Now I'm not really quick to judge things, so don't act like I'm hating...

Now I'm not really quick to judge things, so don't act like I'm hating. I'm willing to read what you have to say as long as your not shit posting. But from what I've seen, I first saw that this album was seen as a "masterpiece" by all the normies, and when I listened to it end to end, I was like "this is probably hated by all those hipsters and patrician fags on /my/, I mean, it's so.....Poppy". But then I come to find out it's the most celebrated album on here, right next to in the aeroplane. Is there some ingenious thread of artistic irony I'm not picking up? I'm genuinely curious on what makes this thing the most unanimously praised album to ever hit the shelves. Just sounds decent to me, not great. Explain.

OP here, *Sup Forums

fantastic production
kanye at his lyrical best

Im not that great of a music reviewer but songs like runaway, blame game, POWER or Gorgeous all touch on different subjects, with strong lyrics. Those songs are also all completely different, musically speaking.
His rapping is top notch, featuring decent guest artists.
It's also completely different from 808, which in turn was completely different from his last albums.
Kanye is a allround producer and he shows it.
Im sure some other anons are much better in articulating their thoughts.

It may sound just above-average today, but that album was the one that started the maximalist wall of sound production in hip hop.
Kanye is the greatest producer of the XXI century.

Bump

Everyone here hates it, because it's cool to hate things that are cool (at least, on the internet).

he spent 3m making a hip hop album.

I don't think it sounds decent even, it's the joe camel that poked the slawcole back

Knowing the context of the album helps. It's about him exploring fame and his relationship with it. In light of the backlash at the time. It's his apology album. It's him contemplating the sacrifice and what you gain from it all. The lifestyle that comes with it, the simulataneous allure and the hollowness of it. Not to mention It has really really great production as well.

kanye's former ghost writer really knew how to write good lyrics
>mfw Nicki Minaj tries to claim she wrote her own verse on monster

i mean i like it because im kanye

NMH was a literal meme about how bad it was that newfags didnt understand and now for somereason people still act like its good, despite the fact we were mocking it for years originally.

that kanye album came out at a time when Sup Forums was flooded with pitchfork readers, and they instantly gravitate towards kanye

it's a bad album

>That Kanye album
I don't take your opinion seriously
Plus I think the meme about NMH was just that it was funny to shitpost it. It's a pretty good(although not the new barometer of musical genius) album, it's not bad. People had mixed feelings.

literally haven't seen nmh talked about sincerely in years. you and op have no idea what you're talking about

Seinfeld effect

literally one of the beast productions of all time, the work Kanye puts into his albuns it's mind blowing

if i don't read p4k but like kanye should i start reading p4k? serious question haha :)

It's way better than his previous albums. I prefer Life Of Pablo tho.

Bump

It's the context that matters. Half of the country hated Kanye to the point where even Mr. Obama called him out. His career was on life support and he reminded them allwhy they needed his music with MBDTF.

bump

i give it a 6/10. its bloated as fuck.

if it was cut down to 8 tracks, then we could talk about it being one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.