What is the worst sporting country in the world?

What is the worst sporting country in the world?

My vote goes to Norway.

>snow sport babbies
>cross country skiiers doped to the boot, never been caught because the Norwegian anti doping agency protects them and the entire sport is run by Norwegians
>in ski jumping shit on by Finns and central Europeans for decades, had to appoint a Finnish head coach to succeed

Bump

I find it amusing how Norway seems to do well at sports where you look like an absolute twat doing them: cross-country skiing, curling, racewalking, skating, handball, cycling etc etc. Don't get me wrong, I respect the athletes, but let's be honest, these sports make you look fucking mongoloid. Norwegians seem completely oblivious to this.

>Muh women handball
>Still not the best

CHess is a sport guis

I thought it was common knowledge that it is India. Nice Norway bashing thread, though.

Isn't India at least decent at cricket? Also they have good doubles tennis players.

Literally no one cares about winter "sports"

Yeah, but a 1000 million population country should be a powerhouse in almost any sport, if only for the pool of talent available.

We are talking about a country where people shit on the streets. They don't have the infrastructure to develop top athletes.

Bangladesh and France.

>t. third world

France is a great sporting country.

>France is a great sporting country.
>their best hockey player is pierre edouard bellmerde
'no'

Bangladesh

Hockey is not the only sport in the world Sven

>Norway is also notable as the only national team that has never lost any of the matches it has had against Brazil. In four matches played, Norway has a record of two wins and two draws against Brazil, with one of those victories coming in the 1998 FIFA World Cup.

Norway is the best scandavian country. Lefse and Milk Rice is the shit

Also pic related.

France is probably the best sporting country. They are relevant in everything except Tennis.

Even meme sports like Handball they are dominant

>Finland
more like shitland desu

>Norway

kek

KEK

anything but India is a meme answer

>couldn't even beat Kosovo

Who cares about kickball anyways?

Sachin Tendulkar alone gets India over the threshold into good

Wtf has Ireland ever done?

>cricket
>your flag comprehension

anything but India is a meme answer

finland salty because you suck at skiing get fucked

>forgetting Bangladesh
Luigi, please.

>Ireland doesn't actually play any sports
>Makes fun of cricket
Kek kek kek

Most of the world mate
Finland isn't good at any relevant sports

This thread is not about Finland.

Norway is better than Finland at relevant sports

someone tells the truth

>top 5 in gold medals per capita in the summer olympics
>somehow "the worst sporting country in the world"

>have GOAT winter olympian

Nah m8, Norway is elite sporting nation

Mexico might not be the worst but I feel like we're easily in the top 10

They're better at tennis than at any sport that involves a stick. Any form of hockey or stick and ball sports, don't look for the French.

They're relevant in tennis too. In this US Open 3 out of 8 men's quarterfinalists were French.

>except Tennis
The French Open is one of the four Grand Slam tournaments though. Where it's held is sometimes as important as where the top players come from.

any norwegians know what he means by milk rice?

really makes you think

Probably a Swede working there

Probably riskrem, or rice pudding.

I think what makes it even more embarrassing is the fact that >we as a majority of the population are genuinely interested in sports. Like 90% of students in schools from 6-16 years old play football. The other 10% either play some other sport or are losers or token hot girls.

They have a number of really promising young footballers. Odegaard, Ajer, Elyoungassi, Fossum,Henriksen. While its too early to say for sure I could certainly see them as a potential dark horse in years to come

this, over a billion people fucking awful at everything except cricket supposedly. Even fucking china can cheat its way to olympic gold

It's the same in all Nordic countries. Success in sports is not seen as so important anymore. National health seems to be the more important thing.
Ödegaard has been exposed as a meme.

>Ödegaard

>odegaard

That's literally his name

Odegaard, you fucking mongol.

Well, shit. The Norwegian Ö doesn't print in Sup Forums. The more you know.

Shut the fuck up.

Ö is ö no matter how it's written.

o

å

>in everything except Tennis.
>that flag

ooooh I get it

Aus is best imo

Rugby, cricket, golf, tennis, basketball, divegrass they are elite or competent. They also do okay in Olympics and still play their own sports. And not a huge population

Australia is dogshit in tennis nowadays.

eh fair enough, that's a very narrow overall view though. I'm not sure any country plays as many sports as them.

>worst nation
>posts nation that has actually won many things.
I think you mean Vatican City.

flash forward 10 years

>best soccer player
MArtin Odegaard

>best hockey player
Mathias Emilio Pettersen

>best tennis player
Casper Ruud

>best skier
Name literally any Norwegian

>b-b-but other sports
which other sports? Which other sports motherfucker!?

NORGE NORGE NORGE NORGE

>ctrl+f: canada
>0 results

Scouser tier delusion

We sell all our good players.

>They have a number of really promising young footballers

don't fall for this meme, please. Our soccer is so bad it's scary. I don't know why everyone keeps talking about our talents. They are all nothing players and they will all bust.

There is a country called Brunei

The correct answer is Bangladesh. They have over 100 million people, are irrelevant in every sport and have never won any Olympic medal. Any other answer is a meme answer

Lol they're probably best at tennis than any other sport. They always produce top players

>ctrl+f: peru
>0 results

Peru has won the Copa America, what has Bangladesh ever done?

Naah heaps of baseball players are Mexican Idk if that really counts, though it begs the question wtf has Italy every won?