Why are empty stadiums in Serie A so amazing?

Why are empty stadiums in Serie A so amazing?

>implying

Oh, is this the classic European """""""""atmosphere"""""""""" that we have been hearing about?

why dont clubs just lower costs so more people come?

Italy is not Europe
Also, not enough quotation marks

italians are lazy bastards that want to save the cost of the commute gas or bus ticket.

Isn't Serie A a "big" league in Europe/Italy?

How come the stadium isn't full, is this like a preseason game or something?

>a decade ago Serie A was the best league in the world

they didn't deserve this. or maybe they did. either way it's pretty sad.

>not knowing the Roma ultras congregate in the south end

This isn't a Lazio game you're talking about here.

Cheapest tickets for San Siro are 20 euro.
That's £17 and $22.50.

Only two quotation marks?
HAHA fuck off newfag

Never hear anything happening in Italy desu.
Before that Earthquake I almost forgot they existed.

For such a well known and semi-relevant country - nothing ever happens there.

Bring back Berlusconi, Cosa Nostra and Pavarotti.

What "now motherfucker?

>Italian """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""posting""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Seria A has always had low turn out.Even when players like Zidane or Batistuat played there

>Italians

lol?

They did.

Once it was revealed the matches were predetermined horseshit the average italian gave up on the league.

It should have been folded and the italian FA disbanded to be honest

seems pretty cheap for major league soccer

which Serie A teams fill their stadiums?

Yeah but you don't have cheap seats as bad as those in massive stadiums

Juventus

last season was pretty good for them, entertainment-wise anyway.

This is what happens when you're entire league is fixed as fuck

not really, it wasn't this bad at least

>the matches were predetermined
but that's not true

Casteddu

but if the stadium is empty just move to a good seat

Aren't the Roma fans boycotting the games right now, though? Something about security measures?

Why are stadiums empty in Italy? Why aren't they packed like in England, Germany or Spain (considering the major clubs)?

because nobody fucking cares about the Juvewins A, not even italians

Because we are poor and it costs too much/not interested in spending the money to see a football game and the monthly subscription to pay TV costs less than going to the stadium.

It sounds exactly like Brazil. Except that we have violence in stadiums and terrible schedule too. Our games always end way too fucking late because of television.

It doesn't help that most of the stadiums, even for small teams, are pretty massive, just to pick a team at random, Chievo play in a 40k stadium but have never won a single major trophy in nearly 100 years of history. How does a team like that even expect to fill such a stadium.

Look at Man City's attendances when they'd been shit forever

It's possible depending on city

>shitty stadiums
>costy tickets compared to quality and tv subscription
>very few teams still have good players
>most of those stadiums are really huge

Verona is not Manchester tho (and they are not even the most popular team in town)

Nah, its more like this.

neither were city la

but yeah obvs it different

you have romeo and juliet's shitty balcony manchester has a nightlcub

good taste la

bottom right still empty

Verona is known more for their improved version of the Coloseum than for the balcony
also it's like a 10th the size of Manchester

My nan only mentioned the balcony when she went there so I went with that

She thought it was a bit shit desu

me on the left

yeah the olimpico is almost always empty. i'm watching Roma's game since 2014 and i dont even know if i already saw it full once

your nan is shit

none of you work and you're too busy trying to fuck your mothers to sneak in

that was before kickoff, once the game actually starts the stadíum is packed

And the fans just don't give a shit for most teams. Derby County sold more season tickets than AC Milan this summer.

It's a little bit over a decade ago. a decade ago, Calciopoli happened.

They don't have any blackout rules? Like here in America, a game can be blacked out on tv if not enough tickets are sold.

Damn, I thought this was Fenerbahce.

Only England has blackout rules and they only apply for 3pm kickoff matches

roma/lazio supporters are protesting, other stadium are doing better

Oh, okay. Yeah, not sure how baseball can get away with that rule considering how games they play in a week.

Plus the stadiums are way smaller in England. In Italy, stadiums are just generic third-world venues, built once. In England, the teams add stands years after years, just like Lambeau Field.

In Spain, it is the same, but a bit better and without roofs, way more like college stadiums, or MIA or JAX.

The new stadiums in France and Germany look more like the NRG stadium, with smaller screens.

Spain has terrible attendances though, even the big two have pretty poor average percentage filled

I think you mean two decades.

Roma's fans are boycotting home games because they're stupid enough to think that the owner of the team controls the security rules at a stadium that belongs to the city government.

>In England, the teams add stands years after years
Craven Cottage even has a stand that by law is heritage and can't be changed, on the right.

aaaaaaaaaaaand the rest of the stadium is empty

Because soccer is boring. You need the empty seats next to you so you can lay down and rest when the eyes get heavy with boredom.

no, he doesnt