scaruffi.com/vol8/oceanf.html
scaruffi.com/politics/sv.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He has. 5/10 is too high.
scaruffi.com/vol8/oceanf.html

Wtf I hate Blonde now

HOLY SHIT SCRAUFFI AGREED WITH ME
I SAID ENDLESS WAS BETTER THAN BLONDE

scaruffi is an old italian guy did you really expect him to get Blonde?

>frank talking about sucking dick for an hour
whats to get?

Kys

not an argument

>lo-fi songs
in what world is this lo-fi?

all of it but its his translation of minimalistic

how can you even call this a review?

why do people care about scaruffi? the most necessary trait for any intelligent judgment is self awareness, which scaruffi doesn't possess in the slightest. He tries so fucking hard to look intelligent. I thought he was a pure meme.

also not surprised he doesn't get Blonde, it's an album for people that grew up during the information age.

>it's an album for people that grew up during the information age.
not true btw
a facebook skit doesn't make it about the information age cmon m8

Frank's music is filled to the brim with references to millenial culture, I didn't even think of the skit when i wrote this. The term information age implies more than just social media. The same applies to Channel Orange btw.

>Frank's music is filled to the brim with references to millenial culture
like????????

afro-american, please. everything produced from now onwards is about the information age, because that's the age we're living in and art can do nothing but reflect the environment in which it was produced, yo.

scaruffi.com/politics/sv.html

Facebook refference

w0w so difficult to understand

>"tech gimme immortality"
>facebook story
>"met her at coachella"
>"need a ring like Carmelo"
>"all you want is nikes"
Just off the top of my head, there's so much more

>"tech gimme immortality"
scaruffi talks about the tech field 24/7
>facebook story
sure
>"need a ring like Carmelo"
basketball players who never win champions isn't a new thing friend
>"all you want is nikes"
..... are you implying the demand for nike shoes is something new?????

>it's an album for people that grew up during the Information Age
All the more reason to hate it

this guy haha. what power level of autism is this?

uthor of 17 books
Nine books on music
Two books of poetry
One book on history
Two books on Cognitive Science
Three books on Artificial Intelligence
Lectured at academic and industrial institutions in three continents (including U.C. Berkeley)
Extensive academic exposure (visiting scholarships at Harvard and Stanford Universities, joint research with MIT, Yale, CalTech)
20-year research career in the computer industry, pioneering Artificial Intelligence and Internet applications since the 1980s
20+ year career as music, movie and book critic for both U.S.A. and European magazines and dailies

why are you such a contrarian?

yea that sounds like autism

why can't make you a simple argument.
i disagreed with his review but saying a guy who studies technology all day didn't get an album based on the "information age" is a straight lie.

>The hype preceding its release did not help Blonde (2016), overcome the fundamental mediocrity of the lo-fi songs, as if they were merely reworked leftovers. The album can matter only to those who care about his autobiographical lyrics. All in all, the 45-minute video, Endless, that preceded it might be more interesting.

ROFL10/10 review

i thought ulililia was a king, this guy is some illuminati

I'm not the guy you're arguing with, you copied his post and broke it down piece by piece, you are the very definition of an anal retentive contrarian.

>replying to each point is contrarian
cmon m8
hes the mastah of everything and chinese woman

Should I record an acoustic cover of ivy?
>tfw you use it in your tinder bio

idk what anyone on this thread is talking about...i just like this album a lot.

Did you really think Scaruffi would like "muh black homosexual celebrity" rap? He's left-leaning, but not a brainwashed imbecile like so much of you.

Don't forget he claims to be the winner of the "NMC music award for taste" despite google searches finding no such organization as the NMC as well as he is the receiver of "multiple international awards" for his Beatles writeup which have never surfaced.

told you dude...autism

if you unironically think people only like frank because he's black and gay i feel sorry for you

its an offline organization pleb!

>rap
oh so you've never listened to Frank Ocean, thanks for sharing.

have you tried not being a mindless drone?

>Endless is better
BASED SCRUFFING
BLONDFIGS BTFO

it was sarcasm, retard

he doesn't just reference it, he imitates it. fuck i'd go even further and say that the context contemporary culture provides is essential for the understandment of his music. Obviously you could say about any modern artist that their music forms part of millennial culture, see what this guy said : But Frank's music distinguishes itself from other contemporary music in that it displays complete awareness of this. Take the line "these bitches want nikeees", yes nikes have obviously been around for longer, but that is irrelevant, what counts is the connotations that nikes have in the 2010's, it's an obvious status symbol. His use of "bitches" imitates braggadocious hip hop rhetoric, the high pitch makes it seem like he's parodying it even. A very obvious example of why interpreting his music requires contemporary context is the "Floor model TV with the VCR" line in Pyramids. Frank doesn't refer to this to make it seem like the narrative is set in the 90's, he uses it to refer to something outdated and point to the poverty of the person he sings about. That only works if you include millennial culture.
Also there is a certain millennial consciousness that Frank is very good at capturing. If you're as much a Scaruffi stan as you point to be then you might have read his shit on consciousness and come across the term qualia, which perfectly describes what I mean.
sorry for my writing btw, it's my unfiltered stream of consciousness

>tl;dr you get more out of Frank when you connect it to modern culture