Stop_liking_what_I_don't_like.flac

Why are you all obsessed with melancholic, listless and mundane music?

How do you even treasure music that doesn't make you feel anything? What does it do for you?

I'm not shitposting, I'm honestly trying to understand. Five years of trying to understand and appreciate the artists Sup Forums talks endlessly about has only left me baffled and disgusted. I mean, it's ok to listen to an apathetic album every now and then, but that is literally all you have listened to for half a decade.

I get it, I'm an antisocial introvert with autism who has been very, very deeply hurt in the past too, but even my charred and crumpled soul needs music with more emotion beyond "meh life sucks I guess".

How do you do it, Sup Forums? How do you listen to and fangirl over depressioncore incessantly and remain content and fulfilled by it? I honestly want to know because trying to discover it on my own has left me a very, very morose person.

whats your aotysf

whats your aoty 2016

Literally none of the 7 Sup Forumscore essentials are depressioncore you fucking idiot

Haven't heard anything from 2017, I don't typically listen to new music

Blackstar I guess

>Why are you all obsessed with melancholic, listless and mundane music?
post examples

Oof, user

King Crimson and MBDTF are the only two that aren't, wtf have I been somehow peering into an alternate universe where Paranoid Android and Holland, 1945 are trapstep bangers?

>Paranoid Android and Holland, 1945
neither of those are depressioncore

>I have autism
Yeah, you clearly fucking do.

confirmed has only listened to Kid A and ITAOTS

I fucking knew I was in a different universe than the rest of Sup Forums, here they're both just moaning and mumbling about everyday life over some acoustic guitar and electronic masturbation

in addition to the essential fact that 95% of posters including OP here don't have a brain or any kind of musical expertise whatsoever :^)

You go to hell and you die

so...I was right in saying that neither of them are depressioncore

>everyday life
holland, 1945 is literally about anne frank being reincarnated as a spanish child playing a flaming piano

set to a rather upbeat folk tune i might add

Well, in my universe, depression means a lack of feeling, emotion, ambition and desire. So no, they're very depressioncore.

>Well, in my universe, depression means a lack of feeling, emotion, ambition and desire.
that's literally not what depression means tho.

he didn't even get far enough through the album to the time machine AND WILL SHE REMEMBER ME 50 YEARS LATER?

Excuse me wtf ITAOTS is just about teenagers having sex and contemplating mortality, there's nothing supernatural like that in the album

I only listen to obscure indie/ambient albums i find on youtube that have under 2k views to feel like i have better taste than others

>a lack of feeling, emotion, ambition and desire
That doesn't even fucking describe either of those songs.

Listen to more dark ambient. That's real depressioncore.

shit troll dude

>depression means a lack ambition
well one out of four is at least something

>well in my universe, words mean what i want them to mean !!!

But dark ambient actually makes me feel something, usually cosmic and eldritch in scale.

I'm being serious though, that's all I got from the album, and I listened to it like 12 times.

"That's glory for you"

But no, I'm saying that I must be somehow connecting to a universe different from the one I exist in on Sup Forums, where music sounds and is interpreted totally differently.

i'm sorry that emotional reactions are subjective and differ from person to person

that's not what your post said though

you must have sucked dick in english class

>not listening to Duster and slowcore all day while contemplating the reasons why your life became so boring and meaningless
smdh famifam

OP has a point. So much of the music that Sup Forums obsesses over is mediocre, apathetic, boring, passionless shit. Honestly I'd rather listen to top 40 than half the shit that gets jerked off to here on a daily basis just because it's "obscure", indie, and "unique".

amen

>So much of the music that Sup Forums obsesses over is mediocre, apathetic, boring, passionless shit. Honestly I'd rather listen to music that's even more mediocre, apathetic, boring, and passionless

I don't know, I listen to pop music a lot. Listening to Bjork right now.

>complain about apathy and lack of passion
>expect people who have repeatedly confirmed over the course of 5 years that they do not share your taste to feed you something you like rather than just putting the work in to find it yourself

>I'm an antisocial introvert with autism
yeah, we figured

nice generalizations

Why are you assuming all or even most of us are like this?

8/10

>but that is literally all you have listened to for half a decade.
Yeah, but is it tho?
I really don't think most, or any, of us listen solely to Sup Forumscore.
Sure, that chart includes some of my favorite albums like Loveless, ITAOTS, and Lift Your Skinny Fists, and I quite like drone and other mellow or slow genres, but I enjoy a lot of fun and upbeat music and, fuck, I'll admit to listen to a bunch of Top 40 artists, I like to listen to Coldplay and Owl City and Red Hot and Foo Fighters.
And even if the other people on Sup Forums don't like exactly those artists, I'm willing to bet they like other music like that as well, even if once in a while.

Chart threads, what artists get talked about all the time, what artists don't get talked about, ever, the obsession with RYM, p4k, Scaruffi and Fantonio...

Then why focus the board solely on what p4k talks about?