Young Americans > The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust > Station to Station > Hunky Dory > Low > Heroes > Lodger > The...

Young Americans > The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust > Station to Station > Hunky Dory > Low > Heroes > Lodger > The Man Who Sold the World > Aladdin Sane > Let's Dance > Diamond Dogs > Blackstar > Space Oddity > The Next Day > David Bowie > Scary Monsters > Tonight > Never Let Me Down (first actually bad album)

Tin Machine, Tin Machine II, BTWN, Outside, Earthling, Hours, Heathen, and Reality were all utter shit so I am not even going rank them.

Outside is fairly good, Earthling is more than decent, and I'm usually seen as a Bowie detractor.

>Tin Machine, Tin Machine II, BTWN, Outside, Earthling, Hours, Heathen, and Reality were all utter shit so I am not even going rank them.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Outside is just David Bowie singing poorly over bad hip hop beats and ambience. Earthling was just nonsense.

it is true.

>All those good albums as 'utter shit' but NLMD isn't.

You're fucking baiting aren't you?

NLMD is shit but at least it is listenable.

I seriously cannot believe that anyone can like anything past NLMD other than the next day and blackstar.

>All those good albums as 'utter shit' but NLMD isn't.

Tonight is just as shitty as NLMD

Tumble and Twirl, Neighborhood Threat, and Blue Jean aren't that bad, but it certainly isn't his best album.

Debatable.

It's just annoying when someone plays the 'it's so bad I can't rank them' card.

But hell, I'm curious. I wanna hear what's so """"bad"""" about these albums. Let's start with Black Tie.

Black Tie sounds like something out of a 90s instructional video, none of the instrumentals match the vocals on any of the tracks. He sings off-key for almost the entire fucking album.

Never Let Me Down and Down is ALMOST decent but the vocals are mediocre at best.

It seriously does not even seem like he tried at all on this album.

Outside and Earthling are not exceptionally good, but they include a few of his best tracks of the last 30 years.

>He sings off-key for almost the entire fucking album.
You're telling me on Nite Flights and The Wedding Song he sounds "off key" to you??

..Alright..if that's what you think.

You already kind of explained Outside. Can you go into more detail on Earthling?

>You're telling me on Nite Flights and The Wedding Song he sounds "off key" to you??

Yes, I am.

As for Earthlings, I suppose I could understand why someone might like it but it is just so incredibly different than anything else he has ever written that I just cannot like it. I do not like electronic very much at all, and I definitely don't like how "glitchy" the album sounds.

Seven Years in Tibet isn't so bad though.

Alright that explanation is at least a little more understandable.

Hours is bottom 5 on my list so I'll give you a pass on that.

Heathen?

Heathen sounds like an Evanescence album. I cannot stand late 90s/Early 2000s alt-rock and that is exactly what Heathen is.

I would honestly say Hours is the best of the bunch and it is a fucking video game soundtrack lol. It is still very bad, but I would put it above Earthling, BTWN, Outside, and Heathen.

>> Young Americans >

Why even read past that. You kidding me??

Get the fuck out of my thread you piece of shit.

Really? Hours above everything else? That's surprising as hell.

Either way I appreciate you explaining your viewpoints on this.

Reality looks like the last one. What did you hate about it (aside from the god awful cover)

I might have been a little harsh on Reality. Reality still retains its place as being among the worst of Bowie's albums but I suppose it isn't really that bad. It is just painfully mediocre. Nothing about the album stands out. I'd say it's about on par with Never Let Me Down.

It just sounds like very generic, plain rock music. It feels barren and devoid of any soul.

There isn't a single song on the album I would go out of my way to listen to but he has certainly done worse.

Bring me the Disco King, tho.

Sounds like Linkin Park.

...Okay now THAT I'm calling bullshit on.

How is that song in ANY way similar to Linkin Park?

The violin and heavy guitar and drums together sound like Linkin Park.

...Bring me the Disco King doesn't have violin.

Or heavy guitar.
At all.

And the drums it has aren't 'heavy'.
We're either not talking about the same song or you're completely bullshitting.

The version I remember was part of some movie sound track and it had electric guitar and violin, I just now listened to the original, my bad.

...Your credibility is being questioned right now if you don't remember which one was on the album.

Why would I listen to an album I don't like enough to be able to distinguish two versions of a song.

Seeing as the versions are both VERY vastly different you should know the sound of which one ended the album.

But I am curious: How many times DID you listen to the 'so bad' albums?

All the way through about twice each before I deleted them from my computer. I tried to like them but I just couldn't.

I'd suggest you give them another chance sometime. They're all on spotify and youtube topic channels last time I checked.

peeing in the bath > peeing while sitting down > peeing in a cup and throwing it out the window > peeing on a tree > peeing in your toilet at home > peeing in your toilet at home without bothering to lift the seat > peeing in the sink > holding it > peeing at a friend's house > pissing your pants > peeing in a public toilet with stall > peeing in the shower > peeing in a public urinal with no divider > peeing in the kitchen sink > peeing into your own mouth > peeing into an ice tray and freezing it > having someone kick the urine out of your penis for you

well that's completely shit m8

almost as shit as the albums you didn't rank

Considering Young Americans is one of his worst albums, absolutely nothing you say has any credence whatsoever.

Where would you rank Pin Ups

There is no Pin Ups.
Quiet you.

lol, no bro. YA is one of his best. songs like Young Americans, Win, Fascination, Fame, and Somebody Up There Likes Me are quite stellar. it's not my favorite album of his, but to deny it as a great album is simply imbecilic.

gotta admit, you got trolled hard. anyone who cites Linkin Park and Evanescence as examples is not someone i'd take in any way seriously when criticizing Bowie's work. i suggest reading the Pushing Ahead of the Dame blog for more studied criticisms on Bowie's music.

Hating on Earthling like that while praising Young Americans is full retard

Outside has some of the best music and vocals Bowie and Eno ever recorded. it's such a treasure of an album every time i listen to it a new melody or lyric presents itself.

in all honesty, this list reads like someone who half listened to every bowie album and discarded the ones that he couldn't fully appreciate.

nah, not OP, but i prefer YA more than Earthling. the drum n bass sounds really dated, even more than the Philly sound on YA, and Gabrels guitar work just grates on the ear. there are a few good songs on Earthling, though, but no real classics. i like Little Wonder, Telling Lies, and Dead Man Walking.