Saw these today, masterpieces. Best horror films I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot...

Saw these today, masterpieces. Best horror films I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot. Very rare for a horror sequel to be as good, if not better than the original. James Wan is an amazing director.

If you like horror and/or liked the first one then definitely watch it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uq5j6Zt6VHg
youtube.com/watch?v=6LiKKFZyhRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sooo.. No one seen it? Shame.

Yes. Liked the second one better too.

The director of Saw did it.

I liked both (preferred the second) but I think Insidious is even better.

The second one is so good, enjoyed it the whole way through.

i was bored sitting in the theater. i dont find ghosts scary.

i liked green room though

first one was better. The marilyn manson demon and the old british ghost were comical at best

The nun in the office scene with the painting was pretty horrifying.

>its a 90 minutes of jumpscares, and every scene is designed to provide more jumpscares with shitty deus ex machina sequences
Horror fans are the worst kind of plebs

I agree. When it's a cgi monster like the crooked man, it does nothing for me, but that nun creeped me out.

Fun at parties
When's the last time you had sex

When's the last time you've not spent a weekend watching anime?

When's the last time you've checked your privelege?

When's the last time you've checked my doubles?

Someone should go over and beat the shit out of that lying old cunt.

T. Somebody who never watches horror films

Janet? Definitely. This is the reason I thought the film was kinda silly, being based on a complete hoax.

this

jumpscares are the cancer of the horror genre. instead of creating actual suspense it's "ohh yeah, now the next jumpscare happens, BOOOOH". they're not spooky or horrific, they are horrible and annoying, a huge red flag that the movie will be shit and should be dropped immediately

Her and her shitty faggot husband literally ruined a bunch of people's lives just so the two kikes could sell their horror stories.

good ol' ad hominem
the crooked man was just ridiculous. I liked the first nun appearance tho, and the nun in the hallway scene. I think the hallway scene was specially good creepy scene with no need of loud noise aid to make it scary. Everything else went downhill for me from there

Oh I agree. I didn't get the Crooked man, was he the old man in a different form or seperate entity all together?

Yup. Amityville and Enfield were both fake, they were heavily involved with both cases. Go figure.

>Best horror films I have ever seen

I take it you haven't seen a lot of horror films then. These movies aren't bad, but I'd hardly call them master pieces, especially the second one. I laughed during most of the sequel.

Name some better horror films

green room was great
couldn't even finish conjuring 2 though

What films would you recommend user?

Antiviral
Altered States
The Fly
The Thing
Society
From Beyond
Omen

No thanks I went to see your first generic haunted house movie like everyone told me to. Did everyone else just not watch horror movies until Le Conjuring?

remember being bored with the first one. people get scared easily these days.

Alien
Jacobs ladder
Halloween
Uzumaki
Dont look now
Rosemarys Baby

Not a single scary film among them. Though a few of those are good films.

Is that Uzumaki as in that fucked up manga with the spirals? I love that. Didn't know there was a film.

It was over two hours, and you either

a) don't know what a jumpscare is

or

b) didn't actually watch the movie

Paranormal Activity (2007)
Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)
Paranormal Activity 3 (2011)
Paranormal Activity 4 (2012)
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014)
Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension (2015)

>Jacob's Ladder
My nigger. My favorite movie of all time.

>The Thing
>horror movie

Now I remember why I don't seriously discuss movies here, this board is filled with retards like you

this fucking bait
I loathe you

so what do you define as scary,
all of those films, to me, are way more scary then some jump scare festival where you can basically count down to the next jump scare.
Id rather have 90 minutes of build up to one really great scene. Don't look now is the perfect example in my opinion.
Might be really slow and boring to some people but if you pay attention and get all the clues, the last scene is one of the most disturbing i have ever seen

I've seen the first two PAs and I didn't get the hype. Nothing really happens.

The Grudge. I was 10 when I watched it the first time and was absolutely horrified.

How are any of those films scary you pathetic fucking child?

Japanese original or American remake?

>Religious horror shock
Fuck off Warner shill

It's was actually produced by New Line Cinema.. just so you know.

This. in most of the scary parts I just giggled a bit these movies are not scary. and anyone can get scared by a jumpscare if its unexpected

Black Swan was a lot spookier than a lot of """""""""horror""""""""" movies posted itt

Did they fix the problems that ruined the first? I liked the first one, is the sequel any good?

I saw both movies. I don't find them scary. Conjuring was good until the 3/4 mark.
After that, it become an action CGI version of the Exorcist.

This movie was worse. The entire build up was so fucking boring. The first half of the movie, before Lorraine and Ed get to the house felt like it was 2 hours... meanwhile, the entire movie was just 2 hours and 14 minutes.

