy!

If the movies are a prologue why doesn't anyone mention medievalworld, romeworld or futureworld? Or even mention Dalos (the original name of the theme park)

youtube.com/watch?v=UXl5ajyf54I

part of their satanic beliefs state that they have to tell us their plans before they carry them out, which is why we see so much shit happen in movies and tv that later happens in the world

i'm not religious but understanding the bible really helps understand what's going on in the world today. the thing is, the people who are running the world literally believe in the bible so they are making everything contained therein become real

because it's not about the story, it's about the symbolism and the concepts for predictive programming.

all that matters is that they expose the masses to these certain things. whether or not they require a story line to mask them is an afterthought.

I think some of you do enough drugs for the rest of put together.

The other one was romeworld or romanworld, but it almost didn't appear in the film. There's also futureworld in the sequel

>I think some of you do enough drugs for the rest of put together.
>for the rest of put together
>rest of put together
>of put together

yeah, namely you; faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow

They can physically harm... but not kill.

This

Are both of you niggas retards incapable of thought? "Oh the robots can hurts guests now durp." Yeah no shit retard, it's called the whole pointhing behind the show. The robots are evolving into humans holy shit it's literally so simple. Read a God damn book once

In addition to that, what you want every show to explain every single last detail in 1 episode? It's called a movie faggot. Op you come off as a very stupid human being

thanks for the semantics

this concept is dumb as fuck and should instant out the person as a retard. Shows and movies like this are BASED ON OTHER SHIT. watching one of the new marvel movies after not watching any of the avengers. Sure it's its own thing, but constantly references the past shit and it won't make sense without it.

Retard.

That's why they haven't revealed how the world works
They're still figuring it out

"breakdown of the symbology"
as in
"breakdown of the study of symbols"

is correct

sym·bol·o·gy
simˈbäləjē/
noun
noun: symbology

the study or use of symbols.