How often do you brush your teeth Sup Forums? What would you say the overall state of your chompers?(pic not related)

How often do you brush your teeth Sup Forums? What would you say the overall state of your chompers?(pic not related)

Twice a day... don't you?

Nope. Infact I often don't even once a day, it's been like two years and my teeth feel fine. O-o

the only time i brush my teeth is when i eat something i know smells or something that can decay my teeth (like lemons)
teeth are fine
breath is good

Once every morning. I've noticed the plaque on my tongue is a lot less noticeable when I brush before bed as well. However, I'm usually too lazy and tired to brush again at night. I have a permanent retainer on the inside of my bottom teeth which is really hard to clean under anyway, and it causes chronic slightly bad breath no matter how often I brush. I don't waste energy on it, I just carry some mints for when I know I'll be talking to people at close range.

I visit a dentist probably once a year on average. They give me shit about flossing but then realize that I can't floss with my retainer, then they tell me everything else is fine and send me home.

Once every month for the past 8 years.

Everyday before bed. For thirty years. Not a single cavity.

once a day, every morning (or when i wake up)
i don't brush at night because i'm lazy as fuck, it's probably why i get cavities, but my dentist says my brushing game is tops, i just need to floss more

you don't brush in the morning, before going somewhere/to work?

Ancientfag here. Some of you people are really going to regret not brushing your teeth in the years to come. Once a day is enough and an electric toothbrush is far, far better than a normal one. Don't say you weren't warned.

from about 7 to 16 I did not brush regularly. Since then I've brushed regularly twice a day usually, and I'm 24 now. But I've already paid the price. Plaque, crooked teeth, stains. I can't afford a dentist. It's going to cost a lot to get these shit-chiclets fixed.

Twice a day if I have work
Once before bed if I don't have work

Teeth are shit tier because I didn't brush them properly as teenager

Put half a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate in half a glass of warm water, mix it until it dissoles, then swish it around your mouth for twenty or thirty seconds, twice a day.

Buy some mini between the teeth brushes. They look like pipe cleaners.
Buy a different style of toothbrush. A decent dentist should be able to recommend one.

No point having a retainer if you smell like decay and your teeth start to rot after a few years.

dentistfag here

before leaving home in the morning and before sleeping at night. should also brush 15 mins after major carb intakes but im lazy

have you gotten your calculus (tartar) removed? brushing or flossing aint gonna help if you have built up tartar in your gums

Twice a day, way too hard. I have receding gumlines, about five years ago had to have a gum grafting surgery to repair it a bit and keep my teeth from falling out.

Never had a cavity though, so there's that.

for real??

Like once a week and sometimes right after stinky food or before sex

twice a day. just had my braces off as well. lifeisgood.jpg

twice a day, and a quick brush if i've recently ate something that might fuck with my breath if im going out with other people. 19 years no cavity or anything, just alot of tartar which sucks.

This.

Don't brush too hard or your gums will end up receeding.
Change the brush every 3 months.

Mouthwash isn't necessary, but rinse with bicarbonate and water or just salt water once a day.
Flossing does help, as sometimes bacteria builds up between teeth and eats into the centre of the tooth which starts rotting inside without you knowing it.
Once you have one filling, the problems start.
They need replacing and you almost lose a bit more of the teeth.

Really brushing twice a day seems like a chore, but if you force yourself to do it for a few weeks, it will become an automatic habit that you don't mind at all.

Brush your tongue lightly each time, it greatly reduced the bacteria and smell.

i dont brush since about 10 years but i eat only greens. no filling, no stinky because i eat mint leafs.

Brush lightly, hold the brush with just two fingers if necessary.
They should feel clean afterwards, but not much pressure at all.

Did the same for some month a with a brush that was too hard, ended up making my back gums receed.

No one tells you these things before.

dentistfag again

less pressure, more time. average tooth brushing should be 3-5 mins. the brush should barely touch your teeth, not pressed against them. brush should be angled slightly towards gums. do small circular motions.

go get that tartar removed. takes 20 mins. no pain

dont for the love of fuck use salt water as a mouthwash. it might have worked till the 1800s but by now it only serves to weaken enamel on chronic use.
most of the rest is true. getting a filling aint the end of the world, nor the start of problems

if you werent taught proper brushing techniques, get a better dentist

>average tooth brushing should be 3-5 mins
Oral hygienist here. 2min is enough if done properly

ofc pic is related. It's a nigger

i haven't brushed my teeth in 3 weeks...

