Doctor going to give me antidepressant pills, what should I expect?

Doctor going to give me antidepressant pills, what should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/antidepressants-decreased-my-sex-drive_n_7024738.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

happiness or even more sadness

you wont care about anything anymore, if you got a relationship, it will suffer, depending on your partner

My first time taking anti depressants was tough, the adjustment period isnt easy. Those things eventualy saved my life though. I was suicidal 2 years ago, now I feel like myself.

use in conjunction with therapy if possible and be mindful of how things develop. all the usual things that get perscribed for depression (exersize, good food, sleep etc) become easier, so do them.

work hard and stick it through. That black dog can be tamed.

Good luck user

Good times. Bad times. An empty wallet.

You should expect no change.

that can be the case, but as with all common side effects they are dependent on the drug, dosage and patient.

I take citalopram, and initially had a lowered sex drive and the cliched numbing of emotions, however I lowered my dosage and found a great balance

Well ever see the movie Shudder Island? If you havent I highly suggest it. First time you might get diahrea for a week till you adjust to it, you could feel happier or could mame you suicidal just a side affect GL

Well fap while you can it will kill any urge to have sex or fap and depending on what you are on you might not even be able to ejaculate shit sucks man

Your benis wont work and you will not even be able to cum

could also be a special case, my gf takes them
next to some other pills because of borderline syndrome, quite hard sometimes to have a normal relationship going

i never got the loss of sexual urge Ive been on Zoloft and Lexapro. Now jaw clenching and dry mouth you gotta watch out for.

PRO TIP: it was never explained to me how important it is to be consitent (made things difficult for the first couple of months). Take the same time each day (I recommend an alarm on your phone) and avoid skipping days. If you do miss a day, dont double your meds the next day tho

not for Britfags

Boner problems, jack it before you take your pills.

Man when I was on celexa I tried to fapping till my dick was raw, now granted I was on benzos and seraquel too

>will not even be able to cum
this.

oh you will try like a mutha' fucka,
you might even reach the promise lands, but you will suffer to get there

Sertraline destroyed my sex drive
Catylst that ruined my marriage
So yeah....they Fucking suck

Lol you will have a limp dick OP, best way to put it you will have a tiny useless piece of shemeat it sucks but better then suicide!

no
this and this

you'll be even more depressed

fapping for hours without being able to cum
premature ejaculation
bursts of anger from nowhere
being angry for no reason whatsoever/being disgusted by people
weight gain
restless legs
struggling to sleep
severe apathy
headaches
drymouth
5 second burst of energy out of nowhere
falling asleep mid day for no reason

theres plenty more but these are ones ive had

sorry to hear that Sup Forumsro.
mental health issues both on and off meds can make relationships hard. hope it gets easier for you

anti-depression may cause depression

Reminder that antidepressant is the government way of getting rid of the weak by turning them into zombies that can't reproduce. Don't do it. Fix your life instead.

I had a combination of Zoloft and Ativan now that made me lose all emotions but i could still get hard and fuck. Maybe its just something that I'm lucky not to deal with. I have read a lot of people get impotence which I hope I don't ever have to deal with that shit.
Also OP never quit cold turkey you will feel miserable and have "brain zap" they feel like youre cumming like for one second it gets to be unenjoyable.

Damn I had this happen to me too, it would take me 20 to 30 mins of HARD fapping I mean to where my arm hurt and was tired.. it chafs your dick and I had like open cuts on it fuck meds

expect to feel more neutral or numb at first, also you will feel that it's easier to feel happy and harder to feel sad.

your life is now over

Holy shit you're me

Your dick may not work.

Not trying to scare you but you wont be able to cum even when trying too, just look up the meds you ae going to be on, also take them dont be a faggot and not and DONT abuse them

What if you're female

Lol ya cock wont work M8, welcome to being a zombie oh ya over time you build a tolerance to it so you need more and more.. its a slippery slope

huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/antidepressants-decreased-my-sex-drive_n_7024738.html

get a load of this guy

I had the opposite effects sucks to be you dude but i have bouts of anger weight gain insomia apathy and trouble staying awake without the meds so.

