This album is extremely overrated...

This album is extremely overrated. Simple melodies and instrumentation that borrow from multiple genres but never form its own cohesive theme. No standout tracks.

sad!

i like the music but the vocals just make me laugh. i can't take it seriously

It's the hipster fags first "metal" album, what do you expect?

This album is extremely overrated. Simple melodies and instrumentation that borrow from multiple genres but never form its own cohesive theme. No standout tracks.

This album is extremely overrated. Simple melodies and instrumentation that borrow from multiple genres but never form its own cohesive theme, no standout tracks.

Good work samefag. Unfortunately the criticism doesn't apply to those albums as the creators clearly found their own solid voice and express it near perfectly. Whereas most people will listen to Sunbather and feel nothing. There is sound but there is no emotion.

>I don't know how to read the post counter

All correct

Power tho

>they called it black metal

It is extremely simple and laughably so, basically just generic melodic chords with blast beats BUT it is very effective, some of the climaxes on these songs just sound grand and emotional because of how intensely they are delivered in that black metal fashion.

But yeah, you could basically write a Deafheaven song in less than 30 minutes desu.

>Good work samefag.
Nope, I just posted the ITAOTS one, someone else just decided to meme with me
>Whereas most people will listen to Sunbather and feel nothing.
Hence it's massive critical and commercial acclaim (for a BM album anyway)

I don't even like the album that much, but it's still better then all the BM albms released before it that sound the same. At least Sunbather tries where most bands in the style don't.

>grand and emotional
Does Sup Forums actually feel emotion from such mundane music? Amon Amarth is grand and emotional, Łza Zeschniętej Róży is grand and emotional, Burzum is grand and emotional, Dimmu Borgir is grand and emotional, even Cradle of Filth is grand and emotional.

Deafheaven is flat and void of grandeur or feeling, as is most of Sup Forumscore, which often drives me stir crazy when I want to talk about livelier music. What emotion is there to be had in such melancholic music?

you need to get laid famalam

>What emotion is there to be had in such melancholic music?
Um...melancholy?

Go listen to Everclear then, faggot.

It's overrated as fuck. There are far better releases even withing the numale metal genre.

KEK

it's funny that it had to be said

My current lack of bedfellows has nothing to do with a lack of grandiose operatic composition and themes, which Sup Forumscore painfully lacks.

Absence of emotion is not emotion, just as cold is not a form of heat. It's just the lack of it.

>melancholy is a lake of emotion
Wrong, try again

>likes "grandiose operatic composition and themes"
>posts Dio
Apart from Dio's vocals and lyrics, nothing about Holy Diver (or most metal from that era) is "grandiose" or "operatic"

To be honest I was thinking more of Rainbow in the Dark, Invisible and Shame on the Night than the title song

The title track of sunbather is full of emotion and grandeur, can't really say the same for the rest of the album.

The album is over rated but that doesn't make it bad.

there's no right or wrong. Op i'm sorry that album doesn't do anything for you. Personally it delivers me from some very harsh emotions while still being hopeful.