What are the best musician-on-musician insults?

What are the best musician-on-musician insults?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H_McaUor0G0?t=217
ultimateclassicrock.com/david-bowie-frank-zappa-adrian-belew/?trackback=tsmclip
youtube.com/watch?v=whsoixRdAjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0QOya9-lwQk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whereas Noel has done shitty songs ON coke.

>says the guy from oasis
can you really talk shit about the guy that made garage-rock cool again?

>garage rock cool again

how long did that last?

On his brother Liam
>he's a man with a fork in a world of soup

If this guy makes music, then this.

>'People talk about Eric Clapton. What has he ever done except throw his baby off a fuckin’ ledge and write a song about it?'

-Anton Newcombe (Brian Jonestown Massacre)

how long does anything last?
how long did britpop last?

Serious answer, please. I know some garage rock fans listening to Royal Blood right now like "GARAGE ROCK NEVER DIES," but let's be real.

britpop lasted from 1991 to 1997, tops

>Music journalists like Elvis Costello because music journalists look like Elvis Costello - David Lee Roth
I like Costello a lot, but that is accurate.
I hate this one because it's so unduly mean, plus it's ignoring Cream, Blind Faith, Derek & The Dominos and The Yardbirds for a start.

are you gonna pretend that the arctic monkeys, no matter your opinion of them, arent popular garage rock?

Here's a few:

Mark E Smith on Mumford & Sons

>“There was this other group warming up … and they were terrible. I said, ‘Shut them cunts up!’ And they were still warming up, so I threw a bottle at them … I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers.”

Dave Grohl on Courtney Love

>“She’s an ugly fucking bitch.”

Paul Weller on Freddie Mercury

>“He said he wanted to bring ballet to the working classes. What a cunt.”

Richey Edwards on Slowdive

>“We hate Slowdive more than we hate Hitler.”

Joni Mitchell on Dylan

>''Bob is not authentic at all. He's a plagiarist. And his name and voice are fake.''

Paul McCartney on Lennon and Ono

>''You and your Jap tart think your hot shit.''

Lou Reed on Zappa

>"Frank Zappa is the most untalented musician I've ever heard... He can't play rock 'n roll because he's a loser."

Pixies kicked off the opening of Trompe Le Monde dissing Kurt Cobain.

>We went to the store and bought something great
>Which samples this song from Washington state

>''You and your Jap tart think your hot shit.''
Fucking kek, did he really say that?

>''Bob is not authentic at all. He's a plagiarist. And his name and voice are fake.''
Joni Mitchell naming the Jew

lel

>"You have to conquer yourself, and take control of yourself. I make fun of a lot of people, like Brian Wilson, because they don't have control over themselves. I think they're largely phonies. They use their illness as an excuse. I have no mercy for that. I know Wilson idolizes me; he does interviews; he writes his autobiography about me. I know, I know, I know. It's sad, y'know, but I don't know whether you can feel sorry for untalented people. Maybe he's not that talented. Maybe he's overrated. Maybe. Jimi Hendrix was not overrated. Janis Joplin was not overrated. I feel sorry that they died, because they shouldn't have. They should have been a little smarter. Brian Wilson outlived his brothers for God's fucking sake. How do you figure that? Carl Wilson - pretty bright guy. Dennis - pretty silly guy; y'know, a muppet. And Brian outlives them? But maybe Brian wasn't that talented to begin with, and we're burdening him with that. We make these people more than they are. I don't feel sorry for Brian Wilson; I never thought he was that talented to begin with. I'm glad he idolizes me; I wish that Jimi Hendrix idolized me. I heard he did. I'd be more impressed if somebody with a brain idolized me."

Have you been living under a rock?

Get fucked Spector leave BriWi alone

>To say Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono got off on the wrong foot would be putting it mildly. According to John Lennon, when he and Ono were staying with McCartney when they first started dating, McCartney left them a note that said “You and your Jap tart think you’re hot shit.”

