Is music the highest form of art?

What music is considered a high form of art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C1GhNWS3yN8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Richard_Wagner
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicki_Minaj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no its not. its piss easy to get into music and then use subjective to back up your shit taste.

reading requires time and effort to finish a book.
in 30-45mins you're done with most albums

That chart should be:

>Cinema
>Video Games
>Literature
>Music

That's a fact.

>pop/rock
>not jazz

Nice b8

Idiot

There's no way you're over 20

It's:
>Games
>
>TV
>
>
>Music
>Literature
>Cinema

For those who don't see the troll in this

This is basically like comparing bananas and apples

also
>implying literature is art

so close for 71111111
fuck me

TV's not even on the chart you dumb faggot.

And your point is?

I was listening the lowest and highest forms of art in my opinion

what a retarded thing to say

right

its true
its so easy to be "patrician" on this board its laughable

>on this board
That's a pretty shit yardstick you're using there. If it's gonna be the one we use though, being a partition on Sup Forums is probs easier than being a patrician on Sup Forums.

Remove video games from the chart all together. Add "Studio art" or however youd want to phrase it.

New chart reads Literature>Studio Art>Music>Cinema

true

>Kino LOL
>Literature Video Games
>Music

>cinema before video games

> Cinema over games
Stop.

>Performance Art you participate in
>Cinema
>Literature
>Music

>Kino
>
>
>
>
>
>Video Games
>Literature
>Music

That genuinely hurt to read

>implying video games are a form of art

You really think games are for losers don't you ? It's clearly that you dont play masterpiece like Fallout 2 Deus Ex or VTMB and in the list is alot more

>implying they are not

>Implying
I have. Not even the best videogames I've played.

Beceause the post is shit.
Litterature is art you stupid cunt

Video games aren't art. Rock music and film are roughly on the same level. Classical and jazz a tier above. I don't read so sure, let's put literature at the top.

It is how flexible each art form is.

It goes:
>Video games
>Film
>Music
>Literature

vampire the masquerade is a terrible deus ex clone with a hot topic skin

>music so high
are you like, 15 years old?

>implying Thief The Metal Age isn't art

Why would you assume something is a higher form of art when you haven't even experienced it.

>playing games that came out before 2003

It's fucking true though. You can backup just about anything with muh taste is subjective.

>Oh my god dude Captain Beefheart is the shit listen to this omg sooooo good dude aaaah the melodic instruments ahhh the texture
>It sounds like noise to me
>No dude you just don't get it

You can justify listening to wall noise and thinking its tasteful and artistic.

>Playing in modern games

IT'S SUPPOSED TO GO FROM BEST TO WORST REEEEE

Embarrassing thread

Game is charming

t. obviously underage teen

Literature and Cinema is shit
Art as in paintings is the highest art possible
Video games are not quite there yet.
Music is just below art (paintings)

Why, of all things, would you choose Ulysses?

It's literally how Death Grips got memed into being good.

Someone just said it's good and then it became good.

You could argue this could be done in any medium except video games.

I'm just joking around man.

Fuck the zombie levels

>implaying paintings is art

>it's literally how death grips got memed into being good

What about fantano/p4k/100's of rym reviews who critically analyse the music, pick out things they like, things they don't like, and comment on it in the context of music as a whole and conclude it's good. Have they been "memed"? Because they seem to put forward some well thought out and comprehensive arguments.

It depends. Most forms of popular music don't take that long to fully digest and understand. Not to mention that even though so called "wildly different" genres like metal, hip hop, etc. exist, there ultimately isn't enough of a difference between most popular music stuff. So it's true that anyone can become a music fan with a crappy subjective opinion.

But where this changes is in the realm of art music. There's so much to analyze and observe musically, that unlike popular music there's far more valid things to be said. That being said, art music also takes a lot more work than popular music to fully digest as well. Hell, unlike popular music which is arguably the easiest art medium ever to digest, art music might actually be the toughest art medium ever in terms of trying to understand it.

