I'VE GOT A BIKE

I'VE GOT A BIKE
YOU CAN RIDE IT IF YOU LIKE
IT'S GOT A BASKET
A BELL THAT RINGS
AND THINGS TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD

second best song on the second best pink floyd album desu

Has anyone released his works made during his isolation period? Has he made any at all?

Can I have when you're finished with it Uncle Syd?

I'D GIVE IT TO YOU IF I COULD
BUT I BORROWED IT

but
>YOU CAN RIDE IT IF YOU LIKE

What is your #1 album of this overrated band?

Mine's DSM.

ummagumma

i really liked wish you were here as well but i've only listened to it once so far, and i don't really care much for their other stuff.

I would assume such a creative guy must have made some music, but apparently he mostly painted.

> painting is not a creation

I WANT TO TELL YOU A STORY
ABOUT A LITTLE MAN
IF I CAN

Ummagumma really? Even those weird studio songs? The live part is amazing, but almost everything else is shit except the narrow way.

His so called 'family' wont release it because they still have plenty of his well-earned money. They're the reason he was mentally ill, not the drugs.

Go listen to A New Machine, Part 2

>[citation needed]

And what was this little man's name uncle Syd?

lime and limpid
green
a second scene
the
fights

be
t w e e n t h e b l
u
e

y
o
u

onc
e

kn

w

Ever hear that song (Or the whole PATGOD album for that matter) in mono?

Yeah. I don't get the appeal. I understand listening to, say, Fresh Cream in mono since they completely FUCKED the stereo mix, but listening to that album in mono is like driving a steamroller over it. Almost as bad as listening to Sgt Pepper in mono.

I stopped making music. His musical creativity was gone. There's bootlegs of him trying to make a 3rd solo album in 1974. It's just straight up garbage

Schizophrenia comes from bad experiences in childhood, but we never hear about Syd's...funny that...

>Almost as bad as listening to Sgt Pepper in mono.
What's wrong with it?

>Schizophrenia comes from bad experiences in childhood
How do you not get embarrassed by your intense ignorance?

>I stopped making music.
S-Syd? Is that you?

It's like watching The Wizard Of Oz in black and white throughout.

People are very very rarely born with schizophrenia, Syd was perfectly fine until his childhood abuse manifested itself into his crazy wild ways, before and drug was taken.

Or is the stereo mix just like watching a bad colorization of the black and white parts of Wizard of Oz?

>[citation needed]
>[original research]

Nah

Research is working with over 100 schizophrenics you idiot.

>over 100
Allow me to step back in awe

All of them were well until something happened to them that mirrored a childhood trauma.

more than you which is none

Nope that's LSD I think.

Which triggered their latent schizophrenia. Try harder.
>YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE BAD SCIENCE IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING
You think vaccines cause autism and use the term "chemtrails" in earnest, don't you

Why not? It's what the artist intended

It's what the artists could do with the technology available at the moment.

>It's what the artists could do with the technology available at the moment.
what do you mean? They had the ability to mix in stereo and mono, which they did.

I thought we were talking generally, but whatever, an album like Sgt Peppers is better enjoyed with the sounds playing in your ears instead of coming all together to your face in a straight line like a bloody train.

>I thought we were talking generally
OK, *generally* The Beatles intended their albums to be heard in mono up until 1968
>an album like Sgt Peppers is better enjoyed
How do you know I should enjoy something or not?
>with the sounds playing in your ears instead of coming all together to your face in a straight line like a bloody train
You mean so you don't have to work so hard at listening to it? You want to be spoonfed?

>so you don't have to work so hard at listening to it?
Get off your goddamned high horse
>How do you know I should enjoy something or not?
I don't, because you clearly can't enjoy shit

>fuck mono, stereo is better!
Get off your goddamned high horse
>I don't, because you clearly can't enjoy shit
Not an argument. Try again.

>imma copy ur comment even if it doesn't make sense
>imma pull the "not an argument" meem xD
Wow, what an absolutely amazing display of arguing skills.

So then. why *is* mono better? And I hope you argument amounts to more than "b-because they wanted it that way!!"

>So then. why *is* mono better?
Quote me where I said it was

>Or is the stereo mix just like watching a bad colorization of the black and white parts of Wizard of Oz?
>Why not? It's what the artist intended
>Get off your goddamned high horse
I hope your reply to this isn't some bullshit cop-out like "but I didn't LITERALLY say it was better so all you have is your conjectures HUR HUR HUR"

Not seeing where I said "mono is better" in this quote. Try again?
>HUR HUR HUR
remind me again: weren't you the guy who thought stereo technology didn't exist in the 1960s?

>you're just purposedly misinterpreting what I said!
>here, let me do exactly the same now

>complaining that pink floyd is overated

And also it was the stress of fame and attention

They kind of are though.

Quote me where I said you said you didn't know stereo technology existed in the 1960s?

Only the wall and animals, the rest is the good stuff

Oh god, i remember when i saw Gilmour two years ago, i actually started weeping like a bitch when he played Astronomy Domine.

Supposedly he started work on a third album with Steve Hillage. I don't know if anything recorded was of releasable quality.

>Animals
>overrated

You need to get off Sup Forums and get some sun, son.

Do you mean because Sup Forums overrates it constantly?

Jugband Blues that closes Saucerful of Secrets is still one of my favorite PF songs ever

It's such a weird mix of comfy and fucked up.
It's a GOAT Floyd song for sure.

Saucerful Of Secrets is by far the most underrated Pink Floyd album

DUDE PINK FLOYD LIKE...
Uhh..
Changed my LIFE.
WOAH!!!!!

Oh fuck off it really did. They opened me up to all kinds of different music

>only like Syd Barrett PF and DSOTM
rec me stuff

this
pink floyd got me into music

Kevin Ayers
Soft Machine
Gong

ye, people say its gr8 on mu but i think its alright. its when pink floyd (roger waters) lost its musicality and started getting way to political

well, its alright, but you gotta admit that the older stuff was more fun and less - well depressing and bitter

poor man

I don't think so. I think the drugs, schizophrenia, and fame tore him down at first, but his family kept him down for the rest of his life.

cheers

THIS

I honestly can't listen to PF past Animals. That was their last truly great album, and even then it was a bit boring imo.

yeah exactly

even though 1970 -75 pink floyd was built off of the pain of loosing syd, they still managed to remain somewhat positive or at least passionate in the musical aspect