>Lennon and Ono came to live at Cavendish Avenue temporarily as guests when Schwartz was living there. Schwartz says that Lennon was upset one morning after McCartney admitted sending a note to Lennon, which referred to Ono as a "Jap tart", but McCartney insisted that it was intended as a joke.[8][9][10]

different times

That just seems mean and unfair. Not really a great insult more like a shitty perspective from a shit person.

He's basically saying "if youre not good enough to impress me I dont care if youre a fan"

What a cunt

Another midget with a complex. And then he shot someone.

You know, maybe, just MAYBE, by "this guy" I meant the user who made the comment.

Lou Reed ruined the Velvet Underground and had absolutely no talent. He also hated creativity, which is why he kicked John Cale (the person who came up with all of the good ideas) out after White Light/White Heat was too good; and then made TVU in 1969, the worst recordings in the history of music.

Noel did coke? Strange, its not like he's mentioned it like 100 times

those guys were pretty silly

I don't care for Oasis but Noel is a golden quote machine.

>Sure I love Liam. But not as much as I love pot noodles.

>tfw the beatles would have probably shit posted on this site if it existed at the time

>implying Paul and Ringo aren't doing it RIGHT NOW

Oasis are depressing drivel.

Reads genuinely sociopathic and narcissistic.

Explains why he got so far in business lel.

>implying

This is so fucking awesome to read (in a way).

>druggy narcissistic asshole bitching

That's just fuckin rude, not to mention ignorant.

hahahaha that's a fucking AWFUL album

>they don't have control over themselves.
>thisnigga.jpg
Sounds like he's just criticizing himself but is too much of a narcissistic coward to follow through so he just blasts Brian Wilson who is an easy target.

I love The Brian Jonestown Massacre but honestly that quote is beyond fucking mean. Completely over the line.

>You have to conquer yourself, and take control of yourself.

Says the mentally ill man that murdered someone.

Spector is right. Brian Wilson sucks. Not very talented. Only had one album worth hearing. Completely oblivious as to why he's remembered at all.

Take the money and run, join the elite
You sold yourself to noone
Pied piper, whiskey notes
THE WONDERWALL FELL DOWN ON YOU

by the way gallagher was buttblasted

yeah who cares Oasis is better than that shitty the fall wannabe band

you forgot the '!', Donald

>“We hate Slowdive more than we hate Hitler.”
fucking lel

>We hate Slowdive more than we hate Hitler.

I really wish Richey didn't kill himself. He seemed like such a funny guy.

>Lou Reed on Zappa
>>"Frank Zappa is the most untalented musician I've ever heard... He can't play rock 'n roll because he's a loser."

lou reed is an asshole
youtu.be/H_McaUor0G0?t=217

I remember I was at an Andrew Jackson Jihad show about a year back where they asked the audiences for recommendations.

Someone shouted 'Bob Dylan' and Sean Bonnette shouted back 'Bob Dylan is boring overrated bullshit'. A lot of the audience nodded their head in agreement.

It was a good show for the most part but the crowd was like all 15/16 lmao I felt like a fucking creep being there

>Andrew Jackson Jihad
ugh.

>fuck you captain Tom
- Zappa greeting Bowie

>yeah who cares
gallagher

Bowie kind of deserved that though for stealing Adrian Belew away from Zappa. Zappa was a perfectionist who had all his musicians learn there parts with little to no error. So after he gets a skilled guitarist like Belew, Bowie takes him away.

As if this band couldn't get any more cringeworthy.

He didn't "steal" shit.

That was Belew's decision. Not Bowie's.

Well duh, I just meant Bowie was a bit underhand about the whole thing by offering Belew the job behind Zappa's back. But yeah it was all Belew's choice.

Woah..
That's my guy.

He wasn't being serious. Just how Zappa wasn't being serious about liking The Shaggs. He has said that he's easily influenced by things he hate and by things he likes.

I can only imagine how hilarious that must've been, especially with his attitude and his voice. And Bowie reacted even better:
>“By this point,” Belew adds, “I was paralyzed. David said, ‘So, you really have nothing to say?’ Frank said, ‘F– you, Captain Tom.'” After that, Bowie, Belew and Bowie’s assistant simply got up and left. “Getting in the limo,” Belew remembers, “David said in his wonderfully British way, ‘I thought that went rather nicely!'”
ultimateclassicrock.com/david-bowie-frank-zappa-adrian-belew/?trackback=tsmclip
youtube.com/watch?v=whsoixRdAjQ

Back when Pink Floyd was on the cusp of breaking up, David Gilmour and Roger Waters had a heated discussion and at one point David said to Roger "You're a fuck and you don't deserve to live"

Nick Mason wrote about it in that retrospective a few years back

Both Gilmour and waters deserve the rope, fucking faggots

there was a time when Reznor used to shitpost all the time, he even doxxed someone if I remember correctly

(You)

No, it's not. It's ten times better as any shit Radiohead or Neutral Milk Hotel has ever made

as funny as the insult is McCartney was a pussy for making it an anonymous letter desu

definitely spamming mike love memes

>That nu male top
not helping himself

I love this guy so much

popular GARBAGE rock more like

Noel is actually pretty decent, the problem was Oasis.

didn't Waters write a whole essay on his site about Gilmour being evil

Noel Gallagher is a amazing person

>Richey Edwards

I'm fucking glad he knecked himself after reading that comment. MSP's are shit

"My band shared an airport shuttle with them [Odd Future] in Barcelona. They piled onto the shuttle late, after finally getting corralled by their minder, who was nursing a head wound with an ice bag wrapped in a towel. They piled in, niggering everything in sight, motherfucking the driver, boasting into the air unbidden about getting their dicks sucked and calling everyone in the area a faggot. Then one of them lit a joint (or a pipe, I didn't look) and told the driver to shut the fuck up nigger and smoked it anyway. A female passenger tried to engage one of them in conversation, but he just stared at her with a dead-to-me stare while his seatmate flipped double birds in her face.

The whole trip they complained about not being at a McDonalds and repeatedly shouted for the motherfucker to pull over so they could get some fucking McDonalds nigger. Interspersed with the McDonalds requests were shouted boasts about how often they masturbated and fucked bitches nigger and got paid like a motherfucker fifty grand like a motherfucker. They continued complaining that the trip was taking too long and insisted they be fed immediately all the way to the airport, where their minder presumably fed them.

I am quite happy none of them engaged me directly, because at least one of us would have regretted it."

Albini is such an edgelord

>niggering everything in sight

yea a fucking riot

i feel so bad for belew he did nothing wrong and deserved a better solo career

i love this

GOAT

>I am quite happy none of them engaged me directly, because at least one of us would have regretted it."
it would have been albini

I don't like Lou Reed but Zappa was truly awful garbage

>Andrew Jackson Jihad
you mean AJJ?

any link for that?

This whole video.
youtube.com/watch?v=0QOya9-lwQk

Also explains why he's in prison for 2nd-degree murder

>this nigga got a pussy in his pants!

-Sauce Walka on Drake

I said MAYBEEEEEEEE

>TVU in 1969, the worst recordings in the history of music
take it the fuck back u cunt

>>''You and your Jap tart think your hot shit.''

holy fucking kek

That is an obscene amount of projection

>"I'm not Prince or Rivers Cuomo, who brags about having hundreds of great songs, and to that I would say, 'Prince, if you have a hundred great songs or a thousand, how about picking a few and putting them on your record that you've put out, because your last several have sucked.' Same for you, Rivers. I say that constructively, you know."

>when someone dedicates April Fools to burning you.

Jayzzus Chroist

>He said he wanted to bring ballet to the working classes
>What a cunt
Kek-

This is the magic that people meant with the term "triggered" before it turned into a void meme.

Delightful.

lel

>"Alt-J can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned. It's a great tune [Left Hand Free], and I paid 79 pence for it, but I am in no way a fan of Alt-J. One of them's got a moustache, and that's unacceptable."

>I don't like Lou Reed but Zappa was truly awful garbage