Then you will use the medication as an excuse to be a stupid bitch, another excuse like "muh period"

Oh man the brain zaps suck
I was on sertraline for 3 years and stopped cold turkey after I couldn't put up with side effects anymore
Weeks of brain zaps made me naucious
Now I'm back to being a cynical depressed fucking asshole who wants to die but is too much of a pussy to kill myself

might seek therapy soon. my biggest fear is that they will put me on meds and make me feel numb, fat and crazy.

i took ativan nightly while getting chemo. wanted to fuck every nurse that walked into the room. or maybe that was the steroids?

Dick wont work, cunt will go dry, you will gain weight in the end you will become addicted and live in a haze

when its going the wrong way, bringing her
back to reality from time to time helps alot.

never had a depression or suicidal thougts,
so understanding isnt that easy sometimes,
but totally worth the trouble

Benzos make my cock hard about an hour after taking them I have a massive boner that last for up to a hour, hope your cancer is gone M8 sorry

>Dick wont work
Fucking this, this is the biggest fucking side effect

OP here, thanks for the replies, I hope it's not as bad as it sounds
kek
these seems legit
haha I got chemo too, and wanted to fuck some nurse since the steriods
what does "cold turkey" and "brain zap" stands for? like headache?

cold turkey means stopping suddenly like no tapering off just stopping.
Brain zap is exactly what I said. no other explanation

Say good bye to using ya penis my dude

Literally nothing, been taking them for 4 years and stopped because its just a scam.

Med student here, literally about to take my test on psych in a few days.
Short answer is it depends on the type of antidepressant (TCA, TeCA, SNRIs, SSRIs, etc). Most important is don't expect the main effects to kick in for about 2-4wks so keep on it. Also don't come directly off the stuff. Antidepressants are great for more moderate to severe depression but CBT is suitable for mild depression. In any case if you really want to get better, a combo of CBT and antidepressants is usually quite good. Is there anything in particular you want to know?

Nah fam
It's like a jolt in your brain every few steps or so
It's fuck all like an orgasm like that daft cunt said
It sucks

mother fucker I said its like a second as in you get lightheaded like when you nut really hard

Nope
It's ain't nothing like that

Then your feminine penis won't work.

youre right man i was just fucking around you basically die for a second.

If I take it regurarly but still go out some night, and if I do drugs like lsd or shroom, will it moderate my trip?

nothing, it will do nothing for you. the change should come within yourself and the pills help you to manage the change. the pills won't cause the change

It's like tiny harmless jolts of electricity in the back of your eyes at night for the first few weeks, it's nothing like an orgasm but it's not painful either

Unless you're actually depressed. Until I started taking my meds I was crying like a bitch everyday. Couldn't even watch TV or listen to music. Everything was crushingly sad. I know what you mean though. The antidepressants are a crutch. They numb you until you manage to fix your life.

they dont work. i beat my depression by doing 5 grams of potent psilocybin mushrooms in complete darkness

so do that pussy, dont rely on SSRIs

Your will be able to get boners, but you won't be able to cum
You won't feel any happier
Emotionally you won't notice anything different but others will claim that you seem better when you haven't changed at all
Overall they're fucking useless, and they take about a month and a half of withdrawls to come off of
This coming from someone who has been on 6 different antidepressants and now takes nothing because that shit is poison garbage
The main ingredient is the same as those used in horse tranqs. They've been proven to shrink brain mass. They won't put happy chemicals into your brain, they will just sedate you and make you dumb enough to believe everything is ok, when it's still not

This
My doctor has been slowly reducing the dosage of venlafaxine ever since I've started to get my shit straight

Most of the people in this thread have no idea what they're talking about.

Coming from a person whose taken a ton of different anti-depressants and anti-anxiolytic drugs.. If you really are depressed then, from personal experience, I would say an SSRI/SNRI will do little to nothing.

I never had any erectile problems, ever... while on any medicine I've taken which include but are not limited to:
Lexapro
Effector
Lamictal
Buspar
Topamax
Klonopin

I would have to say that overall for depression/anxiety that Lamictal and Buspar have helped the most.

I tried them once, found some zoloft in my house. Was able to finally fuck my hot gf without premature ejaculation, usually would only last minutes, this time tho i lasted an hour and didnt even cum, it was amazing.

so have you experienced any long term side effects?

*Effexor

Should also mention that they don't "numb" my emotions or anything like that, they just make everything somewhat manageable.

Everyone's being so negative in this thread, I got put on prozac 6 weeks ago and I can honestly say the last 6 weeks have been the happiest time in my life. The constant urge to commit suicide is barely there, and life is just so so much easier.

It's not because it didn't happen to you that it doesn't exist faggot. Look on the net, there's a lot of report of erectile dysfunction when using antidepressants.

I never said it didn't happen, I'm just saying it doesn't always happen.

Also, if you truly are depressed you wouldn't give a flying fuck about your dick being limp vs. being mid-line to happy.

Antidepressants don't work in 6 weeks.

Again, it comes down to the type of antidepressant.

TLDR; it won't moderate your trip, it'll do the opposite, likely increasing the effects and possibly causing near-fatal side effects (serotonin syndrome).

>LSD
From what I know, LSD causes its effects by increasing DA (dopamine) and 5-HT (serotonin) neurotransmission. Thing is, most antidepressants work by blocking the disposal of serotonin, this increases the amount of serotonin in your brain and supposedly positively effects mood (this is based on the current theory of depression). Now the problem with serotonin is that too much of it can kill you - it causes a fatal thing called Serotonin Syndrome which involves tremors, fatally high body temp and seizures. If you're using antidepressants to increase serotonin, it's calc'd to be at a safe level. If you then go and take LSD, chances are you'll pump that serotonin up to unsafe levels and it'll fuck you up so be careful and consult w/ your doc first if at all possible.

>Mushrooms
These are just straight up serotonin receptor agonists - in other words they basically act like serotonin. So same sorta deal, if you take these + antidepressants, you're looking at a decent likelihood of Serotonin Syndrome or some other nasty complication.

Depends on the anti-depressant... Not all need to build up in your system.

Maybe stop taking drugs and you'll stop being depressed idiot.

So edgy, who could argue that logic.
"Science man give me brain shrinkers"
You need to get yourself in a state of mind that puts a smile on your face in the first place to know what makes you happy.
If nothing makes you happy then just kill yourself and quit whining .

It numbs the pain until you're able to get your life together. The side effect is that you won't give a shit about anything and just get fat, your sex drive will also be non existent. It's a good temporary solution

I just started taking this shit today.

First time since I was 11, and I was taking Zoloft back then. Now I'm 30.

I'm guessing you take Prozac?

anti depressants basically turn you into a psychopath

instead of feeling no sadness you wont feel any emotion whatsoever
Try to stay away from guns aight?

Actually most start working within 2-4wks of starting treatment. They start working as soon as 5-HT1A autoreceptors are desensitized and downregulated.

expect a chemical lobotomy, though you won't see it coming.

No long term side effects, not that I'd attribute to the chemicals specifically. A loss in faith in medicine though. Mostly because I'd take one antidepressant for a while, tell my therapist nothing changed, they'd up the dose (I went to the max dosage on every one), come back, nothings changed, let's try this one then, same deal, repeat, no thought behind it or anything. Literally just taking shots in the dark with what they're prescribing me, fucking stupid.

Dont take them. Depression get better over Time. They can kill your Sex Drive even after you stop taking them. Look for PSSD

Me? No. Right now I'm only on Lamictal and Buspar... never had Prozac before.

I've been on a few different SSRI's and SNRI's though with no visible effect.

Going through a bunch of other health issues right now like low testosterone, hypothyroidism, sudden onset diabetes, joint problems, seizures, etc. so I'm sure a large portion of my depression is from that.

Depression doesn't always get better, I'm a shining example of that. I've been depressed since I was 14-15 for 16 years with major anxiety.

More depression.

do you have more of that girl? face 10/10

omg who is this girl?

Nah bruh depression is a genetic defect. The pills help fix it like a sledge hammer to a wall nail.

Seriously?
How old were you?
How long werenyou depressed prior?

The change will be subtle but when you compare your mood next week with this week, youll notice youre a lot happier. Boners will be harder to maintain. If you start feeling REALLY good its because youre bipolar and your doctors were too fucking dumb to figure that out, so head to the hospital before you start bouncing off the walls like a fucking maniac.

It's less that, and more you can't just flick a switch and turn on (by yourself).

Horror and suffering.

The walls will close in on all sides.

You dick won't get hard anymore.

You'll be stuck in strange thought loops.

You'll try to stop taking them,

only to receive electric shocks in the brain.

All your friends will leave you.

You'll stop doing interesting things, because your interests will change, youll find yourself content to sit on the internet looking at memes all day.

Ah me too
But I have little self control
I always start Prozac or lexipro or whatever ssri and take it for a few months; then stop.
I'm 5 weeks in at the moment, and I'm gaining weight and depressed. Not so anxious anymore... Life sucks
I'm sick of being scared of everything and everyone and weird

Jesus Christ
This is me
I should just kms

Is my ex hot?

Promise you, it's genetic defect.

Been on Prozac a few months now. Good days and bad. Especially bad if I forget a dose or run out. Bad days are worse than they were before being medicated. If you have exhausted every other method of treatment then take meds. If not try St. John's wort

I'm pretty good with taking my meds.. I take 40mg Buspar and 100mg Lamictal along with all the other crap I have to take for medical problems.

I've only ever stopped taking my meds once, last year, because after I took them I felt like I was going to die from how bad I felt physically which was prolly my thyroid med.

But yea, it sucks.

You're a fucking faggot

Anti depressants turned my life around, made me a better parter.

OP, don't listen to this retard

Lucky break user. One size don't fit all.

If you don't want sexual side-effects, ask for Wellbutrin.

It's an NDRI (norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor) used as an antidepressant and as a nicotine cessant. SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) are the most popular antidepressants, and in my experience they cause the most trouble in the pants. Being able to ejaculate becomes a thing in the past when you're on a moderate dose of an SSRI. Even when I was on as little as 50mg Zoloft, it took ~15 minutes of fapping just to climax. Sex took even longer.

As a matter of fact, some people use SSRIs for that purpose. The morning before they think they're getting some humpy-pumpy, they'll take a modest dose and bang for hours.

Anyway.

What to expect? Well, instability is a given. You’ll go up, you’ll go down, sometimes you’ll feel something that feels like both happening simultaneously. Sleep problems are common, your appetite might change, you might develop cravings. I've been on nineteen psychotropic drugs since 2009, ranging from antidepressants to antipsychotics, from anxiolytics to stimulants. They all have their ups and downs, none of them are cure-alls, and none of them will eliminate every symptom. Some will do nothing - that part depends on your genetics. If offered, spend the ~$150 USD and get Genesight done. It’ll give you a super-detailed report of what drugs will have reduced or exaggerated effects based on your genes. This is a super, super useful thing to bring to your psychiatrist(s).

here, reached character limit

Conservatively speaking, you should expect ~60% of your symptoms to be alleviated by the drugs alone. But that depends heavily on your past. If you were abused or suffered any kind of severe trauma, the pills will be less effective and the rest will have to be picked up in talk therapy. Therapy is difficult, complicated, and slow - just like the medications - but it's worth it in the long run. You're basically rewiring your behavioral brain, and the brain is a complicated bowl of pasta. Expect arduously slow and difficult progress. Expect to try many different medications and many different professionals before finding balance.

Hopes this helps.