It's also not at all scary. That might just be because I'm an adult, but none of the stuff that happens is scary. As soon as you ask 'why' then it just starts to look ridiculous.

All that stuff with the Crooked Man was just ridiculous. The Crooked Man comes from the tent, BURROWS through the wall into the next room in 2 seconds, and then Ed's brilliant idea to stop it... is to shut the door.
And then, you never see it again. That's it. It's never seen again and Ed is just in the other room now so the plot can progress.

IDK. It's not even a bad movie, I guess. Just dumb. Ghosts doing spooky things (or things we would find spooky) for no purpose is not spooky, to me.

Alien, The Shining, The Haunting (1963 version), Jacob's Ladder

I liked The Conjuring 2 but these movies blow it out of the water in terms of atmosphere and scares.

>when warren's daughter walks tot he table in that green dress outlining her curves

I couldn't have been the only one.

Just throwing a fun fact out there; the crooked man was not CGI. That's an actual actor who looks and moves like that. There were literally no digital effects during that scene, it was 100% practical, dead serious. It only looks digital because of Wan's shit lighting. The actor who played the crooked man was also in Mama, REC and will be in the It remake, famous for being able to move his limbs the way he does.

The crooked man actually wasn't cgi, it was done by the same guy (Javier Botet) in the same way he did Mama

youtube.com/watch?v=uq5j6Zt6VHg

The Witch and It Follows are real horror. Maybe some Ti West stuff, but he's on the fence.

Shit like The Conjuring, V/H/S, Insidious, Sinister are all popcorn horror. Predictable, dumb, unexciting, lacking in character, lacking in conflict, jump scares, lacking in atmosphere, etc.

The Conjuring was so fucking bad. It's bare bones how to do a possession story. Dumb reveal that she wrote down the name in the bible. Dumb furniture moving around for AN HOUR. Dumb voice speaking through the girl.

For starters the old man was just being used by the nun. The crooked man was another avatar the nun was using to frighten the family. It's all the same demon, just taking on different tailor made avatars to specifically mock whomever it happened to be haunting at the time.

Black Swan would have been great if the director wasn't a blatant liar about ripping off the anime movie Perfect Blue. He had stated many times he was a big fan of Satoshi Kon's work and when Black Swan came out and people questioned him ripping off PB he denied all knowledge of PB and Kon. This made me so bitter I have not watched it. Stupid I know.

There's a different between good popcorn horror and trash popcorn horror. Insidious was great. Lured all the kiddies into the theater by being a generic run of the mills shitty haunted house jump scare marathon for the first half then turned into a fun patrician horror for the second half. Tricked normies into experiencing a fun patrician horror movie.

The first half of Sinister, sans the night terrors scene, is one of the greatest horror movies ever made. Not even being hyperbolic. Genuinely one of the greatest horror movies ever made. As soon as it's revealed there is no cult / copycat killer but instead a supernatural demon the movie turns to absolute dog shit, but the movie still deserves credit for it's first half. VHS is straight up trash. Both Conjuring movies are a step up to typical studio horror, but nothing memorable.

The Witch is fine, but not great, morons like you pretend as if it's amazing because you're so fucking desperate to make yourself seem patrician. Certainly a good movie, but has it's flaws. It Follows is on the same level of Witch.

Thanks for clearing that up user

this, good horror films are supposed to fuck you up and not just make you jump on your chair and forget about it an hour later

I loved the Conjuring and was expecting the second one to be not as good because it's a sequel. I saw it last week, and other than the retarded teens in the audience I thought it was great, even better than the first. I heard James Wan wanted to move away from horror, but I'm glad he didn't.

Everyone on imdb seems to hate this movie, but I thought it was really good! I do have kind of a bias toward religious/exorcism movies if they're done well.

What are your guys' thoughts on it?

James Wan is a modern horror master.
So looking forward to his next movie based on that short film posted online a few years back.

youtube.com/watch?v=6LiKKFZyhRU

I didn't realize this was wan. I saw the trailer in the theater and thought it looked kind of bad to be honest

It's actually David Sandberg, I saw his name at the top of the poster and in the trailer and jumped to conclusions. Wan's a producer, not the director this time. But he is still involved with the project.

>based on a true story
I love Blair Witch, but it ruined the genre with its success because now every other horror movie has to claim to be real just because that one did and got attention. I have skipped every horror movie made after 1999 that claimed to have any connection to real events.

We used to be able to use that tag once a decade or so to make an extra terrifying movie. We used to have nice things...

Yes, it's a bottle horror film, like Alien. What else would you call it?