Lol Music reviews is like wine tasting or cigar reviews. No value, all subjective.

dance

Game is gr8 and have awesome soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=C1GhNWS3yN8

Not when they can identify things in the music that they think is note/praiseworthy. It's objectively there. It's subjective if it's good or not but the overwhelming consensus is it IS good in DG's case. The beauty is you, me or anyone else who feels different can refute those points, but I imagine the extent of your criticism is "I don't get it, this is pretentious shit". The music is objectively there, if you think it's subjectively good or bad put it into words, if everyone is saying a bad album is good, refute them. The extent of your criticism is "it's a meme" so I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are pretty entry level and just annoyed you don't "get it"

no fucking way is cinema above music

I didn't even read all of that because I know how low IQ you are. A music reviewer could make a album of shit and fart sounds sound good.

That era of art is over were you could "objectively" tell if something is good. There are people who rank a shit smear on a canvas the same as a Da Vinci painting.

Litterature is art just like a plain [insert color] painting is. Or a an empty glass box.

How is it considered "art" again?
>inb4 how is anything else considered art???

>I didn't even read all of that because I know how low IQ you are

kek
ok friend

Out of interest can I ask what some of your favourite albums are?

kek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Richard_Wagner

pleb

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicki_Minaj

Diverse.

Oh a musical theatre lover, figures. Glee for the 19th century.

damn double dubs

I know you're trying to be funny (it's not working) but check out an opera one day.

>You favourite form of art
>You like form of art
>You dislike form of art
>You hated form of art

Not trying to be funny, also i've heard all Wagner's operas.

Or you could be not autistic and just enjoy all of them

Highest at forms of art in music:

Mozart
Beethoven
Kind of Blue
A Love Supreme
Pet Sounds
ITCOTCK
Dark Side of The Moon
Loveless
OK Computer

How does that even come close to movies like Snowpiercer, Silence of the Lambs and other great movies?

You're meme-ing, right?

Kek

The only correct person here

Yes

music would be highest
but country and rap music bring it down a notch
cinema wins

Music isn't a medium that deserves that much effort put into it. Music is something for the background. It's something to amplify other mediums, it's a secondary.

Film, literature, paintings, sculpture even vidya and anime, these are mediums of art that you put effort into. You admire them in a primary sense in that your whole concentration is going into them. They are the main draw and are interesting on their own.

Music is literally just a backup medium. It's mostly there to be background noise so thinks don't get awkwardly quite. It's there to enhance some atmosphere in video games, to help draw out the right emotions in film.

By itself, music isn't much. It's just an effortless amusement to keep you from getting bored while driving to work, lifting at the gym, or while doing something around the house to just have something playing.

It's not a medium that is worth the time investment to sit down and "listen to an album". How the fuck am I meant to devote my entire attention to an album. It's just a collection of fucking sounds. At least Hollywood had the good sense to realize this in the 80's and created music video's so they can go along with something.

Music is also something you do communally. You can dance to it with friends and women, play it at family get together. It's just entertainment. Not art. Some movies you can do this as well, but you don't watch Jodorowski with your family, you watch some flick or kids film with family and friends. You listen to music with family in social situations. You can't sit and read a book with family.

The type of person who sits down to "listen to an album in full" must be highly autistic. It just sounds like the most retarded boring thing to do, to focus soley on the music. Yeah sometimes if it's your favorite song and the best bit comes up you can pause what you are doing and listen to that one great line or good guitar work or whatever I guess, but a whole fucking album. Fuck off.

this

Why are you on Sup Forums
Serious question.

educating the children.

Paid trolls are a thing, user. Even the government hires trolls now.

>the eternal pleb

Music is as immediate an objectification and copy of the whole will as the world itself is, indeed as the Ideas are, the multiplied phenomenon of which constitutes the world of individual things. Therefore music is by no means like the other arts, namely a copy of the Ideas, but a copy of the will itself, the objectivity of which are the Ideas. For this reason the effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence.