Can someone explain Marilyn Manson to me?

can someone explain Marilyn Manson to me?

why is this man so popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

loudwire.com/trent-reznor-apple-music-marilyn-manson-dopey-clown-jab/?trackback=tsmclip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nice music

because his lyrics are often extremely satirical of america and many people can relate idk

>mediocre music

Trent Reznor.

CAn someone explain to me?

Why is this so popular?

He got his fame back in the early 90s when his music was actually different and cutting edge. His entire image and everything he was about was controversial. Nowadays, his music is mediocre, his image is played out, and he's really only surviving on how good he WAS. I would say the same thing about RHCP

he's clever as fuck. watch an interview where he's out of character.

>why is this man so popular?

because he publicly took a shit during a concert.

and all tumblreddit guys out there clapped and clapped and clappend and bought his shitty music

Let's talk about good music;

was Pink Floyd better before or after Syd Barrett left?

Hes not. He was in the 90s tho.

>good music
>pink floyd
choose one

Explain. I like psych music and the modern era doesn't have much that I'd consider good so I'm stuck listening to bands I'll never see perform.

Yeah dude, he knows EXACTLY what he's doing, he isn't some angsty teen he's an artist

Go down the Ty Segall and Thee Oh Sees rabbit holes dude! Hawkwind and shit

This.

Amazing music
Rage and sarcastic lyrics

I'll look into it but honestly, as this isn't the only place I've seen hate, ironic or not, for Pink Floyd, why do they get shat on?

The sex change and changing his name to lady gaga probably did it.

>why do they get shat on?

he best things to shit on are things people find meaning in, or that define them as a group. It is only fun to shit on things that ppl. are enthusiastic about. It is a compliment, in a reverse psychology kind of way.

because their music is boring as shit. it's only good when your high on drugs, and lets face it... everything is good on drugs.

because hes different

Wait, he's still relevant?

Who's been fucking with the way back machine?

Ah

completely subjective, but I could see how people who can't pay attention to a song that's longer than 3 minutes might get 'bored'

i didnt know it was still 1997

because hes edgy.

he's coming out with a new single. somewhat relevant

Same reason why people shoot other people in the head

good music and edgy aesthetics that frightened Midwestern housewives it's really a simple formula

Dude in with ya Pink Floyd is easily one of the best bands of all time. Only underage sober faggots hate Pink Floyd also there dad was a faggot

taken lsd many times, done shrooms once, smoke week constantly, yet i still think pink floyd is shit.

well what's good, oh all-seer?

honestly i have shit taste in music. i listen to teenage girl shit that would probably make you cringe. keep listening to your pink floyd or whatever. i just don't understand it

I like some of Tay tay's songs but that's as far as I go into that realm. different strokes for different folks

Dont cry other another mans opinion. In my opinion I also think Pink Floyd are shit.

I'm just asking what he thinks is good music. I'm not changing my stance and don't really care. Just trying to make a conversation, although I'm pretty autistic about it

He's not really all that popular. Its the cult following thing

He's Alice Cooper for millenials.

I love the Syd Barrett era way more than Gilmore's. Syd's solo works are also wonderful

because satan

yur going hell op

yup this.

>not liking pink floyd
>being an impatient fuck who thinks Death Grips are good

There is literally nothing wrong with Marilyn Manson

He was edgy and his song was all about Christianity being bullshit and stupid. So, naturally, the Jews pushed him up to popularity.

This. read one of his books. The guy is quite clever. Seen him in a few acting roles lately also.

after by a long shot.

>Marilyn Manson
>popular
>in 2016

>Trent Reznor
At the end of Reznor’s Rolling Stone interview, the industrial pioneer was asked about calling Marilyn Manson “a dopey clown” in 2009, which Manson recently brought up in a Reddit AMA session. So does Trent still feel the same way about Manson? The answer is pretty interesting. “I mean, I really haven’t thought much about that guy,” Reznor responds. “I wish him the best and we were good friends at one point in the past, and we became not such good friends. People change, and I don’t go around carrying it on my shoulders at all. So I have said many, many stupid things in my career. That wasn’t as bad as some, so I’m glad that you focused on that one. Notice, I didn’t deny saying that or my feeling didn’t change.”

Read More: Trent Reznor Discusses Apple Music + Marilyn Manson Jab | loudwire.com/trent-reznor-apple-music-marilyn-manson-dopey-clown-jab/?trackback=tsmclip

>Syd's solo works are also wonderful

That shit is a fucking train wreck

He gud n he industrial

Trent Reznor is a douche. Everyone that has ever dealt with him says nothing but bad things.

These are the 2 faggots that love rap and EDM. The 2 most talentless classes of music one could be into. But how about dat drop though ...right?

Not surprised.

That being said, everyone he ever dealt with is a douche too.

His music is gud, also an awesome live performer.

no U

this.
also, i bet OP is manson. this thread is his final desperate attempt at notoriety.

I think his schtick was for the sake of Christian kids actually. those motherfuckers hate christianity pretty bad

can confirm. friend dated him. he'd go weeks without bathing, cry uncontrollably over nothing, act like a diva and treat people in the service industry like shit, cause drama.
hah. best part is this: he was so much of a twat that he had my friend sign a non-disclosure after a little over a year of dating. yep. he was such an asshat that he tried to lawyer away the truth. too bad she already told me all this prior to the agreement. too bad it doesn't apply to me.

Cause he's slowly changing into Nic Cage and every one loves that guy.

That's what heroin and alcohol addiction will do to you. You can really tell he cleaned up his act on got on hardcore anti depressants when you compare a mid 90's interview to a recent one.

Plus I could see him treating service people like shit. He has extremely high expectations of himself and you can tell he projects that on to others as well.

He has some of the catchiest rock songs out there. I can understand you not liking him for these reasons.
1. You dont like rock in general
2. His fanbase. (Now its a lot better, but before it was edgy cringe shit)
3. His appearance.
4. Someone you respect once told you they didnt like him and that turned you off.

Other than that, theres really no reason to not like him.

His music is shit and i used to hate him but he's actually a pretty interesting guy, to bad his fan base is literal cancer

So didnt your friend break the nda by telling you? Better hope no one close to manson browses Sup Forums. Some friend you are, you just snitched her out.

this.

his popular musical is overrated
but hes a good satirist

Whats considered overrated? Overplayed maybe. But what about the beautiful people is overrated?

I listen to cavemen grunt solos on cassette. All other forms of music is absolute garbage.

He's so edgy!

He uses strippers on stage and caters to emo white boys who want to feel edgy