Teeth still intact; don't care

3 times a day... wtf you guys eat

Ancientfag here again. I was a lazy teenager and didn't brush my teeth then when I hit 30 the problems really started. Trust me on this. Brush daily. And get an electric toothbrush.

Never had pain from a cleaning before, but had one done last year - currently living in spain, and it hurt enough to make my eyes water.
It felt like she was using drills on the outside of my teeth instead of polishing tools.
I hadn't had them professionally cleaned in a couple of years, but I keep them clean any way, it was just limestone deposit.

Did she mess up my teeth or was there a reason for the pain?

Also, is bicarbonate alright to rinse with every week or so. If not, what is the alternative?

once a day. teeth are fine. had 1 cavity 25 years ago

Once or twice a year I brush.
Scrape with a fingernail every few weeks.
50 yrs old. Teeth fine. Breath fine.
Three hard apple ciders a day keeps the dentist away!

>brush teeth a couple times a week at most. definitely less than every other day
>drink 2L of coke every other day
>never been to destist
>perfectly aligned teeth
>teeth nice color, not yellow
>nice pink gums

I dont' have teeth anymore. Shit's dope, I just pop my dentures out and put them in water with a cleaning tab. I have to brush my tongue like once every two weeks and that's basically it. Actually don't miss my natty teeth.

i doubt she messed up your teeth using the ultrasound. unless your gums have receeded since then you should be fine.
she probably used the ultrasound at a really high setting or didnt know what she was doing. normal calculus removal is a routine painless thing.
not sure what bicarbonate is. i reccomend any mouthwash with 0.5-1.2% chlorhexidine and no alcohol for everyday use.

~3 times a week, sometimes everyday, and sometimes no brushing for two weeks
Never had a problem with my teeth
I don't smoke anymore but still drink coffee so it's not as white as when I was a kid.

dont listen to him and dont use mouthwashes at all, unless instructed after some procedure.
mouthwashes kill bacteria in mouth wich causes bacterial imbalance which can lead to more cavities, more calculus etc.

Twice a day, didn't brush when I was younger so now I've got a crown and a couple fillings. I have no interest in doing any of that again.

I floss all the time (those little floss picks are amazing) but only brush before work/social activities. Which is still almost every day. I want to buy a water pick so i can clean between my gums and teeth better

woah just looked up bicarbonate since english isnt my native language. hell no dont use that. its a "whitener" (baking soda) that is seriously abrasive for your enamel.

up to 1.2% chlorhexidine is perfectly safe. also low bacterial load can lead to many problems but cavities and calculus are definitely NOT on the list.

flossing without brushing is only ~20% of proper oral hygiene

I brush my teeth once or twice a day at least. Morning and night usually.

I have good teeth, generally, although I think they fucked something up on the left side when I had my wisdom teeth removed over the summer. Never had a cavity or anything aside from that.

But, I do grind my teeth in my sleep, so I'm probs gonna have to get a mouth guard. Luckily I'm in a long term relationship so I don't have to worry about pulling that shit out on some new girl's second or third night over.

You should tits dot computer.

Good spot to be apparently. Trying to remember it for later.

Every day before bed.

I am English, and I brush my teeth daily. Yes, I do indeed love the tea.

ma'man

once a day before bed. I should probably do it more often tho. I also floss

2x a day.

floss 1x a day
watwerpic-3x a week
toothpick teether-3x a week

She wasn't using ultrasound, she was using mechanical spinning tools.

tea is king
to not love is to not live

My teeth are pretty fucked and I have bad breath. Nice blog.

wait..... what????? that's not how calculus removal is performed!!

No. Only before bed.

Cheers to that.

show a pic

Just brushed em m8s, how are they looking? I'm a 26 yo dude, I could have done with some braces when growing up ;_;

Like drills with different parts on the ends.
Hurt like fuck.
What is ultrasound cleaning supposed to be like?

Every morning, flossin after meals with meat or that cunting piece of whatever thats halfway in between the teeth and refuses to come out. Those cunts annoy the shit outta me, especially after lunch and have no floss.