So, I had a florescent light bulb smashed in my hand. Should I go to the ER? This happened 2 hours ago

So, I had a florescent light bulb smashed in my hand. Should I go to the ER? This happened 2 hours ago

yes

ER seems a little far fetched, try going to a general doctors office 1st, im sure he will give you some antibiotics.

bump

some spit and glue should work unless ur a pussy, then yes.

I would but I'm uninsured, should I stitch it myself?

Ur okay if you didnt inhale the nerve gas and washed out all the mercury from the wound.

steri strips and antibiotics should do keep the wound clean and dry

sure just dip your finger in alcohol, the thread in alcohol, needle also. Drink some while ur at it.

If your a real man you drink the blood soaked vodka!

land of the free

If you want to waste your time sure.

If you're a man then clean it, wait till it's stopped bleeding, clean it again and use superglue to close the wound.
For something like that a nurse would probably use superglue too so the result will be the same.

Smash it and livestream

or he could treat this naturally on his own with the right products which he is almost certain not to have

op you could go to the ER for some really painful stitches or you can compress it closed, keep it elevated and dont fuck with it for a day or two, either way thats gonna be a gnarly scar. should probably clean it out well too. theres some nasty stuff in those bulbs..

duct tape it and man the fuck up

No alcohol, how bad would it be if i stitched it without?

dubs speak the truth

Depends on how deep it is. If it's not that deep, take scissors, clean it well with alcohol etc and cut off the remaining skin. Keep it dry and clean it whenever you feel like it. If it's very deep, go to a doctor or stitch it yourself, clean it good before. I have often done things like this myself, it hurts like a maniac.

You should kill yourself because it's probably infected with aids and you might even have gangrel.

>cut off the remaining skin

No, don't do this. You shouldn't cut off any skin unless it is clearly dried out and dead which it is obviously not right now.

it could be bad, it could get infected and you will have a wound that hurts 10 times more and that will weaken you until you properly need medical attention.

You'll need stitches to get a clean heal and to heal it faster. I would try to go to one of those emergency care clinics. Let them know up front that you don't have insurance but you just need a few stitches.

Optionally, this will sound crazy, but you could call around to some vet clinics. They might all turn you away, but if even one says they'll treat you then you're golden. They're used to dealing with cash, and this is a fairly simple cut, just deep and long.

It obviously is already dead
you will feel no pain, OP

Shit I just used vasoline and bandages for a bullet wound faggot.

Ok, I have tape and I have paper towels. That's my short-term solution. It cracked my fingernail and that's what hurts the worst.

if anything just clean it and use superglue, it will hurt like fuck but it will work. Dont use a band aid or duct tape..

get the fuck out, dont write lies

Don't believe this guy. He has no idea what he is talking about. No doctor would trim that injury at this point.

itll heal.
disinfect like others have said here and put the paper towel on it. then rap it in duct tape.

might want to change paper towels from time to time and check on it too.

seriously though, duct tape. its not that bad

with paper towel, yes if changed from time to time, but duct tape directly on the wound would make it a haven for bacteria.

>newfag spotted

> new fag spotted

>new
>fag

kek

yep

Ok, disinfectant, duct tape, and paper towels it is. Thank you.

kekd
so much fail

trannnies lives dont matter

its really common sense user..
but uh.. yeah. yw

That's what I was going to do originally, I just wasn't sure if it was ER worthy, ya know?

Free people, not free things ;)

if your cut takes longer than an hour to soak through a normal band-aid bandage, then there's no need to go see the doctor unless you start to get infected.

If you have to use pressure to stop the bleeding, on a would of this type, then you need to either go see the dr or learn how to bandage this type of wound.

Keep a close eye on it though, light bulbs have a powdery coating in them which could lead to infection. Keep it clean

ok learn to bandage wound, that will solve my problems!!!!!!!!!!!

don't be stupid. no need for stitches and if it's been over 4 hours you shouldn't close it now anyway.

Just youtube pressure bandaging and go buy the right supplies. you'll be fine in 2 weeks.

isn't it interesting the way blood will pool under a layer of vaseline?

Just wash it up. It's not too bad and you should be fine with some rubbing alcohol / bacteria cleaner
I don't even think you need stitches for that imo.

it absolutely will. this is going to heal on it's own just fine, no worries.

honestly if you can clean it and you didnt hit any veins then its rarely ER worthy.
that kind of shit will heal on its own. in time

Anyone want a close up before I bandage it?

It only hit the blubber.

OKAY THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

1: OPEN up the cut and make sure there is no glass or other debris in it. spray with water

2 put loads of poly sporin on it. and wrap tightly with bandage replace daily

It's already cleaned of debris and glass. and now bandaged, BUT I APPRECIATE YOUR ENTHUSIASM.

Dude part of your finger is about to fall off. unless you want to have a long painful healing process that may or may not get extremely infected then just go to the ER l