>80 years and still innovating

>rock
>50 years and already dead

Other urls found in this thread:

folkways.si.edu/new-releases/smithsonian
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks that way in the grander scale.

So what of it was?

It was a fun ride, but ultimately rock was just a side story.
Pic related

Clever guy that Scaruffi

Isn't MBDTF more rock than electronic?

Proof right here rock is more alive than it's ever been

Rec me some traditional folk from this year, OP.

A few token random instruments doesn't change it.

The Prodigy have drummer and guitarists now, still electronic music.

when washing your asshole when you shower how many times do you rub your hands with soap after

>my mfw when this is the average rock musician

Go to Smithsonian Folkways and pick a country and enjoy.

lol

go fuck your fucking self you fucknsuck pig

Awww, babby not like proven wrong?

folkways.si.edu/new-releases/smithsonian

i want Turny to stop bullying us

>Acclaimed upholders of the African American ring shout, the McIntosh County Shouters keep the faith, form, and fervor of the generations-old tradition rooted in their small community of coastal Georgia. Companion songs to the shuffle-step devotional movement called “shouting” have resisted slavery, strengthened spirit, and left us a cultural keystone for the future. Through their classic shout songs and spirituals, the Shouters beckon us to remember the past while envisioning the future of the African American cultural legacy.

AOTY

me on the left

Agreed OP why the fuck is this board so insensitive and dumb when it comes to people of colors' native musical traditions? Good's heavens, have anyone of you even heard of an Indian Mantra before in your entire life!! Or how about Persian traditional music? I bet none of you even know one artist who plays it! And don't get me started on Africa! They have a musical history as rich IF NOT RICHER than Europe. How does it make you feel to be so ignorant about 90% of music in the world, huh? btw any like-minded people post your RYMs so I can friend you

what?

Yeah, of course rock is dead. I mean, come on, it's 2017!

If not for appropriating black culture and music via slavery you wouldn't even have rock.

>10s
King Gizzard
Ty Segall

(Me)

what's this "rock"?

I would add Thee Oh Sees to the list.

I'll check them out, thanks

Rock music is a genre of popular music that originated as "rock and roll" in the United States in the 1950s, and developed into a range of different styles depending just in strumming speed in the 1960s and later, particularly in the United Kingdom and the United States.[1][2] It has its roots in 1940s' and 1950s' rock and roll, itself heavily influenced by blues, rhythm and blues and country music.

Just because rock isn't the dominant force in popular music anymore doens't mean it's dead, fucktard

>people actually believe this

this image gave me retard cancer

Amazing argument, faggot-ass frogposter

So does Sup Forums with all those meaningless, pointless labels.