Is her worst album Volta or Medulla? I can't decide

Is her worst album Volta or Medulla? I can't decide.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lbaLvb2NfaE
youtube.com/watch?v=uZvpQDLpJC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

homogenic

Tough call.

On Volta we got Earth Intruders, Wanderlust, Innocnece, and the duets with Antony.

On Medulla we got Pleasure is All Mine, Sonnets, Mouth's Cradle, Who Is It, and Oceania.

I would personally go with Medulla as her worst because I'm generally not a fan of acapella.

Medulla, just felt more uninteresting to me

Seppuku yourself

Are you listing bad or good songs?

Good.

I didnt enjoy a single song on medulla whereas volta has some highlights so my choice is pretty obvious

definitely volta

medulla is a fantastic record but its not for everyone

The only thing I like on Volta is the mud sounds on Earth Intruders

Volta, I still like it though and Volta live is great.

Well thats something i guess? ? ? ?

Half the songs on Medulla are some of her best ever, the rest are still pretty good except Ancestors which is straight up unlistenable

Volta has like two good songs and the rest are completely forgettable

Volta is just boring

Medulla is cool af but I can understand why it puts people off

>Volta has like two good songs
Which 2 are the 'good' ones for you?

Earth Intruders and Wanderlust (and I'm using "good" lightly here)

If the entirety of Volta sounded like I See Who You Are, it'd be a great album
I think the pipa compliments her voice perfectly. It should've been used more. The freaking horns are just boring

Also the ones on Medulla that I think are some of her best ever are Who Is It, Oceania, Desired Constellation, Pleasure Is All Mine, and Triumph Of A Heart, so I guess a little less than half but still

Medulla is her best so it's probably Volta from those two. Not a huge fan of Debut myself aside from a few tracks.

>Ancestors
>unlistenable

Nah. It's a curveball but not unlistenable.

You didn't like the duets with Antony?

I honestly don't remember much of anything about them

youtube.com/watch?v=lbaLvb2NfaE
youtube.com/watch?v=uZvpQDLpJC8

I want back the old Björk from the earlier albums. It just seems she wants be edgy and non-conformist and intentionally produces horribly unmelodic songs. Either that, or she's just old and demented.

Considering she has a history with shit like post-punk, she probably has quite a few nonconformist bones in her body. Go listen to KUKL if you think what she's doing now is unmelodic.

Oh, right. Dull Flame of Desire is pretty alright, but it doesn't develop nearly as much as it should, especially at 7 1/2 minutes. My Juvenile is okay but kinda boring

Both have mediocre songs. At least Medulla has interesting production.

What a huge drop off from her first four albums either way.

Probably Volta

Yeah, apparently you know very little about Björk's style and career

Post and Homogenic, perhaps. Vespertine was always too glacially paced for my tastes. Gorgeous production but the album flow puts me to sleep.

All the people saying Medulla will be curb stomped

Nah, just let them wallow in their plebeian tastes. Eventually they'll realize the error of their ways.

does bjork actually have any BAD albums?

Medulla is the only thing that comes slightly close. But even that has some amazing highlights so she never really had a flat out BAD album.

All her albums are trash, not even joking listen to Kate Bush instead